Red Dead Redemption 2

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 545 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Premier Icon v8ninety
    Subscriber

8hrs to load?!? That’s even longer than crystal castles took on my old acorn electron. Still, at least you don’t have to faff around with cassette tapes. Progress, huh? 😂😉

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon clubby
    Subscriber

Not buying that then. I’ve a 2mb rural connection. That would take a week of continuous download.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

8hrs to load?!? That’s even longer than crystal castles took on my old acorn electron. Still, at least you don’t have to faff around with cassette tapes. Progress, huh?

Hahaha!

Not buying that then. I’ve a 2mb rural connection. That would take a week of continuous download.

That’s the digital version but the disc version patch is probably pretty big.

rene59

I presume if you buy the game from a shop you won’t need to do this?

Flaperon

You’ll likely still have to download a big patch.

rene59

Damn, that’s a lot of downloading. They should bring back cartridges.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Those dynamic horse ballls take a lot of coding.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

“If you’ve bought the Xbox One version of the game you’re looking at a 107GB installation, while it’s a 99GB download on PS4 (as well as needing an additional 50GB of free space for the installation process itself). As far as we’re aware, that makes it the biggest PS4 game ever.

Those install sizes remain the same if you’ve got the disc versions”

Shit the bed.  I need to go on an uninstall spree.

mattyfez

I might pick it up in 3 years so it’ll be cheap and fully patched and there’s loads of mods out for it. It’s the only way to buy games these days.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

To be fair, R* are pretty good at not releasing games till they’re ready.  Something as high-profile as this isn’t likely to be a complete bugfest.

Generally I object on principle to paying full whack for games, prices are just silly.  I’ve made an exception for RDR2 though.

100gb at 10mbits – which is even less than 2 megabytes per (1.25) seconds should only take about 24 hours according to download time calculators.

It’s not going to take a week…if you are on a 2 mbit connect it will take four days though.

Still, totes doable….

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I might pick it up in 3 years so it’ll be cheap and fully patched and there’s loads of mods out for it

Rockstar pretty much bet it right straight away as they don’t rush games year after year. Because of this the prices hold near original.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Re downloading times. Just buy the disc. It’s a pretty easy workaround

P-Jay

To be fair, R* are pretty good at not releasing games till they’re ready.  Something as high-profile as this isn’t likely to be a complete bugfest.

Rockstar pretty much bet it right straight away as they don’t rush games year after year. Because of this the prices hold near original.

Yeah and it’s also the sequel to a pretty buggy game 😉

P-Jay

I’ll probably buy the disc version, mostly because it’s usually £15 cheaper.

My MO is to pick it up in the morning, slot it in the machine and leave it do it’s thing whilst I’m at work. I get 300Mbps at home, but I’ll never see that on launch day, I’ve seen it as low as 5Mbps on Xmas Day.

At my old house I got a whopping 4.5Mbps, I bought one of the Grand Tourismo games on PS3, that really was a horrible mess of a game 48 hours for day 1 patch.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Re downloading times. Just buy the disc. It’s a pretty easy workaround

The 25Gb disc will not quite hold 94Gb of data.

P-Jay

The 25Gb disc will not quite hold 94Gb of data.

XboxOne and PS4 can read dual-layer Blurays I believe, so 50GB, it’s not unusual to have multi-disc games (GTAV came on 7 discs for PC!).

So in theory they could release a 2 disc game that’ll work ‘out of the box’ without a download, not saying they will though, much smaller games have been released “internet needed”.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Stop it I’m already like a kid at Christmas.

There’s also a few seconds of leaked play out there but I’m not leaving linking to that.

pondo

Mrs Pondo’s away all next week – I wonder if she’d notice the appearence of a PS4…?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Almost certainly.  Get an Xbox instead. (-:

pondo

Hmm… * Stifles instictive disdain and goes to do some research 🙂

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Buy one PS4 that is of course.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Stifles instictive disdain and goes to do some research

In seriousness, there’s little between the two.  The advice I usually give is “get what your mates have” then you can play online together.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Just got notification from Amazon, my copy has been dispatched.

A little bit of squee just came out.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

So how many of us are sitting up tomorrow night watching the countdown timer?

plumber

my amazon notification came through – think its been on preorder for over a year

really not even that bother to be honest

I’m sure it will be amazing though

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

That’s some preorder time.

akeys001

#metoo

was faintly hoping it landed a day early – has happened before

mahalo

me too! hope it doesnt land today – gotta be up early tomorrow!!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

was faintly hoping it landed a day early – has happened before

Given it needs a download too it’s likely not to unlock until midnight anyway but you never know maybe not.

Premier Icon julians
    Subscriber

Even if it lands a day early I don’t think it will let you play it until the release date, will it?

I bought a digital copy the other day, it’s downloaded onto my Xbox now,but won’t let me play it.

akeys001

I bought a digital copy the other day, it’s downloaded onto my Xbox now,but won’t let me play it.

pesky – could still stroke the box though 😉 (fnar fnar)

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

i will pe playing it THE SECOND the kids go to bed on Friday night. 7pm my time 6pm yours. Saturday will be a right off.  sorry kids

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Reviews are appearing now it’s IGN so not always reliable and I didn’t want to spoil it by reading the full review.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 545 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.