Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

Seems to be business as usual in the Prem so far – Exeter winning well with the game around retaining possession, Sarries doing what they need to. Quins got off to a better start than last season. Bath were bloody terrible on Friday night – why anyone would coach them is beyond me, because no one seems to be able to get them to live up to the sum of their parts. Saints were pretty poor and gave away a lot of penalties.

Cips had a pretty good game for Gloucs – good pass for Sharples try.

surfer
    Free Member

Sale shipped a load of points first game and got thumped so yes BAU…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

O’Connor binned by Leicester. Murphy takes over as interim.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Tigers mistiming their time to swap coaches. They’d probably have been best to write this season off and fins someone post WC. I can’t see many good coaches being available this side of the tournament.

He’s not had the best record as a coach and comes across as a bit of a tit so losing the dressing room isn’t really a surprise. Tigers need to take their time with their next appointment; find the right person rather than an ex-player.

tinybits
    Free Member

Leicester tigers sack their head coach 48hrs into the season. Is that a record?

thank fudge for that. O’Connor was crap at Leicester, then Leinster then Queensland then back at Leicester again. Christ knows how he gets jobs but I hope he turns up in NZ next to ruin a few players and level the playing field a bit!

Stoner
    Free Member

Pocock out of SA game with knackered neck.

He’ll be for another one for early retirement I reckon…

So, sofa refs, is there a law change required to protect the jackaller/defender? Is it just a matter of getting refs to be much stricter on law 15.7, reducing the energy of the clearout?

A player must bind onto a team-mate or an opposition player. The bind must precede or be simultaneous with contact with any other part of the body.

The neck roll already is supposed to be a min yellow under the reckless tackle sanctions but even Mr Barnes missed the Pocock roll.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Where’s TJ?

embra 23-6 up in Belfast and Ulster made the best comeback I have ever seen winning 30-29. Gilroy s try was a cracker. Best atmosphere I’ve experienced at Ravenhill for a few years.

anagallis_arvensis

Sounds good. I was a bit disappointed with Ulster last week they usually play some good stuff but last week seemed to be team ireland one out keep ball.

Very strong Leinster team at Scarlets today 😟

Pigface
    Free Member

Friends have won tickets to AB’s Argentina the pictures they are putting on FB are interesting

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Great win for Chiefs – epic game!

tjagain

Bindmelon – hiding behind the sofa!  Looks like the trials and tribulations of being and Edinburgh fan  continues in style

anagallis_arvensis

Really good game Scarlets v Leinster. Thought Leinster would nick it at the end again but Scarlets hung on…everyone injured though 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys win again but have to wonder how long the South African teams are going to last.

anagallis_arvensis

Problem is the SA teams in Pro14 are just a shop window. Being positive though the games I’ve seen have been pretty good.

Another try for North I see, hopefully the kryptonite he left in Northampton doesnt affect Biggar!

anagallis_arvensis

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another angle here…

FatMat Bastardo should be in a lot of trouble for this.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys B humped by Daecys men.

Glos second half sees off Bristol

interesting in NZ

Caher

Watching, RSA looking good so far…

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow didn’t expect that result

WillH

Crikey, the ABs – SA game was a cracker. You wouldn’t think Barrett was worth umpteen million based on tonight’s performance. The post-match commentary here in NZ was typically one-sided, praising the SA defence against the mighty AB offence, rather than acknowledging the fact that they looked pretty handy at the other end.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Didn’t see the game – just followed on twitter. Sounded amazing. These Autumn tests v England, Scotland and Wales just got a bit more interesting. Owens was getting a lot of grief on twitter – justified?

WillH

I thought Owens was pretty solid, although the last pass on one of the early SA tries looked suspiciously forward. I think the ABs weren’t too worried to be behind at 60 minutes, that’s when the boks normally tire and the ABs step up a gear. SA pulled an extra 20 mins from somewhere, they just didn’t let up for the full 80.

NZ will be wishing they’d given it to McKenzie for a drop attempt in the dying seconds though, was the obvious choice given how many handling errors the boks’ defence had forced.

Looks interesting across the ditch too, Argentina on with an excellent chance here.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys B humped by Daecys men.

Yeah, Ospreys threw the game really.

IdleJon

The Ospreys team selection was ridiculously poor.

As an aside, I’m not sure if Premier Sports is included in my TV package or not – I keep getting a pop-up saying to subscribe if not already done, as the month free will finish soon. Nothing so far in the Pro14 is making me think of subscribing. Possibly the first season in my life where I won’t watch Welsh rugby. 🤔

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spreys put out a dire team, but Munster were really rather good!

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe, just maybe, SA will now have learnt who to start at 10.

DezB
    Free Member

and England have got SA and NZ next… blimey, I’d be worried if they were facing the Argies, the way they’ve been playing!

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets tried really hard to lose to 14 man Treviso but failed!

IdleJon

and England have got SA and NZ next… blimey, I’d be worried if they were facing the Argies, the way they’ve been playing!

Theyll be fine against SA if they score plenty of tries in the first 20 minutes. It seems to take SA that long to remember to defend. And stop NZ from scoring three tries around half time and you’ve won that match. Easy! 😁

DezB
    Free Member

Funnily enough, my post was more from the point of view of how good Argentina are at the moment. And I typed it before I knew the Australia result! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

The new Matthew Morgan!

onehundredthidiot

Just watching tigers wasps unsure about the basset try at 15mins. No problems with the try but surely he was tackled in the air.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wasps (and the AP) need to sort their defence out big time. Everyone is raving about the number of tries being scored but there’s been some truly woeful defence.

The red card in the Tigers game was harsh. Correct by the letter of the law but didn’t really take into account stuff like Taylor ducking etc. Tigers in all fairness have looked a different team since O’Conner was given his P45.

Stoner
    Free Member

cole should have had yellow for his late hit.

Ref had nowhere to go with Spencer’s red, and whilst wasp might have ducked *a bit* spencer was never anything but upright all the way through the tackle. No one would accuse the big gentle love muffin of doing anything malicious but, as they say, the game has changed and you just have to approach the tackle differently despite what the big ol rufty tufty hulks like Genge have to say on it.

AT least tigers look like they want to win a game or two this season…

And we’re not talking about Wuss for a little bit longer. We’ll take a few decent losing bonuses, but its not good enough really.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Away from the top tiers…

I played my first ever (well apart from a little bit at school) game of rugby at the weekend….. Aged 43 !

Have been training with a local team over the summer and came on at half time to play the second half.

Did alright …. I’m unsurprisingly stuck out on the wing but made an early tackle (to get that monkey off my back) took the ball into contact a couple of times and would have had a couple of tries, if not for greedy centres 🙂 …  But my best bit of play came from catching a 22 dropout that didn’t make touch. Took the high ball well under pressure, fought to kept out of touch, made the ball available and think we scored off that…. to be fair at that stage we were scoring with pretty much every possession….. Mavericks 2nd XV 69 …. Rochford iV 7

Couple of pints after …. Loved it…. The only down side…… we don’t have a game this week.

Stoner
    Free Member

good stuff Ro5ey

Can you move today?

Ive missed most of our touch rugby sessions this summer, back on the pitch on Thursday night though, cant wait. Coaching 11yr olds at the club and at the local high school at the moment. Great fun.

BTW Any brizzolians want to come and watch Wuss ream the bears at Sixways on 7th Oct? I can get some discounted tickets £21 adult/£10 child.

duckman

Oh…Are Wuss signing an entire new team between now and the start of October then?

Stoner
    Free Member

arf arf arf.

*thrrrrprppppp*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🐻

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.