Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • alpin
    Free Member

Didn’t Scotland trounce England last year, too?

Was sitting in a bar in Finale with a couple of mates thinking we would watch Scotland get beat.

Then the Scots went ahead and all the Italians were chanting “Scozia!” at us and the barman ending up placing a bottle of scotch on the table for us to drown our sorrows….. 😁

Tom-B
    Free Member

Absolutely bonkers!

anagallis_arvensis

Right get Jones interviewed!!

olddog

No doubt that Wales are the best side in the 6N this year

Houns

Hoots mon

gauss1777
    Free Member

Hee hee hee, does that mean Ireland would have come top if they’d have beaten Wales?

Well done Scotland

5plusn8
    Free Member

Kryton57. Just checking who looks silly?

joelowden

Great match . That’s why rugby is great 👍👍

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Well that was fun wasn’t it ?

duckman

Dear supporters of the England; now I realise I am only a poor teuchter from the benighted glen, but the clever people on here were telling me how you were going to win by 20 and 30 points…

onehundredthidiot

Sorry Eddie but after that 1883? Quip you are a dick **** you.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Sorry to bang on about it but your half backs need to control the game when you’re 31-0 up rather than just give it away.

Farrell and Youngs don’t seem to possess a brain cell between them.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

@namastebuzz, agreed. In fact I thought that Farrell was poor last week and worse this. England’s anti-MoM.

imnotverygood

Well at the end of all that. Scotland stay second bottom, England 2nd top.

IdleJon

Sorry to bang on about it but your half backs need to control the game when you’re 31-0 up rather than just give it away.

I said many pages ago that England weren’t fit enough to play through the second half. You can’t expect your half backs to control the game when half your team are watching play with hands on knees after 60 minutes.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Neither side was good enough to win.

England couldn’t defend a 31 point lead. Scotland couldn’t defend a 7 point lead with 4 minutes to go.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

England 2nd top.

and demolished Ireland and France in there, should have finished today, start of the 2nd half they just started to showboat a bit, possibly the mental impact of the game being dead as for as the championship.

Still think they are well placed going into the world cup

tjagain

What was that?

I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room

BruceWee

Well at the end of all that. Scotland stay second bottom, England 2nd top

If I were an English pundit, this is about the time I’d start calling for the rules to be changed so, in the event of a draw, the team who scores the most tries wins 🙂

joelowden

Don’t think Owen Farrell should be allowed to speak on TV…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

@idlejohn I take your point but the half backs started making bad decisions a long way before the 60 minute mark. If they hadn’t, the last 20 wouldn’t have mattered.

Besides, England had enough gas in the tank to pull it back at the end.

taxi25
    Free Member

Scotland should have let them score in the corner

I was shouting at the TV for just this, penalty advatage make them try for a touchline conversion. But what a game one of the best I’ve ever watched as a neutral 😎😎😎🙂

franksinatra

Don’t think Owen Farrell should be allowed to speak on TV

He sounds like a footballer in a rugby players body.

That was sporting gold, a thrilling game of rugby

olddog

England are good when it’s going to plan but really can’t adapt.

Wales worked out the tactics England used to beat Ireland – shut them down and England couldn’t adapt. Same today – lack of on field leadership and vision.

Unless this is sorted they have no chance of beating NZ or any other top tier side on form

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyway, shall we talk about the Welsh grand slam a bit more?
    😎

joelowden

Nah…….total defensive rugby is a bit too boring for me …..😁

anagallis_arvensis

Dont worry Ruperts Jones knows what the problem is and is going to fix it!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyway, shall we talk about the Welsh grand slam a bit more?

Almost certainly, the weight of expectation will really help them in a world cup 😉

gauss1777
    Free Member

Dont worry Ruperts Jones knows what the problem is and is going to fix it!!

Hee hee 😂😂😂. He did say it would be difficult to fix and take quite some time. I’m sure he must have been thinking get a new coach 😂😂 He also said something like they should have got the extra points they threw away in the first half and put the game way – comedy gold!

Kryton57

Why AA do you have to resort to derogatory remarks – and yes I did check before posting.  That’s twice now, it’s just totally unnecessary to decide to be offensive, and as it’s ostensiby derogatory to British subjects, also racist.

just have a discussion and leave the insults out, why spoil things?

anagallis_arvensis

just have a discussion and leave the insults out

WTF are you talking about?

IdleJon

When English players celebrate a try which means a draw with a second-string Scottish side as if they’ve won the championship…

duckman

Kryton; ok when you do it though eh?

Kryton57

Kryton; ok when you do it though eh?

No. Where have I been insulting and racist?  Please feel free to point it out. And before you do, I’m not retorting to you or AA and having an argument in here for which you both have form. I would like to read about and have discussion about rugby, not have an internet argument.

taxi25
    Free Member

WTF are you talking about?

This ??????????? kryton explain.

anagallis_arvensis

No. Where have I been insulting and racist?

WTF are you on about?

anagallis_arvensis

When English players celebrate a try which means a draw with a second-string Scottish side as if they’ve won the championship…

Did you see May when he tackled Parkes into touch v Wales 😀😀😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Geez Kryton! This is rugby. A bit of piss taking is what’s meant to happen.

The Welsh are entitled to be over the moon. Everyone else except the English is entitled to laugh at England’s dramatic collapse and general inability to do anything other than play by numbers.

The Scots don’t know whether to laugh at their amazing escape or cry at their failure to hold on for the win.

Nobody is derogatory, racist or whatever. Get over it.

duckman

I have form? You seem to forget your wee anti Welsh rant that even the unmissed teamhurtmore told you to edit.Oh,I forgot; “that isn’t you anymore.” Now why not quote where AA made racist remarks as that is quite a claim, I hope you reported it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What the biggest shame of the afternoon is that England played last in the dead rubber game, I think it would have been different if they had played first and I think they did loose some focus after half time. Taking nothing away from Scotland for coming back into that and taking their chances, interceptions are good for the underdog and a stroke of luck both ways 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.