Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • gs_triumph

Screenshot_20231208_205928_Chrome

bravesirrobin

@edward2000

I bought these a few weeks back; they cost me £210 + £64 VAT and duty; they are intended for light weight eMTBs (but I suspect would work equally well on a full fat bike)….  https://www.bike-discount.de/en/dt-swiss-hx-1700-ls-29-30mm-boost-shimano-micro-spline-laufradsatz

didnthurt

@13thfloormonk

Those Pearson jackets are nicely understated but is that a red rose on the sleeve? You might be mistaken for an England rugby fan 😜

dyna-ti

Floor pump.

I’d forgotten i need one. Not that mine is totally kaput, but the gauge doesnt work and well you know.
    ..nips off to spend yet more money

Northwind

Those sram/raceface wheels are a decent buy at that price but they weren’t really worth the RRP, the Arc rims are fragile for the weight and the hubs are just OK. But even so, complete working wheels for buttons

sixtoes

Can the SRAM/Raceface rear wheel be adapted to QR by changing end caps? I don’t think it can, but I get confused by the different standards, figured it’s worth checking.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The carbon Vitus escarpe frames are now 600. 

gs_triumph

sixtoesFull MemberCan the SRAM/Raceface rear wheel be adapted to QR by changing end caps? I don’t think it can, but I get confused by the different standards, figured it’s worth checking.

I doubt it as they are boost hubs so they are wider bodied.

jonnyboi
    munkyboy
    Free Member

I have the sram mth / arc wheels from a base Santa Cruz build a few years ago. I did a bit of research on them and the hubs are described by many as disposable in terms of longevity and are hard/ impossible to adapt to many standards. Expecting to get 6 months out of them I relegated them to a hardtail build where oddly they have been utterly faultless for two years in all conditions/abuse. That said for £80 I now have a spare set

cogglepin

Anyone seen any decent 27.5 wheelsets in the sales?

markgoldstein
    Free Member

This or a Reactor for £900?

wait4me

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/mens-classic-gore-tex-winter-jacket/product/SJK12XXFHB

Rapha goretex jacket half price with code WINTER popped up in my email this morning.

Don’t have one and probably can’t justify another jacket, but looks like a pretty good deal for someone.

Rich_s

Nerf Elite 2.0 Echo CS-10 Dart Blaster, 24 Nerf Elite Darts, 10-Dart Clip, Outdoor Toys Kids https://amzn.eu/d/4jwImqU

68% off Nerf gun!

paulwf

I think most of these were all sold off cheaply in the past – I have been looking as well

alan1977
    Free Member

in case you haven’t seen them, the vitus mach range is insane priced

just grabbed their mach 3 double ring bike to be my commuter, apparently i’m a small on these so can always curly bar it if needed

my nipper has the single speed which is now 130 quid.. bonkers pricing

jonnyboi
    markgoldstein
    Free Member

my nipper has the single speed which is now 130 quid.. bonkers pricing

I’ve also been watching these, would prefer the Nexus 3-speed but they only have small left. How tall are you?

rockhopper70

Darn it, ordered the single speed when it was £159, now it’s £30 off!  Not yet shipped so do you think CRC will honour the reduced price or do I just cancel and reorder?

chakaping

This or a Reactor for £900?

Easy win for the Vitus, better geometry and £300 cheaper.

markgoldstein
    Free Member

Cheers!

Now to decide if I really need to “upgrade” from my 130/125mm travel Marin Rift Zone…

martinhutch

Crazy given the shock alone is going for about 550 elsewhere. Must resist…

PJay
    Free Member

Some very cheap cycling shoes (£15 & £20). Listed as triathlon shoes but presumably they’d be okay on the road:

dhb Trinity Tri Shoe | Wiggle

dhb Trinity Carbon Tri Shoe | Wiggle

alan1977
    Free Member

I’m 172cm, and looked at the geo, with the 90mm stem looks close enough in reach to my hardtail, with plenty of scope to drop bar it (got a mechanical 2×9 setup in my cupboard so would only need a cassette)

btw the mach 1 frames are bolt through, mach 3 are qr so it seemed to make more sense to me anyway

I fancied trying the range of 2x

crossed

Has anyone tried one of the Vitus Mach’s?

They look perfect for a singlespeed flatbar hybrid gravel winter bike type thing. Plenty of spares box bits that could go on it too.

finners

Just bought one of those Nerf guns. My 4yr old twins won’t know what’s hit ’em…..

images (3)

faz71

Not wanting to derail the thread with a not so stealthy ad but I’ve got a pair of Hope Tech Enduros with gold hubs that I was going to put in the classifieds if interested?

iffoverload
    Free Member

hijack/ WTB ST i25’s neutron hubs HG couple of rides old… 150? /hijack

Daffy

Time Atac XC6 are down to £37.50 from Tweeks and there’s 4% cash back.

Northwind

Ah well since there was a Nerf recommend… The Echo linked above is decent enough but what you want is a Doublepunch.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/construction-and-cars/nerf/nerf-elite/nerf-elite-2-0-double-punch-blaster/p/224089

Battery powered (and like all the battery guns is a wee bit weak on normal batteries) but the double action firing is awesome. Comes with more darts which is always nice. This is one of the best new nerf guns for years and it’s been on some sort of crazy prize war for the last couple of months. Likewise the Motoblitz

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motoblitz-Blaster-Motorised-Blasting-Airblitz/dp/B09XXJS55G?th=1

The pump action thing isn’t as good for smaller kids, because it only fires as hard as you can pump it.

Lastly if you don’t necessarily want darts, this is ridiculous value. The balls are nerf rival compatible and they last forever, unlike darts where they wear out/get stepped on. The balls do hit a bit harder, and it’s fiddly to load- these are marketed as for teenagers- and they roll under stuff like nobody’s business but that’s why you get 62.
    https://www.very.co.uk/x-shot-chaos-mix-combo-pack-respawn-fazenbsp12-dart-balls-and-faze-50-dart-balls-refill/1600750008.prd?_requestid=1985064&Ntt=x%20shot

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

These suffer loads from Bendy Seattube, restricts how much dropper you can put in them which is a bloody shame.

Andy

Really, really tempted by the Vitus Escarpe to replace my old Turner Sultan.  Whats the deal with the bendy seat tube?

cp

These suffer loads from Bendy Seattube, restricts how much dropper you can put in them which is a bloody shame.

crumbs they do don’t they. I’ve been debating one this afternoon as with the shorter seat tube than the reactor I could get away with a 200mm dropper…. but I don’t think it will fit in the seat tube!

Andy

Ahh you mean the existing bend in the seat tube.  Thinking of getting a Fox Transfer Performance Elite Dropper Seatpost to go with it. XL frame.  Saddle normally 82cm from centre BB. Need to do some research… ah Vitus site says 270mm max insertion. Should be fine…

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I bought these a few weeks back; they cost me £210 + £64 VAT and duty; they are intended for light weight eMTBs (but I suspect would work equally well on a full fat bike)…. https://www.bike-discount.de/en/dt-swiss-hx-1700-ls-29-30mm-boost-shimano-micro-spline-laufradsatz

Would it be daft to buy these for a normal bike?

Need a spare set for the kid and wonder if the discount outweighs the unsuitability….

crossed

I didn’t really need a new bike but those Vitus singlespeeds are a bargain at £130. Just a shame I missed out on the £160 carbon 650b wheels to go with it.

cp

ah Vitus site says 270mm max insertion. 

Yeah, 242 on the Large.  I can’t get a 170 in let alone a 200.  Brand X droppers….

Andy

Yeah, 242 on the Large.  I can’t get a 170 in let alone a 200.  Brand X droppers…

Yes my silly long legs help here…

Err I think!

cp

Actually, minor mis calc.  I can just about get away with the 170… hmm, possibly back on for consideration

Andy

Actually @cp thanks for showing your workings. I would be much better off with the 170mm Brand-X Ascend XL Dropper. 16cm insertion v 8 cm for the Fox 150 drop

StuF

Banana Industries have a stem, handlebar and grips for £29.99 

Ragley Cockpit Bundle Blue 25mm Rise

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.