Home Forums Bike Forum Schwinn cruiser – whats it worth?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Schwinn cruiser – whats it worth?
  • Acnescar
    Free Member

A very good biking buddy is having trouble convincing his considerably better half of the N+1 theory and before he can augment his collection he needs to make space in his garage. He has a gorgeous (until you peddle it up hill) schwinn cruiser that was a 30th present from our extended group of friends. I’ve got the task of listing it on ebay – pinkbike etc to get it shifted for him so what do the bike geeks here think would be a realistic price before I put it in the classified section?

His words not mine:-

The fantastic bike is a Schwinn Classic Cruiser Deluxe 7. A real head turner and despite being 10 years old, the bike in fantastic condition. It’s always lived in the garage and has never gone out on a wet day.

Some of the highlights are:

– Superb good looks

– Effective front suspension

– Shimano Nexus 7 speed gear/hub brake combo

– Pedal Back Break (Front caliper brake also supplied for UK market, but it’s not currently fitted. I’ll fit if required)

– Classic Schwinn White Wall Balloon Tyres

– Lots of sparkling chrome

– Fat chrome mudguards

– Rear luggage rack

– Electric Light on front Mudguard

– Electric horn in central tank – not currently working.

– Kick stand

– Chain guard

check it out on Bikepedia

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Schwinn&Model=Cruiser+Deluxe+Seven&Type=bike

I’ll get photos showing its “as new” condition before I offer it up

Thanks

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

worth more than you’ll get for it, especially at this time of year. It’s a summer bike and summer just finished a few days ago, good luck.
    Schwinns are the only cruiser that uk peeps recognise as classic USA cruisers, so that’s a plus, but at this time of year I just don’t think it will get it’s true value. Best to list it at what price you want, rather than starting at 99p.

Davesport

Probably not a lot ! I found two in a skip near Loch Arkaig. One green one chrome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Schwinn cruiser – whats it worth?’ is closed to new replies.