Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 378 total)
  • PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..
  • h4muf
    Free Member

And me 8)

steellam
    Free Member

Confirmation mail received early doors this morning 🙂

Bimbler
    Free Member

moi aussi

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Oh yeah! Email received….Two new pairs of Oakleys on the way! Spot on Oakley!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

confirmation received, however full amounts of £289 and £245 taken from my bank this morning, less than happy with this, will give it an couple of house then get on the phone

wwaswas

*still sat by phone*

although I’m not sure why as they emailed me overnight.

will check bank to see what amounts (if any) have been taken.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve got the email too! Awesome! Well chuffed as I’d wanted a pair of Jawbones since they came out but always thought £200+ was a ridiculous amount to drop on a pair of sunnies.

Big thanks to Vinnie! It came good in the end mate… 8)

Bimbler
    Free Member

confirmation received, however full amounts of £289 and £245 taken from my bank this morning, less than happy with this, will give it an couple of house then get on the phone

Oakley tried to take £245 this morning but my CC company rejected the activity as suspicious :sigh:

Shibboleth
    Free Member

To be honest, they can take what they want from my account – I have a confirmation printed off at £93.

I’ll wait til I get the glasses then kick up a stink – I’m sure Oakley’s legendary customer service would illicit a swift refund and some sort of compensation… 😉

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Just called them as i have also been charged £290 rather that £111 i have a reciept for.

I was told the orders have to go back onto the system at full price and are been manually changed during today. so i will only be charged £111

This is looking like a giant cock up from start to end!!

GoatKarma
    Free Member

If anyone missed out, Triton have decent prices on the standard Jawbones. Got some Lemon peel ones a few months ago, and got great service with them.

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/m6b258s182p8631/OAKLEY_Jawbone/RS_GB

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve not had an email yet – anyone else waiting?

(my confirmation has ‘£0.00’ on it too, rather than the discounted price that was shown on the website when I ordered.

batfink
    Free Member

no e-mail for me yet…. although my online order tracking has gone from “cancelled” to “in process”. It’s also showing the discounted price, but by the sounds of it that hasn’t stopped them charging full whack anyway!

terrahawk
    Free Member

My order has always said ‘in process’ – maybe I’m getting them for nowt eh? (I don’t really think this)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

My order status has gone back to “in process”, price remains at £93… Looking good!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I would imagine they’ve put thought a gert big load of “pre authorisations” to see which ones they can go ahead and process, and which ones they need to actually speak to individually to get sorted out.

Since my original order “pre authorisation” was at the full price, it wouldn’t surprise me if the systems still goe the same settings, which would explain things nicely 🙂

FWIW – I made two orders, which have both been showing as “in process” throughout, I had a cancellation email about one order, and I received two mails last night regarding two orders, with different order numbers but the same order reference.. so, I would guess its all a bit confused there at the moment – and if everyones phoning them every five bloody minutes, its not going to help them get the mess sorted out is it 🙄

xcstu
    Free Member

My ordered has too and the official email!!! Oakley you star 🙂

grahamb
    Free Member

Confirmation email here too last night 🙂

Like some others on this thread, I just got a call from the bank with suspected fraudulent transaction on my card relating to this transaction. Oakley tried to take the full price last week, & then cancelled it. Card is ok. <phew>.

batfink
    Free Member

I’m really happy to be getting my bargain Oakleys (some polarised Antix and some Splice goggles), but since my order got cancelled I had mentally re-allocated that money towards a RS Reverb…..

Now I want a Reverb too. Balls.

Moda
    Free Member

Mines also gone through 🙂

matthewlhome
    Free Member

just got mine reactivated. combination 🙂 and 🙁 as although disappointed, i had saved the impulse purchase money when it was cancelled 😉

Interesting to discover that Ray-Ban and Oakley are both owned by the same company though. They must make some serious cash.

heckler73
    Free Member

got a confirmation e mail at 5.30 am, woo hoo another pair of oakleys en route………….

h4muf
    Free Member

Just had this email,i’m even more confused now!!

Thank you for your recent Oakley custom web order. You may not be aware of a pricing challenge on our website during the time your order was placed. Oakley has made a corporate decision to stand behind our brand and ship all product(s) that were impacted by this pricing challenge at no charge.

If your order has Processed/Shipped

If you have already been charged for your order, we will be in touch soon to fully credit your original form of payment with a refund.

If your order is in Process

If you have not been charged for your order, we are working diligently to get all orders built and shipped as soon as possible. Once completed, your order will be delivered at no cost to you.

Important Payment information

Oakley EU will not be making any further authorization towards your initial form of payment.

The authorizations that have already been made will expire with your financial institution based on their guidelines. If you have any challenges or concerns with this, please contact me at the email below.

We are proud to provide you with the best custom eyewear on the planet.

Thank you for being a loyal Oakley fan.

vinnyeh

I am as well… the email is worded a bit ambiguously- it’s now sounding as if the glasses are going to be free- surely they’re not going to do that? Delivery is already free, so what else can this mean?

edit- just seen this on hotukdeals:

I cancelled and got:

Thank you for your recent Oakley custom web order. We know that you requested for your order to be cancelled; however, we would like you to send you a complimentary pair of Oakley custom eyewear.

We are working diligently to process and build your order and hope to fulfill and ship your order soon. We are proud to provide you with the best custom eyewear on the planet.

So, looks like it is for free!

stonking behaviour by oakley if this is how it’s going to end up!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Bit unsure here too. First read it as free delivery, but it does look a lot like they might be free…

Best STW PSA ever (for me at least) if so!

mugoftea
    Free Member

Just received the very same e-mail. I initially undersstood it to mean free delivery but then remembered that delivery was free anyway. Free Oakleys would be a welcome bonus although I’m not holding my breath just yet.

wwaswas

I’ve got one of those it does sound liek they’ll either refund if payment taken or not complete the previous transaction if they haven’t collected payment yet.

Crikey.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

😯

😀

I’d be willing to bet this is something to do with the number of preauthorisations that have failed, and the logistics of phoning every single person to sort out payment – it’ll work out cheaper to give them away than sort out the mess.

Intelligent business decision!

Not that I’m complaining like 😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The greed of some people on here amazes me.

clubber
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like greed to me…

Houns

Ok this will end up in being banned for a while due to swearing…But as a life time Oakley Fan/Collector who decided not to take advantage of this…

You **** lucky bastards, cocks the lot of you! No i’m not jealous at all

People ask + wonder why i’m so into Oakley, think this answers those questions!

Congrats you lucky ****!

See you in a week or so 😆

clubber
    Free Member

You didn’t try and avoid the swear filter so IIRC you should be fine 🙂

Houns

So far so good, the mods mustn’t have had their coffee yet

Barghhhhh I’m genuinely gutted 😡 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

About not being banned? 😉

Houns

Heh

davidrussell
    Free Member

multiple fails here

fail#1: i was in france when this was announced.

fail#2: i lost a pair of sunglasses whilst there.

bugger.

higthepig
    Free Member

vinnyeh,

I totally retract the following:

vinnyeh,

Damn you and your tantalizing post about cheap Oakley’s, you had ruined my weekend until the e-mail from Nigeria dropped in my inbox, very soon I will own Oakley

The bloke from Nigeria was a fake, turns out I didn’t know anybody out there who had $400 million stuck in a bank account! Oh yea, I got an e-mail from Oakley saying they would honor the order, happy days, tvm 😀

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I can’t describe how happy I am right now!

wwaswas

Just left wishing I’d orderd more than one pair, really.

*inspects gift horses mouth*

batfink
    Free Member

well….
    I initially read this as “delivery is free”, but reading it a bit more carefully it does imply that they are providing them completely free.

If this is the case, I’m staggered. True, Oakley have completely ballsed this up: cancelled cards, charges for full amounts etc, but people are already chuffed to get them half-price. Giving them to people FREE really proves that they genuinely value their customers – they are not just pretending to.

Of course, it could just be a badly worded e-mail…..

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘PSAish- Are the prices on Oakley.com a bit on the cheap side at the moment…..’ is closed to new replies.