Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 378 total)
  • PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..
  • njee20
    Free Member

The trade prices they sell to dealers at isn’t bad, but not sensational. It’s more than the prices they were selling for yesterday!

Houns

I have a funny feeling they will honour it, you lucky gits

clubber
    Free Member

I chose not to order a set last night having built up a very gold and purple set of split jackets… probably for the best, it’s not like I don’t already have more Oakleys than I need…

Drac

Clubber I did the same, even got to the checkout and enterered all my details. It’s the family holiday in just over a week I’d I be robbing the kids of a spend free week if I’d got them. I found I do have a giult gene.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Seem fairly expensive to me to be honest – my black irridium half jackets were $80, the web site wants £120!!

Drac

Seem fairly expensive to me to be honest – my black irridium half jackets were $80, the web site wants £120!!

Last night they’d been £60.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Even at the price I paid last night, they’ll be making significant profit on a website order, so I would expect them to honour it…

Oh well, if they don’t, it was an impulse buy and I’m no worse off. I was quite looking forward to getting them though, White/Black jawbones with red sparkly bits and fire iridium vented lenses… Lush!

lunge

I had a pair in the checkout, a pair of half jackets with my name on the lens, but like Drac, my head ruled my heart and I turned the laptop off. Thankfully the prices have gone back up otherwise I would have bought them this morning when Mrs Lunge isn’t watching over me…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

They don’t even need it in t+c’s until you are told your order has been accepted it is an offer to treat and not binding which us why the first email you get from retailers is a thank you order received not a full confirmation. They may honour out of good will they are still making a profit. Happy with my 35 quid outlet five squareds, though these looked to have pimpy custom options.

neninja
    Free Member

I built 2 sets (Jawbone and Split Jackets) last night but decided to show some restraint – most unlike me. Good luck to those that ordered.

Sheriff_Fatman

The thing with the Custom Orders though is they state that the order is accepted when you get the order confirmation email – standard orders have a Order acceptance when they sent the Shipping notification email. So, the order placed last night should have been accepted, the only question then is whether they invoke the Price Error condition. My order currently states ‘In Progress’

Hoping to get a set of Jawbones at a knock down price, but I wouldn’t be surprised to get a cancellation email later today…

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I have had an email and it clearly states ‘Oakley.com Order Confirmation’ and also in the email it states…

All sales of Oakley Custom Product are final. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations will be accepted.

Hopefully this goes both ways!!

Houns

If they do honour it the guys building them will be busy!

xcstu
    Free Member

Have any of you tried Oakley today??

my same order I did last night from being £93 is now up to £205.. I expect Oakley to come back with the old price error card 🙁

Can only but watch my order status…

clubber
    Free Member

I expect Oakley to come back with the old price error card

To be fair, that’s exactly what it clearly is…

matthewlhome
    Free Member

am on phone now as oakley tried to take payment for £205 🙁 invoice was only 93.20.

looks like this isnt going to work then

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m surprised that it wasnt a sham site to honest.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

nope. credit card told me transaction was for Oakley. shame. they declined it anyway – apparently they get a lot of fraudulent card transactions on this kind of thing. now to contact oakley to ask why they asked for more than double my invoice…

clubber
    Free Member

Now I’m glad I didn’t succumb 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm, that part is poor form.

nixie

am on phone now as oakley tried to take payment for £205 invoice was only 93.20.

Did CC company block it as the initial transaction was authorised for 93.20 and Oakley tried to take more?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’d have thought trading standards would be very interested to hear if they’re completing transactions for 93 quid, then taking £205 off the credit card! I hope they try it on with me, there’ll be hell to pay!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Hmm, my CC account shows no transaction from last night. I have an order confirmation from Oakley though.

Houns

One of the (five) reasons why I couldn’t partake

singlespeedstu

I’ve just spoken to customer care and my order has been canceled and no payment taken due to a pricing error.

oh well it was worth a shot and i didn’t really need another pair of oakleys.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I have been charged 61p!

Really quite odd!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Just called CC co and no payment taken but order still ‘In Process’….hmmm

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Had a call from Barclays Fraud prevention just now.

Oakley took a pre-authorisation last night for full retail – but they’ve NOT taken the money yet.

still showing on the website as “in process”, and listing the “discount” price

wait and see!

njee20
    Free Member

They seem to be over complicating this – surely they either shrug their shoulders, process the order and despatch with a note saying “you jammy bugger”, or they cancel all the orders!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

no need to wait and see. I just spoke to them and they are going through all the incorrect orders and cancelling them. Was worth a try though at those prices.

Moda
    Free Member

Got a call from my M&s Mastercard, they treated it as fraud and cancelled my card…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

so not only are people not getting cheap glasses, theyre having their cards cancelled?

thank you cheering up those of us who thought we’d missed out 🙂

jam-bo

i thought it was too good to be true.

looks like my grandpa was right.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

So, it looks like there’ll be no pictures of middle aged people looking like they’re in the Matrix then.

😥

vinnyeh

My order’s now showing as cancelled.

Worth a shot, but I’m sorry for the hassle it’s caused a few people. 😳

Hadge
    Free Member

Order cancelled so I will have to use my trade contacts and get them for the same price – result.

Jerome
    Free Member

Oh well.
    Saved myseelf some money – will have to search for my old ones now..
    J.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Have they actually contacted you guys before cancelling the order?

their T&C’s say they are supposed to contact you and give you the option – no good them claiming T&C’s and not sticking to them themselves!

If they just cancel, we should be hopping mad and making complaints all over the place 👿

In the case of goods that are made to order (such as custom sunglasses) acceptance of your order takes place at the point at which we send out our Order Confirmations. Please be aware that different cancellation rights apply to goods that are made to order, see section 5 and our Returns Policy for more details.
    Although we hope to be able to supply all goods ordered, we reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to give reasons, not to accept any offer at any time before it has been accepted. Should we refuse your order we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible.

Whilst we try to ensure that all the prices on the Site are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order.
    If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
    If you decide to cancel your order after we have informed you of a pricing error and you have already paid for the goods, we will give you a full refund as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within thirty (30) days of cancellation).

Drac

If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.

higthepig
    Free Member

vinnyeh,

Damn you and your tantalizing post about cheap Oakley’s, you had ruined my weekend until the e-mail from Nigeria dropped in my inbox, very soon I will own Oakley 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..’ is closed to new replies.