Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 378 total)
  • PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..
  • clubber
    Free Member

or it could be that the actual cost of the product is so low that they can afford to, looking upon it as a way to keep customers buying their stuff at proper prices 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Wow… wish I’d hit the ‘purchase’ button on the two pairs I’d spec’d up… are you really getting these for free?? amazing! 😡 8)

xcstu
    Free Member

Got the 2nd email from Oakley too but I read it as explaining the payment process?? if account showing as process they still have to charge you and make the glasses… and sounds like if they have already charged you they charged the full amount and will refund you??

Sure will all become clear soon 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

If your order is in Process
    If you have not been charged for your order, we are working diligently to get all orders built and shipped as soon as possible. Once completed, your order will be delivered at no cost to you.

In light of the obvious balls-up, I don’t think for a minute they’d try and fob people off with a cleverly worded email. As far as I can tell, that sounds pretty clear to me: They’re sending me 250-quids-worth of pimp-ass jawbones AT NO FRICKIN COST!!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!

xcstu
    Free Member

aah this is my email:

If your order is in Process
    If you have not been charged for your order, we are working diligently to get all orders built and shipped as soon as possible. Once completed, your order will be delivered at no cost to you.

only means delivered at no cost to me…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The email also says that they will be refunding those that have been charged. If you look at their facebook page you’ll see the backlash to the credit card errors.

I think all orders are free.

xcstu
    Free Member

Well if free even bigger bonus 🙂

Jerome
    Free Member

Interesting developments..
    We will see..
    J.

psychle
    Free Member

Aaaargh… where’s my time machine?? 😡 😡 😡

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Defo free. My card has 2 pre auths in error. Got this e mail this am.

Hi Dave,

Apologies for the pre-auth’s looking confusing, this was the added complication due to the pricing problems we experienced. These will expire in due course as when your order ships to you it will be at £0.00.

Have a good day, best regards.

Mark

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Thank you for being a loyal Oakley fan.

I think I’d have to question how many ‘Oakley fans’ ordered against people looking to take advantage of a balls up to get a pair of glasses they’d not have bothered with otherwise 😀
    My existing pile suggests ‘Oakley fan’ though.

wwaswas

If I get a free pair of sunglasses I’ll be a fan for life 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

DAMNIT 👿

cb

Just confirmed with Oakley – free! They had my custom already as they had been great in the past, why go anywhere else now!!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

my natwest account still has 2 debit card transactions of £285 and £245 plus a test payment of £1.00

this whole thing has been a bit

😀 🙁 😀 👿 🙄 😀 😕

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I think I’d have to question how many ‘Oakley fans’ ordered against people looking to take advantage of a balls up to get a pair of glasses they’d not have bothered with otherwise

Never owned a pair of Oakley shades in my life, and took advantage of the balls up. Well chuffed Thanks.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why do you have to be an Oakley fan to take advantage?

people in taking advantage shocker?

how many people who buy a pair which may be now gratis, will not look elsewhere next time they need a pair? thus creating a big bunch of lifetime customers?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Because Barney has a stak of overpriced glasses already dirtyrider, he feels more deserving of the opportunity to take advantage. 🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

like this guy on facebook?

Hi Oalkey Europe, is it true that the orders placed between Tues 26th-Fri 29th July are completely free of charge? So no shippingcosts and free glasses? If that’s true, what do you do for the customers who didn’t place an order in that period?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Placed the order last week – Well chuffed

Got cancellation email – Well pissedoff, not impressed with Oakley

Got email this morning – I want to find the wonderfully named Mark Wilderspin and give him a big kiss. Very impressed with Oakley.

I’ve probably had 5 or 6 pairs of Oakleys over the years, so always been a fan, but the cost of some prevented me buying. I’d have been more than happy at 93 quid, at FOC I’m over the moon!

higthepig
    Free Member

how many people who buy a pair which may be now gratis, will not look elsewhere next time they need a pair? thus creating a big bunch of lifetime customers?

+1

Loyalty is a 2 way thing, by doing this Oakley have turned a screw-up into a PR coup and made some people very happy and more predisposed to use them in the future. They should be commended for this as it seems out of the norm these days.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Because Barney has a stak of overpriced glasses already dirtyrider, he feels more deserving of the opportunity to take advantage

Wow! You’re quite far up your own anus! 😮 I like them, am fortunate enough to be able to buy the ones I like, so I do. I often buy them second hand too to avoid the higher prices.
    Nothing against the people taking advantage at all, in fact I did too. I just had a wee laugh to myself re. the ‘Oakley fan’ thing ie. Please like us…Even although we’ve been unable to price things properly on our website,told you you’re not getting anything, charging you twice, refunding you some, sending you another email and just generally acting very unprofessionally whilst selling products at a very professional price.
    Yes they’ve come through in the end to keep a fair percentage happy but will the free specs have people coming back for more when they’ve been dicked around so much the other side of them? I’m not so sure.
    The man hours involved in sorting all this out would offset any profit to be made so they take the hit.
    I don’t think ‘Oakley fan’ will come in to it, it’s just about appeasing the angry mob that were out for a relative bargain.
    I’m liking the FB guy’s idea that because he didn’t place an order then he’ s due something too…nice 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

if the glasses are as good as people claim they are and they’re comfy enough for me to wear for 24 hours straight, then I reckon I’ll become a fan.

If I lose/break them I’ll probably replace them with another pair. If they’re good that is.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Wow! You’re quite far up your own anus

Hey, I’m not the one trying to justify bragging about my pile of Oakleys on here…

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Justify? Nah, trust me, if I wanted to brag about stuff I’ve other things I’d shout about 😀
    You’ve clearly misinterpreted what was trying to put across (Oakley being rather patronising) and you’ve kind of gone off on one. I hope it’s gone some way to help you vent your frustrations today.
    Enjoy your free glasses…and chill!
    Just to rub your nose in it a little more I’m sitting typing this wearing Oakley flip-flops, T-shirt and ‘Chain’ reading glasses. and as an added bonus I’ve just wiped my screen with an Oakley microbag. How cool am I!? 😉

glynP
    Free Member

I guess its all over now back to full prices but there is another oakley uk site offering Jaw bones at £50 hmm suspicious

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not very, the glasses are good, everything else is a bit meh

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

🙁

😀

kimbers

ive never bought any oakley sunglasses before, mostly because they are too damn expensive for me to justify

id di however take advantage of this opportunity
    who knows maybe ill be blown away by them or maybe theyll just be another pair of sunglasses,
    ultimately they are designed and manufactured by a 3rd party in the far east just like most other designer sunglasses(in the same factory infact)
    so im guessing its just their customer service and funky advertising that make them so desireable?

ive had 2 pairs of their shorts both returned as they dissintegrated within a few rides hopefully the glasses will last longer!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

As suggested on HUKD – Seems only fair to me that since I’m getting a pair of glasses for nowt off Oakley, I should make a nice donation to charity… so, my moneys going to HFH!

I reckon its a good idea if all of us involved did the same, Karma and all that 🙂

higthepig
    Free Member

zulu-eleven

I should make a nice donation to charity

+1, I will do the same to the same charity 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Nice idea – I’ll make a donation to Born Too Soon at my local hospital who helped us when our son was born prematurely last year (http://www.borntoosoon.org.uk/). I’m jumping out of a plane for them on Saturday, so if anyone fancies putting some oakley savings towards sponsoring me, I’d appreciate it! 🙂

http://www.justgiving.com/Travis-Morgans

Drac

Free!

Ah god damn it.

🙁

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I use to wear Oakley’s years ago but stopped buying them when I had to wear glasses but recently started to wear contacts for riding. I admit I took advantage of Oakley’s cock up to try them out again after years of using Adidas but must admit I didn’t think i’ll be getting them free, they never even tried to take any money off me 😀

And thanks Vinnyeh for posting the link when you did 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Charity begins at home, so I’ll be spending the money on more bike bits to keep in my home… Is that allowed?

psychle
    Free Member

And I repeat…. AAAARGH… where’s my time machine?? 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😡 😡 😡 👿 👿 👿 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥

So cheesed off I didn’t hit the order button, blingin wife next to me tweaking my conscience 😆 ah well, congrats to all you lucky devils, I’m not jealous at all, no, not at all… 👿

4ndyB
    Free Member

Bugger!

I toyed with the options on the site, built up a nice pair that I liked and even placed it in the basket

I had a strong suspicion the order wouldn’t be honoured, so I didn’t go through and checkout

Ah well

Very impressed with Oakley for honouring the orders

I have just one pair of Oakley’s, my prescription Kickstand 2.0’s. The rubbery ear bits started to split after several years of use, I emailed Oakley & they sent 2 new pairs of the rubbery bits FOC

I’ll just have to console myself by buying something else instead, anyone seen any other bargain-tastic offers around for bike stuff? I didn’t really need the sunglasses, but at that price who could resist…oh wait 😆

Hadge
    Free Member

Damn good idea about the donation thingy and I will do so for Dougie Mac. Had my card cancelled last night but it’s all been sorted now and glasses are on their way in a couple of weeks – nice one.

kimbers

so am i getting them for free now?, thats just silly
    think ill be doing a charity donation too then

terrahawk
    Free Member

my order still says ‘in process’ on the website, but still no email….

my bum is squeaking

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..’ is closed to new replies.