• This topic has 572 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 573 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Drac

It’s been confirmed as a miracle.

akeys001

there’s a subliminal message in there too – it says ‘ps4’ – what a day! 😉

Drac

Hahaha! Well spotted.

akeys001

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>do we know exactly when it’s playable from? apols if i missed the post explaining but if it’s released tomorrow (ok the disc didn’t arrive early) does it mean that the digital version is playable from midnight tonight? or perhaps midnight us time so could be one of 5am or 7am?</span>

Drac

Midnight local time It’s counting down on mine.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve avoided reading the reviews but the Metacritic score is 97.

The critics like it at least!

Drac

Yeah I’ve only checked out the scores. All are hitting high.

Drac

Drac

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Spoiler alert:  Actual gameplay (1) and cutscene (2).  Hard to distinguish between them!

Drac

😂

duckman

The downside of being a teuchter is that the nearest stockist doesn’t  open till 6am, and post doesn’t get here till 2pm.

daern
    Free Member

The downside of being a teuchter is that the nearest stockist doesn’t  open till 6am, and post doesn’t get here till 2pm.

100GB install….and 85GB release day patch…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what!?  Can it be played without an internet connnection?  reddit is awash with rumour!

Drac

Digital download had me on at midnight.

what!?  Can it be played without an internet connnection?

Maybe once installed.

akeys001

Digital download had me on at midnight.

dammit – lesson learnt re: digital download, how is it? praise be? am stalking the postie waiting to start my new life (sorry wife and kids, it’s been fun)…

edit: how is it? – a stupid question, you’ve gone to the other side…

tomhoward

I’ve just woken to pictures on social media of one of my riding buddies, dressed in full cowboy gear, queuing outside Game at midnight last night. His joy was some what subdued when, at 1am, he put the disk in to find he had 4 hours worth of updates to DL…

tbh I thought technology had stopped all this silliness, evidently not…

rene59
    Free Member

I downloaded it on Wednesday on Xbox, there were no updates required when I put it on this morning, it went straight into the game. No time to play it, was just checking it would be ready for this evening.

akeys001

disc just arrived (about to gloat but) 1) ps4 needed an update (5 mins) but as above 2) it says it has 3 hours to copy (not download) the data disc over – wah!!!

Drac

tbh I thought technology had stopped all this silliness, evidently not…

Technology is what allows this.

how is it? praise be? am stalking the postie waiting to start my new life (sorry wife and kids, it’s been fun

Very pretty still working my through the introduction missions.

P-Jay
    Free Member

My only surprise is how many people are surprised that it takes time to shift 100GB of data from a couple of discs to a HDD and install it into a working game.

plumber
    Free Member

my disc has just arrived at the office

jon1973
    Free Member

my one is now sitting on the door mat at home apparently.

Cougar

It’s heee-ere!

100GB install….and 85GB release day patch…

3.6GB patch on the eggsbox.

Drac

Yeah that 85Gb patch seems a bit odd as it was only 93Gb for the digital.

Drac

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve just put the disc in my Xbox. It’s a 84.24GB disc install (I wonder if I’ll have to swap discs for all of it) and a 3.63GB network patch. I was getting a 90Mbps download so it’s servers are up to it at least.

Doesnt sound bad for rural internet players.

P-Jay
    Free Member

In fact, unless it decides to drop a surprise in my lap later on, I don’t think 4Mbps is going to be any sort of hinderence because I think you’d still download the network part quicker than you’ll get the data from the disc installed.

Cougar

(I wonder if I’ll have to swap discs for all of it)

It asks for disc 2 at a smidge past 50% (which is unsurprising, a dual-layer Blu-ray disc holds 50GB).  Currently at 80% installed and it’s been going an hour, unless it’s Microsoft Progress Bar™, talk of a three hour install is excessive (unless the PS4 is a lot slower to install than the Xbox).

Cougar

… finished (and back to disc 1).  Total install time, about an hour and a quarter.  105.8GB.

dannybgoode

So do I bite the bullet and buy it then? Still undecided…

Let me know when you’ve all sunk a few hours as out of the country for a few days so in no rush to order it.

akeys001

2 lots of 40 mins ish after all on the ps4 so about the same 😉

game on…

spacemonkey

The human cost of creating and releasing RDR2 to schedule.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, not that I suspect we’ll hear much more than RS would like us to hear.

Drac

Never mind that I’ve just been mauled by a bear.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

My brand new PS4 and copy of the game is at the Post Office waiting for me to collect. Shame I’m 100 miles away and not due home until tomorrow. Aaaaaargh.

dannybgoode

Don’t know if this is a troll review on Amazon but it made me chortle – especially if they are being serious

Why is it so hard to stop killing animals and the disgusting so called sport of “hunting”, in video games? You wouldnt hunt a human, a women or a child in a video game so why animals?

A DISGUSTING GAME BY ANYONES STANDARDS.

ROCKSTAR GIVE ME A GAME THAT I CAN HUNT DOWN HUMANS IN THE WOODS FOR FOOD AND LET THE ANIMALS HAVE REVENGE, SICK TO THE BACK TEETH OF SO CALLED HUMANITY IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

THE WAY THESE SO CALLED MACHO MEN THINK THERE HARD BECAUSE THEY EAT MEAT AND HUNT ANIMALS IS HILARIOUS,

SENT GAME BACK FOR A REFUND AND GOOD RIDDNACE.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Beautiful looking game, been playing a few hours now and it still feels like I’m in the pre-game ‘learning bit’ not very open world at the moment.

Still a stunning looking game,finding the controls very clunky.

julians
    Free Member

Graphically it’s amazing ( on Xbox one X anyway), controls do feel clunky at the moment, maybe it’ll get better. It does feel a bit slow paced with a fair bit of trotting along with not much going on so far,but hopefully it’ll get better.

Been kicked off the TV for the evening,so will probably give it another go tomorrow

chomp
    Free Member

Wife is about done with tv so I will get a couple of hours into it hopefully before I’m too knackered.  Heard there’s 5 or so hours of tutorial type stuff before it properly opens up.

Had thought I’d lucked out as wfh today but hadn’t factored in half term and the kids wanting to play their silly games   Don’t they realise Dad needs to get his westworld fantasies played out??

rene59
    Free Member

It’s great they have made the same button aim your weapon and engage with strangers. Keep your weapon holstered!

Looking great on just an ordinary Xbox, must be amazing on the higher spec one.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 573 total)

The topic ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ is closed to new replies.