Red Dead Redemption 2

Home Forum Chat Forum Red Dead Redemption 2

• This topic has 497 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by  Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 498 total)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Ermahgerd. That looks awesome.

Still planning to buy it and never play it. Apparently games like this are not appropriate for an 18 month old to watch. Like he’s impressionable at that age!?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

It says “18” on the box so you’ll be fine.

Just watched the trailer.  John Marston!!

Premier Icon honeybadgerx
    Subscriber

Was chatting to a bloke a few weeks ago who has been making this. Not normally  my cup of tea but sounds like they’ve been doing some interesting stuff in it so may have to check it out.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

I can’t wait for this, whilst the timing (and usual R* hype building delays) is annoying, Oct ain’t the end of the world

1) is the Boy’s birthday and he loves RDR as much as me, easy present.

2) Evening riders are loooooooong gone. Might as well have a game.

Hopefully it’ll come to PC too.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

sounds like they’ve been doing some interesting stuff

Ooh, insider knowledge?  Spill!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

More juicy tasters.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

Giddy as an 8 year old. 🙂

not long to go now!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Nope looking good.

I wonder if i’ll finish god of war by then

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

My heart does sink a bit when they talk about Online. Perhaps I’m just old, but I hated GTA online, it took a great looking world, removed all the detail and replaced it with ADHD suffering teens full of impotent rage who seemingly cant find words evil enough to express it.

As per the video, heists were meant to fix all that and actually give players something they HAD to work together on, but it only took a day or two before they just became a long-play rooftop rumble. Everyone playing at warp speed / muscle memory to complete it as quickly as possible to earn more money for the latest re-skinned car or weapon and woe betide anyone who perhaps hadn’t played through it 100 before and did something non-standard.

Still as long as the story mode is long and interesting I’ll be happy.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

RDR online was good fun, GTA V online is good fun but yes manic chaos I guess it’s just not for you.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I also never got into GTA online, quite amusing, but just utter carnage, not in a good way. Still looking forward to RDR2 though, better have a solid campaign mode. It’s got to, the first one nailed it.

gauss1777

Having been really looking forward to playing the original, I gave up after about half an hour, deciding rather hastily that it was not for me. I now have a wee urge to go back and give it another try, as I’d be keen to give the new game a go. Has anyone played the original recently? Has it aged well?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Well I’ve preordered this am and no it’s not because of this.

i finished God of War.  I may now pre order . cracking testicles those

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

I mistakenly thought it was out today.  Now I’m dissdisappoi.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Has anyone played the original recently? Has it aged well?

Not ‘last week’ recently, but yeah, it still holds its own.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I keep meaning to hook up my PS3 to play it again but don’t think I’ll bother now.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Is it not backwards compatible on the PS4 (like it is on the Xbox, ahem 🙂 )?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Nope the tight gits use PS Now for that which is subscription based although there is a handful available on PS Store, Red Dead Revolver being one. I have all but my PS1 though so it’s not an issue, that said I’ve never used any of the old ones since.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Revolver’s pretty poor.  I can see why they effectively disowned it with “RDR2” rather than RDR3.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Speaking of preorders,

Before I hit “buy now” on Amazon, where’s best to preorder from?  I’m assuming standard delivery will get it here on release day?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Revolver’s pretty poor.  I can see why they effectively disowned it with “RDR2” rather than RDR3.

Well I’m pretty sure they were clear it’s called RDR 2 as it’s the second Redemption plus it’s actually a prequel.

I ordered mine for PSN as my daughter can share the games. HMV showing the cheapest not sure how good they are for delivery for release date.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Bottom pic is celebrity cameo from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber
    rene59

This game is taking my fancy and I can get a hold of a surplus to requirements xbox one s to play it on –

Will this be worth playing on an xbox one s or will it be crap compared to xbox one x?

Does the same game play on both versions of the console or do you need to buy specific ones for each?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Same version just on an Xbox One X it’ll be 4K if you have a 4K TV.

rene59

Ta! I don’t have a 4k tv so that’s that sorted then!

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Looks incredible. I too may buy it and then never actually play it – got about 15 games in the queue at the moment – but I may wait until it’s dropped in price a bit first.

On the other hand I might just pre-order – that way it won’t get played for longer 🙂

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

If it’s anything like the last couple of Rockstar games the price drop will take a longtime, partly as they don’t release a new one every year.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Looking pretty in-depth.

This looks fantastic, gutted it’s not coming to the PC anytime soon.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

If it’s anything like the last couple of Rockstar games the price drop will take a longtime, partly as they don’t release a new one every year.

Very true. Might just bite the bullet and get it ordered…

Once you unlock the coaches or upgraded camp site it’s quick and easy to get around the map

Hope this is a feature in the new one – I realised how useful this was way too late in RDR1

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Given the mapm size is supposedly much bigger I’d hope so.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Yup it’s pretty big.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.