Home Forums Bike Forum Scottish circular trip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scottish circular trip
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Anyone got any bright ideas for a multiday MTB trip. Some camping/bothies and maybe a campsite every other day to keep the fussy ones clean and the wimpy little dears phones charged. A bit of pushing is fine but maybe not all day. Lets say a weeks worth or at least bits of. Lairig Ghru would be a nice focal point. Late May time.
    Where have you been?

dknwhy

I’d say a few days in the Cairngorms would fit the bill. Could look at doing the Cairngorms loop? I did the outer loop over 2 1/2 days on my singlespeed with camping gear.

kcal

coast to coast off road. Ardnamurchan lighthouse to Montrose beach.
    Several route options available.

Several high passes, not too much pushing, B&Bs / campsites available as well as bothies &c.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

There’s a campsite on Loch Morlich. There’s a variety of trails on the doorstep, and the north end of the Lairig Ghru is a couple of easily doable miles away. Up to where the Sinclair Bothy used to be from the campsite and back would be a decent enough day with wild forest and out into the mountains. PLUS, there’s a canoe/kayak hire place n the loch and the river that runs into the loch just next to the hire place looks like it needs exploring.
    EDIT – I’ve never heard of the Cairnmgorm Loop, but that looks good, bothies at Choie Etchacan and Corrour FWIW

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dragging my mates to the slum that is Corrour could be fun. 😆
    It’s for a 50th birthday celebration and needs to have “label” on it. Eg last year for my 50th we did the Outer Hebidies. The label got peoples attention and a few signed up to do it with me.
    Coast to coast sounds good. Ta

dunmail
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scottish circular trip’ is closed to new replies.