Home Forums Bike Forum SDW Feasibility advice 

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by mrl.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SDW Feasibility advice 
  • slowboydickie

Morning,

I was hoping to get in another SDW crossing on Friday but after all this rain I am wondering if I should leave to until next year.  Please can any regular SDW riders let me know if the recent rain has soaked / run off or if it’s a bit lethal?

Thanks!
    Rich

hoops

Green chalk\Ice chalk was in full effect this weekend – proper lethal.  If it stays dry and breezy it’ll be OK next weekend….  but that’s unlikely.

slowboydickie

Thanks Hoops.  Will keep an eye on the forecast.

hyper_real

Been an annoying year for the SDW – my goal was to do the thing in 2 days this summer. The few weekends where it’s been bone dry, I wasn’t free. I had a go one weekend but bailed out on Sunday after a fair amount of rain and spotting  green patches around on the chalk plus an unexpected rear wheel slide. Possible that I’m being over cautious but I’ve read enough tales on here to put me off.

mrl

All good today. Did 40k with only one skid/slid moment. Claggy in the normal muddy bits. Going out for similar tomorrow so will update.

mrl

Pretty good today. Chalk descents were all fine, not full speed but no real slippery bits. It is trying to rain today though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.