Home Forums Bike Forum Ragley Trig – max. mudguard width

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by PJay.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ragley Trig – max. mudguard width
  • PJay
    Free Member

I have a Ragley Trig gravel bike fitted with 700c wheels and Maxxis Receptor tyres. The Receptors are 700×40 which is listed at the maximum tyre width for the Trig. However there seems to be a fair bit more room in there and I think that I could get away with fitting mudguard with these tyres.

I was wondering what the widest mudguards people have been able to fit to a Trig. At a guess I’d say that a 45mm might be possible. The fly in the ointment is that I’m running a front mech. (and a band-on adapter for the braze-on mech.) which will probably tighten things a bit, although I don’t mind trimming the guards at pinch points if necessary.

Also, I was expecting mudguard mounts on the fork dropouts, but they’re not there. Looking at other bikes, it looks like the stays attach to the lower of the 3 mount points on the fork legs. Do I use the standard steel stayed guards or do I need something specific to mount in this way (carbon fork)?

rOcKeTdOg

Win-wing, put as wide a tyre as you like, no clogging and a dry backside

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My Trig came with 47mm on 27.5  , plenty of room .. not sure if that will help ?

chakaping

I have 45mm 700c tyres on mine, with a Gravelhugger on the front and Win Wing on the rear.

Are you looking at traditional fixed guards?

PJay
    Free Member

I was thinking about fixed guards & wondering whether I could fit 45mm or 50mm ones & keep the 40mm tyres. As above, the front mech might gum things up & I probably need to do a bit of measuring.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.