Viewing 21 posts - 3,041 through 3,061 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, shoulda been. Only mitigation is that the Welsh fella was in a seated position when he was hit. But tackler has to take more care than that!

anagallis_arvensis

Seated? He wasnt in the **** crowd!!

DezB
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

Well he could have tried jumping to catch and not bending his legs on landing but that would have injured him too.

DezB
    Free Member

I have no idea wtf you’re arguing with. Can you explain? Or maybe read my post again and understand it better? –
    Yeah, shoulda been ie . in reply to “Red all day long.” yeah?

Only (got that bit?) mitigation is that the Welsh fella was in a seated position when he was hit. But tackler has to take more care than that!

But yeah, thanks for reminding me why I avoid this thread.

anagallis_arvensis

thanks for reminding me why I avoid this thread.

You’re welcome, bye x

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

4 week ban.

anagallis_arvensis

Bit harsh I didnt use any rude words!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😂

anagallis_arvensis

Still here. Anyway yes…deserved.

I see Fat Basta is not in French squad for World Cup nor Teddy Thomas and Para.

Hartley to miss out too and Marler may return.

anagallis_arvensis

Gatland to Chiefs

Spud

Hope he has a a long lens for watching and selecting his Lions squad, or perhaps his coaching team presumably based in these Isles will be doing the Lions (see what I did there – groan) share of that..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AWJ staying with the Spreys.

Woop woop!

anagallis_arvensis

Fiji, who are in Wales group, looking good.

tjagain

Gonna need a hefty dose of Gatlandball to bore the fijians into defeat 😉

tjagain

I have been enjoying a bit of squidge rugby!

Its a pretty mixed time to identify as “scotsexual”

anagallis_arvensis

Gonna need a hefty dose of Gatlandball to bore the fijians into defeat

The Maori All Blacks slow linespeed and dog legged defence is certainly different from how Wales do it!!

tjagain

So how are we all feeling about our WC chances?

Scotland:
    Front row – plenty of guys able to do a job. Z Fagerson could really shine IMO
    We need second rows with “bite” – bring back Nathan Hines! Some very good second rows available – so much that big Ritchie is not going to Japan but none of them are proper hard men.
    Back row – missing a big power runner apart from maybe Bradbury but he is very inexperienced. Pick our 3 best / most experienced and we look underpowered. Watson is a great guy but probably the smallest forward in a top tier team. Barcley playing well but lost a bit of speed. Wilson seems to be Toonies no 8 but again not the biggest and could have a fight in an empty room. some difficult choices to be made in the back row to get a balanced side

Half backs – again some big decisions to be made. Laidlaw – we seem to play better when he is on the pitch but he is no way the best 9 we have. G Horne is a fantastic player but again inexperienced. Price is back playng well but falls between the two.
    Russell – what else can you say? 80% the best attacking 10 on the planet 20% a numpty who costs you points. A key player. His backup is Adam Hastings who suffered a big dip in form but showing some good skills towards the end of the season!

Centres- a mix of broken and getting back to fitness, mercurial who drift in and out of games and Peter Horne – the enigma who barely looks good enough to play pro 12 but seems like laidlaw to make others play better and also capable of some great stuff.

Back 3 – players to match anyone in the world – Hogg, Kinghorn, Graham, Maitland, Seymour. Experience or talent – who do you pick? Seymour never lets you down but Graham – what a player he is.

q/f for us I think – but even getting there will be tricky with the game against Japan being critical – Japan get 12 days to prepare for it – Scotland get 4! and there is no doubt Japan will be targetting that game like they did against SA in the last WC
    If everything runs to form the Scotland get NZ in the QF. I don’t see us getting any further.

finnally – whats going on with the names? Too many folk with Surnames for first names or just daft names.

Blair Kinghorn? WTF. Darcy Graham? Stafford McDowell. Zander Fagerson? Finn Russell? Who named these guys!

tjagain

I forgot Marcus Bradbury!

anagallis_arvensis

Wales should do ok if we can stay relatively injury free. Wont win it, semi final would be a fantastic result.

Kryton57

edit : Bin Dun.

Viewing 21 posts - 3,041 through 3,061 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.