Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • duckman

Good to see Billy V sharing his 2p on free speech,religion and reproductive biology. He isn’t very smart, is he? Also he is Welsh so obviously cursed by God from birth.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good to see Billy V sharing his 2p on free speech,religion and reproductive biology.

Yeah, shame on him for believing in God.

He should have his England contract torn up immediately.

5plusn8
    Free Member

What is hilarious is that it is our missionaries that indoctrinated the pacific islands with all the God crap, and now we can’t even cope with the results.

duckman

Not really the point I was making NMB,but you knew that. Also,where did I say he should be sacked as well?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

You didn’t Duckman.

I’m merely satyrizing the pervading public attitude.

Scamper
    Free Member

Seems I missed a good one Kingsholm?! Get their first choice back 3 fit and I’m almost semi confident of a Twickers visit on this form.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Great performance by Wuss yesterday, taking five points against Sale and easing their relegation fears. Adams was bloody brilliant, scoring a hat trick. He’ll be a massive loss next season.

Bristol beating Sarries was a surprise. Billy V was booed when he came off the bench. I was kind of hoping that Falcons would beat Tigers even though it would have helped pressure on Wuss. Gloucester have definitely found a backbone this season with another good result.

Big result for Glasgow hammering Leinster yesterday.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sale are so bloody frustrating. Last 3 league games, we’ve beaten the third placed team comfortably and got smashed by the bottom 2 ffs!

Bath v Glaws was a great game.

Scamper
    Free Member

You mean 4th placed team Tom? Sale are the new Gloucester.

Looking at the fixtures I’m just wondering if Glaws have an outside chance of catching Sarries.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sorry 4th placed yeah!

I can’t see you catching Sarries. As you say though, get some of your first choice backs fit, I could see you beating them in the semi. I heard some the other day saying that Cips doesn’t like playing on artificial pitches though?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I watched the Gloucester Bath game last night; how did Bath balls that up having been so dominant in the first 30 minutes. Burns looked brilliant in those first minutes too. Gloucester really have developed a backbone this season. Cips has signed again for them which is good and Slater has proved to be a good old workhorse for them.

Hell of a result for Wasps yesterday too given how they usually struggle against Exeter and have never won down there.,

anagallis_arvensis

For TJ

And in other news Anscombe is off to Ospreys.

mindmap3
    Free Member

More importantly AA, there are rumours that Edwards is to remain in the Welsh coaching set up; it’s been confirmed that he’s 100% not joining Wigan after the WC and is remaining in union.

tjagain

AA – this is my new man crush. Jonny is dead to me now
    [/img]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Judgement Day, then?

Scabs to hammer Dregs.

Spreys will flatter to deceive and lose in the last 20 minutes.

Kryton57

Watson back with Bath at 15 tonight, could be good timing…

IdleJon

Spreys will flatter to deceive and lose in the last 20 minutes.

I’m praying that Cardiff get a last minute penalty to win the game, and Anscombe has to step up..

mindmap3
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the Bath fans who traveled to Sale last night for what was probably the worst game of the season. Awful by both sides; Priestland had a mare when he came on. BT definitely chose the wrong game to show on TV.

Falcons edge close to the drop after loosing to Saints.

IdleJon

Priestland had a mare when he came on.

It’s easier to mention when he doesn’t have a mare.

anagallis_arvensis

Cracking match Scarlets v dregs shame about result!!!

dove1

A marvellous win for the Dragons.
    Pity they waited until the last game of the season to play properly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anscombe is playing annoyingly well!

Then again, Dan Evans on the counter is a joy.

Good game so far! Dregs v Scabs was, too.

anagallis_arvensis

Anscombe is playing annoyingly well!

Until!!!

That first Blues try was awesome!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right team won!

😁

gordimhor

It’s been a long wait but thanks for that Glasgow Warriors. Mr Cockerill needs to change his tune a bit. Edinburgh have improved under his regime but they’re still out.

peteimpreza

Squeaky bum time at Sixways , Worcester giving Gloucester a good game

peteimpreza

Go Warriors!! Relegation avoided.

anagallis_arvensis

Pleased for Worcester, my favourite English team!!! Can Tiggers still be relegated….please….

anagallis_arvensis

Anscombes try from yesterday.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Fantastic result for Worcester today who played some good rugby. Hougaard was an absolute pain in the bum defensively. I didn’t give them much hope really given how well Gloucester have played this season.

tjagain

So how is Duncan “meatball” Weir doing? Getting enough form to be considered for Scotland again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FatMattBastardo is off to NY after the world cup.

Just imagine how massive he’s going to be on a NY diet!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m no huge Weir fan TJ but I think all season he’s been going well. Wuss game was the only one I saw this weekend….his kicking from hand wasn’t very good, few out on the full etc (very windy though) but ball in hand he was great.

tjagain

Ta

peteimpreza

His place kicking has been very good especially some very high pressure ones at the death of a few games to save the day.

tjagain

I just watched the 2000 calcutta cup match ( off work sick). It was almost a different game., Scrums so much quicker and no collapses but rucks and mauls were just a mess and several key decisions were wrong which wouldn’t happen now with TMO

Very much less organised off first phase ball – hardly any dummy runners and no loops or set piece moves.

Still enjoyed it tho

Kryton57

You might take the time to have a look and England Rugby’s Instagram feed.  Yesterday they posted an “ask Eddie” pic of Mr Jones.  The subsequent gazillions of questions, dominated on the subject of a recent RPA nominee that has been starring at 10, are almost as funny as the Amazon hair removal cream reviews.

It certainly cheered me up, and allude to the baying inclusion of Cips and Goode to the RWC team.

I bet they wished they hadn’t asked…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

the baying inclusion of Cips and Goode to the RWC team

Goode is simply far too slow to play fullback in international rugby.

If you look at various tries conceded by Sarries over the years, there are many where he gets easily burnt off and many more where he doesn’t even get anywhere near the ball carrier due to his glacial speed.

He’s been a great club player, no doubt, and might have done a job at 10 or 12 for England but line him up anywhere he’d be exposed to a bit of pace and he’d be exploited every time.

tinybits
    Free Member

Agree about Goode, with a bit more pace he’d be astonishing. He’s very good at club level but just not quite there as an international.

In other news, my lad met NotToby Faletua at school yesterday. When asked if he liked Bath or Wales he replied ‘no, I like Leicester and England and Johnny May!’ He’s 5. LOVE Him!

anagallis_arvensis

Edwards not staying with Wales 🙁
    Dean Ryan next to try the impossible and coach tge dregs

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.