Home Forums Bike Forum Salsa bikes in the UK

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Salsa bikes in the UK
  • leonidbrezhnev
    Free Member

I’ve been looking to replace my Salsa Warbird frame with a new one, but there seems to be almost no stock of Salsa bikes in the UK (or Europe…). Does anyone in the bike-biz know what’s going on?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

There are a few on offer here https://www.lyonequipment.com/all-road

garlando

Just got one through trailhead cycles

Really helpful guys

trail_rat
    Free Member

They have been going through their frames releasing updates/tweeks to many this year.

The importer just did a big clear out sale.

Last month you could have bagged a bargain.

cerrado-tu-ruido
    kelvin

Are there not lots of frames left unfinished in Taiwan…? Or was that Surly? Or was it both?

jfab

Woods Cyclery in Lyndhurst also stocks these (and presumably therefore has an account with the distributor if you want something they don’t have currently).

There was a big sale on them on Biketart in the last couple of weeks, some of them were half price or better which is quite unusual normally but given the general bike industry status at the moment perhaps not. I don’t have any information on whether there are any deeper issues though, so can’t speculate on that one!

johnnystorm

I think Biketart were just mirroring what Lyon have in stock.

I’d hazard a guess that Salsa are about to disappear from the UK market again based on the fire sale at Lyon.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Lyon have dropped Salsa and Bombtrack so what they have is all that’s left. A mate of mine rides for Salsa and has started getting the bikes direct from the US rather than Lyon as a result.

mocha
    Free Member

guess that Salsa are about to disappear from the UK market again based on the fire sale at Lyon

yes, no and watch this space a bit. Still available from the US through a couple of dealers in the UK that have accounts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes, no and watch this space a bit. Still available from the US through a couple of dealers in the UK that have accounts

Back to how it was when Raleigh had the account.

Go to the Indy’s doing the importing form the us – you were more likely to get what you wanted.

Long as I can still get hangers for the 3 salsas we have in the house :)

mocha
    Free Member

Long as I can still get hangers for the 3 salsas we have in the house

Hope one of those isnt a v2 Cutthroat… no US or UK stock atm :o(

trail_rat
    Free Member

1 is indeed a V2 cutty Aftermarkets make one that’s suitable.  I have one on the shelf

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.