Rugby Thread 2018/19

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • Premier Icon El Vino
    Subscriber

Robin McBride to coach Leinster forwards – they have a pretty serious coaching ticket now with Lancaster and Comptoponi, overseen by Leo Cullen

mindmap3

Brand H has announced his retirement today. He’s been a good servant and whilst not the most talented player, he always gave his all and was very good when we toured Australia in 2016. He’s managed a whopping four games for Saints this season.

Worcester remain inconsistent;after a great performance against Gloucester, they got pumped by Saints at the weekend. Wasps are still shit too.

Will be interesting to see how Sarries ar after the euro final next week and how it will impact on their last few games of the prem.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

So Cips gets RPA.

Yet, still no England call up. 😀

Very pleased to see Jeff Hassler signing for Seattle Seawolves in the US MLR. A player who deserves a good run of it!

Some good players going to that league at the moment.

Gatland for Lions, TJ will be livid!!!

Gatland for Lions

Has he dropped BOD yet?

Has he dropped BOD yet?

Yep and not picked Fin Russell or Hamish Watson for the squad!

loum

Leinster v sarries live on Ch 4 ,
    For out those that didn’t know.
    KO 5pm

Sarries hitting form at the right time, Leinster losing out a bit by having their p14 conference done by Christmas.
    Need to raise their game, but it’s still possible. Will more likely be brutal than pretty.
    Biggest game of the season IMO
    Sob’s last game too

Or there’s the 2021 lions tour to discuss if you’re Welsh. 😉

BruceWee

Been a while since there’s been a team I’ve disliked so much I’d support South Africa.

Tom B

Is today a day where Farrell is a ‘limited 10’ or not?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

That was a pass worthy of Cipriani 😉

Red surely!

Looking at wrong bloke wasnt the happy clapper!

Tom B

Sarries are some team! Can’t see anyone beating them in the prem semi and final.

How frigging good is Liam Williams?!

Very, TJ will have a melt down when Gatland picks him for the first test over Hogg!!

mindmap3

I really enjoyed the game yesterday; huge commitment from both teams. When Sarries were ten nil down after 30 odd minutes I thought they’d blown it. Fair play to them for not loosing their heads and finding a way to win.bad news was injuries to Mako and Billy (who had a very good game).

Hard to see Exeter beating them in the prem final (I’m sure they’ll make it) but their form isn’t what it was. Securing their place in the knock out rounds so early hasn’t helped them.

Has it been confirmed that Edwards is 100% off to France?

Premier Icon Spud
    Subscriber

Was some game, lots of very unhappy (and absolutely battered) Leinster fans in the stadium. Best team won, it summed up Leinster’s day for me when McGrath didn’t kick it dead at half time. They’d might have held on for longer if so. Sarries defensive line was fantastic, Leinster having little room to run into.

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Sarries really are relentless, aren’t they?

tjagain

Gatland for Lions, TJ will be livid!!!

Justy dissapointed. Thats the end of the lions as a “british” entity IMO

Very, TJ will have a melt down when Gatland picks him for the first test over Hogg!!

Actually I wouldn’t as Williams is a great player in a great run of form. I’d say Hogg has more credit in the bank but Williams may just be in better form right now. Still an utter git tho that one would never tire of slapping!

Still an utter git tho that one would never tire of slapping!

More than Hogg?

5plusn8

Gatland is the best man for the Lions, he has been quite successful and seems pretty astute.

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Sheesh, an all Irish referring team for Glasgow’s semi final with Ulster,I am sure that they will be fair but it smacks of poor planning. I mean;we could have got a Welsh ref as we have known since Christmas that they weren’t going to have any conflict of interest during the finals.

Scamper

Looks like some ding dong matches in the Premiership today.

I wouldn’t bet against Glaws pulling something off this season on a nice warm early summer’s day.

Oh, and well played Sarries last weekend.

Sheesh, an all Irish referring team for Glasgow’s semi final with Ulster

Didn’t seem to hold them back!!

Stoner

huge points totals today.
    highlights are going to be good.

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber
    BruceWee

What a massive massive **** ****.

What a knob end, very close to doing a Folau imo. Someone high up needs to have a word with the stupid ****.

Premier Icon Spud
    Subscriber

What an arse!

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Did anyone watch the Ospreys v Scarlets game? I was describing the yellow card and subsequent try to a colleague ( also an Ospreys supporter, in theory) who didn’t see it and I want to gauge how one-sided my view was. 😀 Imo Dirksen was in a realistic position to catch the ball, until McNichol jumped on him, and also didn’t pull JM down – they only tangled arms as they hit the ground. And the Scarlets 6 deliberately blocked Tipuric in the try – he was ahead of the pass and collided with a defender. I’m interested to know what other think. (Partly because the Scarlets were only in this game because of those decisions, and the ref was otherwise pretty biased towards the Ospreys, I thought.)

Only saw bits of hit but thought it was harsh on Dirkson, having said that he did grab JM as they were falling and well after the ball had been lost. Didnt see the try, got bored and switched off. Wales are **** next season without Gatwards

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Brilliant final.
    Played Sarries
    Oops sorry, thought this was a rugby thread 😂

Wales beat New Zealand in the u20s earlier.

Anyone see the horror tackle from NZ that was inexplicably only a yellow.

Premier Icon burko73
    Subscriber

no – read about it on twitter. not seen it. got a link?

Is it yellow because he takes the ball and then dips his knees? The NZ player was pretty much always borderline on height but the unintentional dip happens when he’s committed.
    He the knees not bent probably a red.

Tom B

I turned that game on with about 10 minutes to go. Why was the replacement Wales hooker wearing number 27 on his shirt?

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

They have big squads and almost unlimited subs, so probably cos of that.
    Can’t find the official rules.
    Good to see NZ playing off for 7th place below England and Wales. Makes a nice change.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 3,061 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.