Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 378 total)
  • PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just emailed Mark Wilderspin…

Sorry for the missing Icon – I’ll arrange for a new pair to be sent out today.

Best regards,

Mark

Can’t grumble with that for service!

Joe

I can’t believe the amount of you maniacs who went with the lunatic overhead specs.

mangoridebike

Thanks Houns

doodleuk
    Free Member

Mine just arrived!!! One minor problem, one of the “O” logos is missing off the arm… Would it be churlish to ask them to send one??

Ive just taken delivery of some Split Jackets and have the same problem, either they weren’t finished properly or its fallen off. Will let Mark Wilderspin know.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

When he said he’d “arrange for a new pair to be sent out…” do you think he meant a new pair of icons or Jawbones?? ;o)

ltheisinger
    Free Member

VERY HAPPY!!! 😆 8)

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Got mine. Very happy.

Wrong colour socks were used but never mind…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Here are mine… The red bits make you go faster… FACT. 8)

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

mine are stull being processed… :-S

WackoAK
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    Pictures please…To show willing here’s a picture of me wearing my Oakleys i had delivered today (thank you peachos!)

singlespeedstu

I went with a stealthy matte black split jacket with g30 iridium and vr28 black iridium lenses.
    Almost got pair of matte white jawbones too but thought i was being a bit extravagant seen as i’ve already got a pair. Wish i had now.

2011_0809splitjacketone0031 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You can’t really tell from the photo, but mine are pearlescent white with polished black… They look very bling, innit!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

My Half Jackets are still in process 🙁

Simwit

SingleSpeedStu, snap. Matte black + polarised VR28 iridium, went for yellow as my 2nd lens though

xcstu
    Free Member

Shibboleth – like your style was thinking on the same lines 🙂

they have arrived at home so pic up soon…

this_wreckage
    Free Member

xcstu
    Free Member

very happy 🙂

Houns

If anyone isn’t happy with their choice then let me know 😉

ltheisinger
    Free Member

We wouldn’t want you to become one of the….

middle classes

Us?

Who’s a jealous boy then??? 😉 😆

Houns

😀

h4muf
    Free Member

Here’s mine.

Like a pleb,didnt realise they came with a 2nd pair of lenses!

So if anyone wants to do a swap with some light grey irridum lenses
    contact me!

Oh,Vinny,if you ever come visit the peak’s theres a beer or 3 for you!

kimbers

im loving my fuel cells kimbers jrs not that bothered tho

h4muf
    Free Member

Rad dreads dude!

Bez

Look what Mr UPS brought today. They’re not remotely cool, but I boughtwon them for road riding, and for my money (or in this case, not) the M-Frame is still the second best* road riding design Oakley has ever made. Likewise, postitive red Iridium looks pants from the outside, but there’s not much to beat it on bright sunny days IME.

* to the original Sub Zero

xcstu
    Free Member

Bez still with you on the m frames.. still have 2 pairs and between positive red and ice blue look ace 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Shibboleth, what colour are your lenses?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I got Fire Iridium and Clear, both vented. Wore them tonight for the first time, bright low sun and some shady descents. They were brilliant, so please with them.

Stu, great minds eh? Not sure about some of these ‘stealth’ versions people have posted, they’re never going to be a pretty pair of glasses, you might as well make them as blingin as possible!

I modeled mine on a pair of Castelli big tights that I got recently for road biking – I thought they made my thighs look like killer whales, but my riding buddy informs me that they look more like penguins… 😕

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Update: After emailing Mr Wilderspin about the missing arm icon yesterday lunchtime, and being promised that he’d send another pair, I’ve just received a big UPS parcel containing… 2 little stickers.

Got to say, the level of commitment to customer service from Oakley is absolutely unbelievable.

I almost feel guilty to have taken advantage but they’ve most definitely got a loyal customer for life. They had me already, but the way they’ve handled this has guaranteed I won’t be shopping elsewhere.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Well, Oakley have made some money out of this.. i’d not looked at Jawbones before and although I missed out on getting any of the free glasses (Lucky gits) I did just place an order for some custom Jawbones.
    Fire irridium and yellow vented lenses.

Got them from sunglassesshop.co.uk rather than the oakley site, not affiliated in any way but FYI they were £166 by using a 10% off voucher. (+an extra 2.5% cashback from quidco).. not free, but better than £205 🙂

vinnyeh

hmmpf. My jawbones and flak jackets were shipped Monday evening, went out from the local depot Tuesday morning for delivery and still aren’t here. UPS claim they’re overworked because of the riots, and aren’t able to tell me when they’ll arrive. Driver’s not getting through their workload each day

On another note I’ve messed up the order for my Jawbones- ordered two sets of black iridium lenses, so if anyone wants to swap for something else, let me know. 🙄

vinnyeh

pah. just had a phone call from UPS- apparently my glasses were in a UPS truck that was held up and robbed on Tuesday during the rioting in Croydon. 😯

My liberal stance is shifting…

Jerome
    Free Member

Turned up last night..

Half jackets for the missus

M frames for me

Thanks for the original heads up

blaggers
    Free Member

I have a spare set of Persimmon vented Jawbone lenses from the February Oakley sell off (have two sets of frames, both had persimmon second lenses), if anyone wants to do a swap.

Jerome
    Free Member

Maybe we should have a seperate oakley lense swap thread.
    I have a few spare m frame lenses after finding the set I thought I had lost..

Bez

I’m after some M-Frame lenses in persimmon, VR28 or something. For cash, or Saturday Swapshop styley for bike bits.

Hadge
    Free Member

My set of Jawbones arrived the other day and here they are. I’m over the moon with them and with the money I saved I’m donating £50 to Cancer Research UK

phlemo

Anyone else’s order still ‘In Process’?

crikey
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for mine to appear, they are ‘processing’.

wwaswas

Mine 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..’ is closed to new replies.