Home Forums Bike Forum Reflective tape for rims, which to get?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reflective tape for rims, which to get?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

The 3m one is ridiculously expensive, but I can’t find any feedback on the cheaper ebay ones. Anyone care to shed some light? 🙂

sockpuppet

I bought this

Wiggle black hi-vis[/url]

About five years ago. It’s very good reflective, you hardly notice it during the day.

I’ve done three bikes so they look like Christmas trees under car head lights, and used less than half the sheet!

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, but I’m not sure how those would work… I’ve got a pair of 47mm Kris Holm 29+ rims with cutouts, so I wanted to put the reflective tape in the cutouts!

edhornby

another vote for the spoke reflectors – because they are round they cascade light shone from all angles, which is good at junctions when you’re making a turn and a car headlights shine on them and they start to take notice …

alanf
    Free Member

Have a look on ebay a motorbike rim stickers – some of those are reflective.
    They’re about £6 to cover both sides of 2 17/18″ wheels.

benp1

Reflective spokes on my commuter, with reflective tape all over it as well (plus all over my helmet)

trail_rat
    Free Member

That is
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REFLECTIVE-TAPE-ORANGE-50MM-x-10M-WEATHERPROOF-STRONG-/271481971324?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVehicleParts_SM&hash=item3f3596227c

The orange on there is the same tape , the spoke reflectors are from aldi and the band on the tire is a schwalbe winter marathon.

singlespeedstu

I’ve used the same ebay seller as TR up there ^^ to do quite a few different fat wheels.

20140420_122631 by multispeedstu[/url], on Flickr

Amanda's new wheels are half done… by multispeedstu[/url], on Flickr

2013_0616steps0021 by multispeedstu[/url], on Flickr

DSCF3092 by multispeedstu[/url], on Flickr

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I think you can get the 3M stuff by the meter as a whole roll is rather expensive.

I think the 3M is the most reflective, while the cheaper stuff will still do the job I imagine.

vixalot
    Free Member

I got the black tape 10mm wide ( black bike ) and just stuck 4 x 2″ strips on my rims both sides, put a couple of strips on the cranks and some on the frame and forks, works really well 🙂 http://www.moglo.co.uk/moglo_reflective_tape.htm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reflective tape for rims, which to get?’ is closed to new replies.