Home Forums Bike Forum Psa vitus bikes (sentier 27 VR £349

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Psa vitus bikes (sentier 27 VR £349
    genecheeseman
    Free Member

I was considering one of those copper ragley mmmbop frames for £170 off CRC last year, and fancied the marzocchi bomber z2’s, and deore 11 speed.

In the end, I couldn’t justify the inevitable £1000-£1500 that I would be likely to spend kitting it out, when I have an old decent spec 26″ cotic soda- even though I like the idea of a ‘modern’ do-it-all hardcore hardtail.

(My bike park fwends sold their full sus nukeproofs last year, and bought scouts, and we are quite competitive)

Instead I decided it was time to swap the 125mm dropper on the old cotic, for 150mm, as I had struggled on some steep, slippy stuff at ‘the real ale wobble’ in November.

Whilst hovering over the ‘buy’ button for a brand x 150mm dropper (£110),  I seen this thread…. and not long after, ordered a sentier 27 vr with a 150mm dropper.

It arrived on Monday, and I will assemble it & tweak the gears at the weekend. 

Thanks for the PSA, I am absolutely delighted with it.

Never took much notice of vitus, but it is a REALLY nice looking bike! The gloss paint job is stunning, and I have a roll of helitape ready.

You can’t get the forks for less than £400, so to get the whole bike (with decent tyres!) for less, is incredible.

Was briefly disappointed not to get the aesthetically pleasing deore cranks- more so, because during unpacking it, I spotted the crank bolt and presumed that it had come with square tapered cranks (and the heavy bottom bracket), but no, it’s a nukeproof BB,  24mm spline crank (like shimano), and I do like a bit of Raceface.

Bought a nukeproof bashguard/chainguide half price off CRC (£30) in copper, and picked up a Rideworks seatclamp (in copper) off ebay for £21.

Ordered some matching colour peatys tubeless valves from degla.

And have booked BPW in a few weeks with my pals on their £1400 + £1500 nukeproof scouts. 

jwildcard
    Free Member

I thought the rapide were sold out now or are you looking at a full suss rig? I was looking at the sizes and thought u would go large, also 180. They are less aggressive than the vitus so be less sit up and ride position wise.

_tom_
    Free Member

Picked up my barely used Sentier 29 VR tonight, it looks and feels great! All feels solid apart from some pinging from the rear spokes so may need the tension looking at. Seems my fears of a 29er feeling too big may have been nothing to worry about, riding it around the street feels pretty normal coming from 26″ tbh. The Shimano brakes feel very wooden but seem to work fine, may go back to Avid/SRAM eventually as I’ve never really liked the feel of Shimano brakes. Just needs all the stickers it was plastered with taking off and a full length gear outer adding, maybe put the Nobby Nic on the front and go for something faster rolling on the rear. Hoping to take it out for a ride at the weekend.

grahamt1980

@jwildcard yeah sorry the fs version.
    There is a stupid price on the crx version on crc

trap6
    Free Member

Thanks OP!!!

My yeti sized 13yr old had a grin from ear too ear this morning.

Arrived (27.5 sentier)Monday morning after a faultless journey from wherever,on time,great Comms regarding how I wanted it too come,opted for part build,so very happy with this,all is well built with just a onceover with the torque spanner from me,install cable for dropper post,center brake calipers,bars job done!!!

Echoe most of all from above, absolute Bargain!!

Shame not everyone that wanted wasn’t able too.

Top draw CRC/OP

dogthomson

Well I’m in the doghouse…

Wife’s highly anticipated new Sentier VRW was supposed to be delivered on Friday but I was on a work call when Parcelforce attempted delivery and didn’t hear the door! Not coming until Monday now!

bruk

1st Ride today. A quick blast as had family round,  13 year old delighted to have my Trek Fuel to play on though we did swap around between it and the E-Escarpe. Only previously played on my BIL dodgy conversion complete with twist grip in the street so 1st time on a E-bike off road. Great fun and can definitely see it helping me ride right from the door.

Thanks to whatyadoinsucka for the PSA. Without those savings I would never have taken the plunge.

Hope everyone enjoys their purchase or does something fun with the profits of selling them on!

bigginge

If anyone who picked up one of the bargain Sentiers thinks they might want to upgrade to 12 speed in the future I think CRC are currently selling off microspline and XD free hubs for £2 a go. Might be worth picking one up while you still can.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-h5er-shimano-microspline-freehub-body

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-m5er-sram-xd-freehub-body

bigginge
    alanw2007

dogthomsonFull Member
    Well I’m in the doghouse…

Username  checks out

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.