Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 378 total)
  • PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Houns – Member

Why does pay day have to be Monday?

I’ll buy em for you…..but there will be a 10% uplift in the cost when you pay me though! 😉

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Has anyone gone for crazy colours? Show us your wacky combo!

Houns

ha ha thanks for the kind offer

Next months Oakley budget is going on 2 LtD edition radars

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Just ordered 🙂 Cheers OP!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So are they even cheaper than eyewear outlet then?

higthepig
    Free Member

Thank you,

Just got a pair of half-jackets I didn’t know I needed until 10 minutes ago 😀

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member

YES!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Considerably

falkirk-mark

just ordered a pair good shout op

Hadge
    Free Member

Vinney – your a star!!!! Just ordered some Jawbones, vented lenses & Polarizied lenses for a total of £115 – bargain 🙂

xcstu
    Free Member

anyone read the small print?? have ordered but expect an email tomorrow 🙁

batfink
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

One set of polarised Antix, and one set of pimped out snowboarding goggles for 150 notes (Free delivery too)…. basically half price.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yep, the pricing error small print in the T&Cs swung it for me.
    off to bed, oakley-less!

Hadge
    Free Member

Well at the worst we can all expect a refund so hey ho lets wait and see.

cb

Might be some Jawbones with photochromic & polarised lenses in the classifieds in a week or two – if they don’t fit my fat head!

kimbers

worth a punt imho

payday today for me 🙂

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I think the pricing error small print makes it worth a try. Worst case they refund. Best case you get reduced price oakleys. I find it hard to believe this happened by accident though.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I think they may have clocked the error.
    Just tried to order some A frame goggles, the price was 65quid but when I tried to check out the price doubled.
    😕

richmtb

yeah the error seems to have beenm fixed. Shame i could have done with a new pair

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gutted. I just wanted the vented transition lens for my jawbone but the error was sorted by then!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

mine are £150 now… we’ll see.

singlespeedstu

Not sure they’re going to honour any of these orders.

I just tried to check on my order status and it comes up with an incorrect order number/email adress message. 😕

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Can we please have pictures of all the Matrix Wannabe Cool Middle Age Stw members when these arrive please?

vinnyeh

mine still shows as ‘in process’. Not really that hopeful, unless they fulfil them as a show of goodwill, you never know with Oakley.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Mine seems to be ‘In Process’….

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Mine says “in progress”, but the price of the equivalent spec is now £205 as opposed to £93!

I suspect that with all the adverse publicity this would generate, they’ll honour it. If everyone that’s ordered after seeing this thread reports them to trading standards, the adverse publicity would be very damaging…

Houns

Trading standards wouldn’t be able to do anything as per above they have the clause in their t+c’s

hilldodger
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    Can we please have pictures of all the Matrix Wannabe Cool Middle Age Stw members when these arrive please?

I’d rather see pictures of their sulky pouting ‘not got their sunnies cheap’ faces 😆

singlespeedstu

Mine says “in progress”

Did you open an account or just do the single order thing then you ordered?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Trading standards wouldn’t be able to do anything as per above they have the clause in their t+c’s

An article in STW about how they disappointed so many of their readers and forum members might annoy them a bit!

Dark-Side

An article in STW about how they disappointed so many of their readers and forum members might annoy them a bit!

How would that work then?

njee20
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought it’s really in the magazine’s interest to do that – people aren’t going to not buy the magazine, why get involved, it’s petty!?

Clearly a genuine mistake, I can’t see them honouring it, I think you over estimate the amount of ‘adverse publicity’ that 20 folk on a minority sport’s forum generate for a massive multinational company…

M6TTF
    Free Member

if it’s too good to be true – it usually is – ya get nowt for free these days

hilldodger
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    I think you over estimate the amount of ‘adverse publicity’ that 20 folk on a minority sport’s forum generate for a massive multinational company…

Exactly, I mean all the adverse publicity on bike forums really put paid to S*perst*r’s business didn’t it, and they’re small fry in comparison 😆

Bimbler
    Free Member

I have my doubts but it would be nice if they did honour the sales, but not to any psstakers who ordered loads. It’s not as if they’re not turning a massive profit even at about 40% of retail.

Jerome
    Free Member

M fraems and half jackets for the missis here ordered last night.
    No e-mail yet, we will see..

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have a friend who sells eye wear to opticians. The markup is outrageously high – a pair of Hugo Boss frames that I have which retail for £200 costs his company (the importer) about £6.

Retail sales for Oakley via their website will be an absolute cash-cow compared to their retail sales through authorised retailers.

If if you doubt the retailers are making significant margins on these products, look at the amount of shop/display space Oakley insist on, and the exclusivity arrangements they put in place.

Whilst I don’t know what margins they work to, retailers wouldn’t stock them if the profits weren’t there.

Houns

I know what margins are involved and I’d still happily pay (and do) pay

Stuuey

I ordered something that was priced incorectly on the Rutland webiste last month (climbing gear) they were really good about it, called me, and offered me a massive discount. Would be great if Oakley did the same.

batfink
    Free Member

I hope they’ll honour these orders…. I mean, how many of us will re-order (at full price) if they cancel? Seems like they have just sold an extra X number of sunnies, and at half price I expect they are still making a 500% mark-up.

That said, they could choose to be a$$holes

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..’ is closed to new replies.