Home Forums News Scott Ransom: The Super Trail Bike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Scott Ransom: The Super Trail Bike
    Ben_Haworth

There’s a lot going on with the new Scott Ransom. But in a nutshell it is a mountain bike with 170mm of travel, progressive geometry, and a 6-bar rear …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Scott Ransom: The Super Trail Bike

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ll get in before the haters – I own a Spark and I can honestly say, the hidden shock and cables have really not been an issue. The shock stays clean and happy but is as easy to adjust as on any other bike (it takes 3 seconds to remove the cover) and the through the headset cable routing has actually been easier to manage than most internal cable routing systems – you have such a massive hole to thread the cables through (an entire 1.5″ headset sized hole, compared to a 4mm cable sized hole) that it’s straightforward to recable the bike. The extra time spent dropping the fork is saved by not faffing about with miniscule cable ports.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sort of surprised the top end models aren’t using Live Valve to do away with that left hand lever fest

SirHC

Have they actually bothered to add any weather sealing to the pivots?  Every Spark, Genius and Ransom I’ve worked on had no sealing at all, so the bearings had a pretty miserable time.

Frame hardware on the above were all made of cheese too, so most main pivot axles were drilled out, as the torx would strip out.

sharkattack

Everything I hate about modern bikes in one expensive, easy to avoid package. Thanks again Scott, you nail it every time.

chakaping

When you want people to think your ebike battery has run out.

BearBack
    Free Member

Are the stw Servers running really slow?

It’s a 2024 model year bike in holdover for 2025.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In previous years a 170mm bike would be purely an enduro bike. Possibly a bikepark bike. We’d say that the new Scott Ransom can definitely still be pressed into enduro race duties. But it’s rather too, shall we say, ‘sophisticated’ to be a bikepark shredder. Yet we principally think it behaves perfectly well as a trail bike. Dare we say ‘all mountain’ bike?

Or maybe Super Trail bike?

Cool, thats made it crystal clear then.

chakaping

Cool, thats made it crystal clear then.

Haha, “all-mountain” would have been fine. Or we used to call them “long-legged trail bikes”. Not usually a compliment.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We definitely need more sub-genres for what is a “mountain bike”.

Speeder

I like the idea and it looks great but not being able to change the bars is a definite deal breaker and damn it’s expensive!

munrobiker
    Free Member

You can run other handlebars – You need a new headset cover which is £15 then you run whatever you like.

alan1977
    Free Member

So, is it a crossduro or uptrail bike?

matt_outandabout

Looks like an ebike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.