Home Forums Bike Forum QE Park – Appalling Conditions

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • QE Park – Appalling Conditions
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

Certainly have Scott, really looking forward to it!

Thanks for taking the time to organise it, should be a great event!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Looks like you have the perfect sort of bike for it too. 8)

We will do a big push for the race this weekend see if we can get a bit of buzz around then event. I got a feeling it won’t take to long to sell out as there is only 150 spaces.

mattbee

Don’t push too hard then! Got to wait and see if my holiday request has been authorised before I book. It’s 3 days after my 35th birthday so hoping so. Will dig the 5 Spot out of the shed for that one, don’t think a ss hardtail will be quite suitable…

scottfitz
    Free Member

13 signed up so far, your ok for a bit matt.

smiff
    Free Member

oh aye, ’tis most pleasant in there of an afternoon

but if ye be wantin’ t’experience the glory, best get yerself there before Wednesday.

came out with less mud than i went in :o first dusty ride of 2013 for me.

Scott i’ll have to check your race it’s not the gravity enduro is it.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yes Sign up mate or do you want to marshell?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Rode there yesterday for the first time in 2 or 3 years. Chapeau to the trail builders, it’s loads better. Still slightly little damp, so just a bit draggy on some of the newer woodland sections and a few big sideways moments on the chalk but no bike cleaning required at the end. Yippee….

Yak

I got there as well early yesterday for a couple of laps. Dry, if slightly soft conditions, but riding nicely everywhere it seemed. I also crashed on snakebites, but it was definitely my error – was too low on one of the berms and caught the chalk. Next lap i went higher and all fine. :-)

Gravity enduro looks good. Fun cat for me I guess.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Fun cat is bigger than I thought so far. Should be a good entry in to the sport for everyone. Grass roots racing in the South East :)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Righty ho, resurrected for those interested in the conditions >> ” over there ” >>

I’ve just come back from a hack around and have to say its damp and a bit boggy in the undergrowth. There’s a few sections where the sun and wind are on it and its drying out nicely, but these are South Facing sections only. In the top of the woods ( parallel to the A3 on the Red Route ) it’s horrible. It’s very damps and boggy and some sections are better left alone at the mo, or walk past them. Roots are exposed and slippy, burm bottoms are claggy and gloop.
    Once up on the top of the hill it’s actually quite pleasant, dry and a bit tacky.
    The route to the Gnarr Downhilly bit is peaty bog until you hit the South Facing side where it drys up a bit. Over the top of the other hill towards the long speedy decent it’s ok, ok until you hit the burm bottoms and then it’s claggy and gloopyest.
    But, but the good thing is its drying out nicely, give it a couple of days and it’ll be back to how it was last week I recon.

Have fun, say hi as you wiz past.

Nice to see 5 folks out today :D

splashdown
    Free Member

All running well this evening. Nice and fast with only a bit of mud in the usual black spots….apart from the patches of snow!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Again I’ve resurrected this thread to give an update on conditions as of today… There seem to be a number of ” what conditions” threads of late, that just clogs up the Internet IMO. :lol:

It’s dry.

Ok, it’s tacky in places and the peaty stuff up the top in the trees is a little tacky but I mean a little. The leaves are blowing all over the place which means its drying underneath the undergrowth.
    On the clay exposed parts it’s dry. On the clay under the trees it’s a bit tacky and in some areas a bit squelchy, but not gloopyest nor slow you down sticky.
    The bottom of the A3 side is wet in the burm bottoms, but you can easily miss those bits out. (Red route)

The rest is grin tastic.

Have fun y’all.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thanks for the update :-)

Hope to pop down sunday!

james239
    Free Member

I went this morning and it’s all very dry and fast – probably the best conditions I’ve ridden in there in a long time. No mud at all, my shorts don’t even look like I’ve been out riding.

Make the most of riding there tomorrow – think there’s more rain forecast for the week so it’ll probably be sticky again next weekend.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I went a week ago and it was running nice, fast and dry.

Went yesterday and it was slippy and soft but only due to the overnight snowfall which had melted that morning, otherwise still great fun!

dantsw13

Please keep it that way for the Enduro in July!! Having seen Friston go from deaf to sketchy mud in 1 day, fingers crossed!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup I was up there this morning for an early 3 laps before the office furniture moved in :lol: as said it was dry and fast and …

Sunny.

I kid you not.

Guys, go tomorrow, it’s Ace.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Awesome, I was heading up there anyway but can’t wait now!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I will be there tomorrow, for so dusty trail action.

scottfitz
    Free Member

**** me it was 100% mud free, super dusty, fast and fun. Good time’s. Rain next week :(

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Cracking bone dry ride there today :-)

Thanks to the trail building team, ace job guys!

superfli
    Free Member

Excellent ride again today (despite broken frame!). I love my local trail centre :D

singletrackmind

Had a brilliant ride around QE this afternoon.
    It was really rather good , dry, fast and drifty.
    1st ride this year in shorts and a LS jersey and I was rather warm for most of it.

gribble
    Free Member

Absolutely top shelf riding today, dry, warms weather and lots of happy looking riders in the car park and on the trails. Even got a bit of a sweat on in the mid-morning sunshine.

I have really missed the sun.

superfli
    Free Member

Yup, 1st ride ni shorts for me too. t under long sleeve top was soaked through and winter gloves were too warm.
    It was lovely to see familys on the grass having picnics and playing, horse riders on trail above them, and cyclist on the mtb trail above that as we cycled back to carpark. Would have made a great publicity photo.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

An absolutely splendid day at QE yesterday – everything was dry and fast. The bottom of the final descent just before the berms (‘tupac’ and ‘biggie’)it now very rough… though maybe I’d just got used to it being wet, muddy and slippery.

Good to see so many riders about… not so good to see superfli’s Heckler with a crack in it.

superfli
    Free Member

Unfortunately my spy on the trails has told me conditions are a nightmare today! Greasy as hell after yesterdays rain on the dry top.
    So bad that I’m calling off my evening ride tonight as he said its not worth it :(

Glad I took advantage of the weather whilst it was good!

daveagiles
    Free Member

Conditions were great on Monday. Given what kingley vale and the surrounding area were like I would give it a few days before heading up there.

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘QE Park – Appalling Conditions’ is closed to new replies.