Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,750 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 4 hours ago by irc.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,751 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • Andy

They are actually 2.5mm spacers Nick and come with the BB. If your frame BB shell is 73mm then you fit just one on the drive side. If its 68mm then 1 NDS and 2 DS. Shimano mtb cranks need a BB spaced at 95.5mm to the outside of the BB.

Shimano MTB threaded cups are 10mm so on your 73mm frame BB shell from left to right (NDS to DS) 10+73+2.5+10=95.5mm

I would just fit the M8120 as specified with one spacer on the drive side and see how you get on

cerrado-tu-ruido

Yes, you need the 2x 3mm spacers ( they should come with the crankset) as M8120 axle is 6mm longer than the SLX M7100 axle. You might be OK with a 55mm chainline – one 3mm spacer each side or just move the 3mm DS spacer to NDS to keep your 52mm chainline but your Crankset centre will off compared to the centre of the BB.

You cannot fit the M8120 crankset without the 2x 3mm spacers as stated above.

Andy

@cerrado-tu-ruido sorry scrap that I am talking bollocks!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Cheers Andy. I am aware of the 2.5mm spacer which I currently use on the DS with my 73mmm shell but others are saying that the 3mm spacers comes in addition, one on each side, to yield a 55mm CL. I was considering putting the 2.5mm spacer on the NDS for a 52.5 CL.

Either way thanks to the 3 of you and I should probably stop the digression.

Andy

Yes sorry Nick just checked the M8120 chainset that came from CRC today. It has an axle length of 121mm as opposed to 115 for SLXm7100 and comes with 2 x 3mm spacers.
    So yes, correct, you need; BB Installed with one 2.5mm BB spacer on Ds. Chainset installed with 1 x 3mm on DS and 1 x 3mm non Ds

nickfrog
    Free Member

Yes Andy except I’ll try and test the 2.5mm BB spacer on the NDS on purpose as my chainring as loads of clearance. I do use the 2 biggest cogs quite a lot on the South Downs.

I can’t remember if there is any leeway to adjust my cleats to offset for the imbalance created.

stwhannah

25% off at Maxxis Wetscreams at Freewheel just now with offer code SCREAMY

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/maxxis-wetscream-dh-29-x-2-50-120-tpi-folding-3c-maxxgrip-tr-tyre-mxt00241500

desperatebicycle

FIST gloves on SportPursuit for £15 (+ post)
    Funky designs, as seen on Olympic BMXers. Bought my son some for Xmas. And me some for me.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Even at £65 or so with 25% off it still starts at £85. For a push bike tyre 😂.

charlie.farley

Ronhill clothing many items now around £1 (95% discount) on Wiggle

#BringBackSearchByDiscount

althepal

Keep missing these! Bah.

dyna-ti

Took the opportunity to get a couple of those Ragley bars, I mean a fiver for a decent bar is not to be sniffed at. And a set of nukeproof neuron evo pedals for a tenner.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Those Ragley bars are lovely and light. Around 300g is very decent.

bleedineck

The H.Samuel Garmin Epic 2 for £375 is back up. Dispatch confirmed today.

dyna-ti

Just bought their Down jacket which was £100(originally £250) so a fair saving and im in need of one anyway as my alpkit is rather tatty, with poorly stitched up rips.

So apparently theres an extra10′ which is either 10% off or a tenner off the price and which I applied at checkout, and was accepted, but the price has remained at £100, not £90 that you’d expect.

Receipt to paypal is also £100. So anyone know what the score is here :?

kelvin

many items now around £1 (95% discount) on Wiggle

#BringBackSearchByDiscount

If you find a £1 (or 90p) in stock item, you win a special price.

nicholas_yiu

Was looking at the £15 turbo trainer but realised it’s not thru axle compatible. So just bought lifeline rollers for £44 delivered

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/lifeline-turbo-trainer-roller-trainer-rt-01

Always wanted to try rollers, just can’t say no at that price. 

charlie.farley

IMG_1482IMG_1476IMG_1485IMG_1484IMG_1483IMG_1475

It can be frustrating, but they are there to be found

You win some, you lose some, but a special prize you say…

… Haribo ?

singletrackmind

PX bib longs on offer at £19.99 plus p&p

Ok , so they won’t be the best quality ever , but for commuting use cheap enough to keep in your locker at work if you get wet on the way in.

Planet X Clubman Roubaix Winter Bib Tights

gravedigger
    Free Member

South Downs Bikes currently have the Wahoo Kickr Move at £999, which is less than they are selling the normal Kickr v6 for and the same price Condor is selling the Kickr v6 for.
    you can always lock out the fore/aft movement if you don’t like it and just have the increased lateral movement that the Move addition provides over and above the standard feet, which means I can dump the sorbothane pads that I have always used on my v1 Kickr to provide some lateral movement.
    https://www.southdownsbikes.com/facetresultsalt.aspx?facet=wahoo/instock 

PJay
    Free Member

Garmin has up to £40 off some of its Varia line of lights & radar.

Bike GPS Computers | Bike Radars | Rear Bike Light | Garmin

chakaping

I ordered one of the £1 Ron Hill beanies, in flouro yellow.

Hopefully won’t get mistaken for The Edge when out running.

They also had some Ron Hill running shorts for £2.25 and £2.80 in stock.

And a lifeline track pump for £9 – perhaps not outrageously cheap but I need one for the van anyway.

frogstomp

SRAM GX Eagle chainset (DUB, 165mm 32T non-Boost) for £56.

SRAM SX Eagle chainset (DUB, 175mm, 30T Boost) for £22.

PJay
    Free Member

Silly prices for some Nukeproof lower headsets. The bearings are stainless steel with titanium coated races, so if you can get these to work in an existing headset, £2.99 for the bearings alone seems a steal!

Nukeproof Horizon Bottom Headset Cup | Chain Reaction (chainreactioncycles.com)

wordnumb
    Free Member

£2.99 for the bearings alone seems a steal!

I’m 95% certain that’s really helpful thanks PJay, I think the bearing dimensions work for a couple of headsets I use.

gravedigger
    Free Member

The comment says that the GX Chainset non-boost linked to above is actually Super-Boost…

nre
    Free Member

Did anyone order the bargain xt 12 speed rear mech posted up by @pobaker ??

I ordered 3 (postage was then free!), but my parcel arrived today containing 3 Shimano MT401 brake levers and nothing else…

Have raised through Amazon but wondering if others have had the same issue!

pobaker
    Free Member

I ordered 2 – they show as out for delivery today apparently with FedEx. Will let you know what is in the box when they arrive! It had better be a rear mech as mine is broken and have been waiting to fit it!!

Andy

@nre Same here. 3 ordered. Box of 3 x BL-MT401-L arrived today. Have messaged seller.

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

I ordered one mech and a single BL-mt401 lever arrived.

woodster

I’m surprised that people thought some random Amazon seller would sell current XT mechs at well below retail price, I was sure they’d either be fake or an incorrect part. Not that it makes it right, but I suppose Amazon will sort it.

nre
    Free Member

Right, sounds like we’re unlikely to get the mechs we ordered then! Through anyone other than Amazon I wouldn’t have risked it, but decided it was worth a try! Oh well, my 12spd upgrade just got a bit more pricey!

nickfrog
    Free Member

The comment says that the GX Chainset non-boost linked to above is actually Super-Boost…

It is. And to be fair it’s OK on a boost frame with the right spacers…I hope. I can let you know later this week.

goldfish24

I’m sure I’ve heard it said that the spindles can be pressed out of these. So if you have the correct length spindle from
    another chainset you might be ok.

Edit: perhaps like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqWmQNywos4&t=0s

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

Has anyone gone through the returns process for the mech yet? I’ve been given a return address in France and postage isn’t covered. I thought amazon market place returns had to be UK based addresses. Can’t find anywhere to contact amazon directly just keep going round in circles with a chat bot.

honourablegeorge

Keep asking the chatbot to talk to a person

Generally, they will give you ~£12 back in postage, and you can insist to get them to refund all of it

Pauly

Those Fist gloves are by far the worst gloves I’ve ever owned.

pobaker
    Free Member

not arrived yet, but in preparation of needing to send my ‘XT Mech’ back the following is useful:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GQ37ZCNECJKTFYQV

Looks like they need to provide a free return or you can claim a refund under an amazon guarantee:

—————————-

You wanted to return an item that you bought from an international seller but the seller didn’t provide one of the following:

A return address in the UK.

A prepaid return label if the return address wasn’t in the UK.

A full refund of the item without requesting the return of the item.

If the return request was authorized with an international return address, you must allow the seller 48 hours from the date of return request to provide one of these methods before you can request a refund under the A-to-z Guarantee.

dyna-ti

How can you tell the difference ?

I got one from Merlin cycles a bit back. in the details it has this – ” B148 Boost version.” So im reasonably confident its just the standard boost version.

But I know nowt about ‘superboost’ but its obviously different, so how can you tell :?

dyna-ti

S’ok, just googled it. superboost is 157mm.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 2,751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.