Home Forums Bike Forum Riding Snowdon, route advice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding Snowdon, route advice
  • votchy
    Free Member

Anyone got a route for riding snowdon please? Descent will be rangers path and telegraph valley (think that’s what it’s called)

Thanks

Mark

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sounds like you’ve got your route then! Up Llanberis and down the way you said. Did it on Friday. First time down Rangers. It was awesome!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

up llanberis down rangers – dont need a route – If you reach the ZIg zags in rangere syou have gine too far go back up and you will see the post fo rthe carry /push over the hill to telegraph valley.
    That is the only real navigation – assuming you remember to cross railway line and go down rangers
    Doin it this weekend if you want a guide

votchy
    Free Member

Junkyard – thanks for the offer, we are going on the 17th though.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Woop woop It’s really happening! I’ve asked the marine If he wants to come 😀

mikeclarke
    Free Member

did it from the rangers car park up the rangers then get to a post pushed bike up grassy hill side and into a saddle? Down into llanberis then back up to summit via llanberis path, what a sweet downhill the rangers is!!! Wales rocks for biking, climbing you name it..its all good

shinsplints

‘Votchy in pulling his finger out shocker’ !
    Looking forward to it. I iz putting on my stormtrooper body armour now in preparation innit.

MicArms

Forks being set to gnar +1.

lowey

Mike has it right. Unless your desperate to visit Pete’s Eats after the ride, the place to park would be Ranger Station. Ascend the zig zigs and then go down Telegraph Valley. Then climb Snowdon, brew at top then come down Ranger all the way to the station.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Easy to miss the turn off to Telegraph valley if your having fun on the rangers path.

simon1975

I uploaded it here last year:
    http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/Routes/Viewer.aspx?id=460

You’ll need to sign up to that site (free) to view it on an OS base map.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding Snowdon, route advice’ is closed to new replies.