Home Forums Chat Forum Recommended Dash cam??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommended Dash cam??
  • ElShalimo

We had a very scary near miss with some crazy bloke on the A1M recently and then another buttock clenching moment on the M6 yesterday. Given that anything would be our word against theirs, I was thinking of getting a dashcam

Can anyone recommend one that is easy to use, easy to manage etc etc?

Caher

I got a nextbase 622GW. Fit and forget. Just runs and records.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just (half arsed) installed a Viofo a129 plus. I say installed, I’ve stuck it to the screen, updated the firmware and tried it out today but not organised the cabling, power or rear camera. Initial impression is pretty good. Seems capacitor based units are better here as the sun is brutal and lithium batteries don’t play nice when it’s 50c + direct sun.

It has park mode, f + r cameras, gps and links to an app on your phone (still working this out). Default save is 3mins and at Max settings around 600mb file size. Also has collision detection recording. Field of view is good. My first dashcam but these Viofo have a decent rep.

z1ppy

Viofa, I bought the older one A119 back in 2017, and so was happy to purchase the A229, though have yet to fit it (different mount), being a bit broken myself

mattyfez

I have a nextbase 522gw with rear camera, hard wired into the car for neatness…as above set and forget.

But they say to do a format of the SD every couple of weeks for ‘reasons’ – easy enough to do through the touchscreen on the main camera.

I dont think the picture quality is that great considering the price – it’s fine if you are in a crash, which is the main reason I bought it…but if you witness a crash, it’s not really good enough to read number plates reliably at a distance…especially in low light

beaker2135

I’ve got a Garmin DC 67W

It didn’t capture two transits passing a pack of cigs between them on the M6 but it did catch the plank who changed lanes without looking and ran straight in to the side of us last week

z1ppy

The reviewer who put me onto  Viofo camera’s… his latest update Techmoan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.