Home Forums Bike Forum Ragley Mmmbop (or similar) in Large

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ragley Mmmbop (or similar) in Large
  • Ioneonic

Son has outgrown his Medium Ragley Mmmbop. Keen to upgrade the frame to large and swap everything over but not seeing any large frames in silver for sale either new or 2nd hand.

Any idea where I can get one, or are there any other aluminium frames with identical geometry (ideally in silver)?

He’s not keen on a steel or carbon frame.. he really likes his current bike.

Go on the Ragley Facebook page, people always selling them. Saw a large big Al for sale earlier £700

PJay
    Free Member

There’s a used frame on ebay for £250 but I think you can make an offer too – https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116293519829

pimpingimp
    Free Member

Go to geometry geeks and compare the geo to as many similar hardtail frames as possible, then you’ll see what you can get with the same properties.
    probably won’t ride exactly the same but it’s a good starting point.

Ioneonic

Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely looking for a newer geometry (23 onwards I think) frame so will be keeping an eye out on FB and eBay. Other than the Blue Pig in steel, not much else identical that we could see.

jeffl

£275 for a Bird Zero 29 frame. Not sure how the geometry compares but available in large and silver.

Zero 29 29″ MK1.1 Hardtail Frameset NOW £275!

dogthomson

My Large Ragley Marley will be going up for sale shortly, though I’m selling as full bike as opposed to frame only. DM me if interested!

PJay
    Free Member

The frame I linked to earlier is still available on ebay and you can make an offer.

I’ve no idea if it’s comparable (it’s aluminium and looks burly), but Kinesis have their FF29 on sale, but not in silver – https://kinesisbikes.co.uk/collections/framesets/products/kinesis-frame-ff29-black

Ioneonic

Thanks @PJay but that frame is an earlier model so quite different geometry. The Mmmbop is 27.5 as well so the Kinesis is out too.

DickBarton

The issue BC has is that all events are done by local clubs/local people, so BC are absolutely reliant on keeping these ‘volunteers’ on-board.
    It really isn’t a surprise that things aren’t as smooth or as joined up as they could be when you have umpteen volunteers doing the work to get their event sorted. They have officials that will arrive once the event is sorted and ready to go, but there isn’t a central point arranging all this…grassroots really does mean the grass roots getting it all done.
    No idea how it is done in mainland Europe or elsewhere but I can see why the UK is struggling to get something sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.