Home Forums Bike Forum Psa vitus bikes (sentier 27 VR £349

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Psa vitus bikes (sentier 27 VR £349
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-sentier-27-vr-mountain-bike?color=black&sizeStandard=XL

lots more deals on vitus

27 sentier VR £349 M/L/XL (29 XL Only £325)

incl brandX dropper and mazoochi / deore

Nucleus 27 VRS £250

dirkpitt74

Blimey that’s an absolute steal!!!!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

No Nucleus 27 VRS in small.£799 when available!Grrrrrr.

dc1988

Whoa, a lot of the bikes are seriously reduced. £2k full sus ebike anyone

sgn23
    Free Member

I’ve been watching this bike for a while and this is a crazily good deal. I’ve gone for the 29er at £399.  You can’t buy the Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork alone for less than that. It comes which the Clarks brakes rather than the Deore MT410 (I checked previously), which may need to be swapped.

Gribs

The 29er version is £400

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-sentier-29-vr-mountain-bike

It’d be a struggle to find something better even second hand for that price.

weeksy

That is ridiculous. I’m tempted just to keep in a box for emergency

richardkennerley

I’m tempted to make the jump to an e-escarpe, sell my bike and pocket the change!

northshoreniall

Ha, just seen this – noticed it on twitter earlier and have literally just ordered the 27 VR. Will either be donor bike for my Longitude or keep as is – cheaper buy full bike than get new groupset and fork for what have already. Mad cheap!

Gribs

I’m tempted to make the jump to an e-escarpe, sell my bike and pocket the change!

These prices aren’t going to help the second hand market. £2k for a reasonably spec’d eeeb will make normal bikes very hard to sell.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-e-escarpe-290-vrs-mountain-bike

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not cheap for anybody who wants the VRS in small!

breadcrumb

Weighing up buying one for spare parts. Hopefully they’ll sell out before I make my mind up.

dyna-ti

I think the VRS is the betteer deal with the fox 34 and 1×12 deore.

The Z2 has reported issues recently from new and nobody wants a poorly functioning fork headache that can be solved for 100 quid more.

Fueled
    Free Member

This is just silly now

_tom_
    Free Member

Man, now I’m really regretting buying a new frame last year! Could have got a whole new bike for £50 more.

ashhh

Ordered a vr 27….was tempted at £650 last week. That was silly money, this is nuts.

cjr61

Can the Z2 change travel? Wondering about using this as a donor. Cheers 

Gribs

Can the Z2 change travel? Wondering about using this as a donor. Cheers

Yeah. It uses the same air shaft as the Fox 34 Rhythm. They don’t come with foam wipers (fox 34 ones fit) and there’ve been reports of them being supplied low on oil.

cjr61

Ok worth knowing. Thanks

doolie
    Free Member

Bought the 29, at £399 it’s a steal for the spec. Great spot

ads678

Bought my daughter the £250 women’s one, as she could do with going up a size soon. Not the best spec but she’ll only be rolling around on it. I’ll probably make money selling the bits off her smaller bike.

Some of them are crazy prices. Ragley big wig for £400!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member
    zomg

Oops. Any good strategies for evaluating n+1 where d(n) is already raising eyebrows?

Bigger wheels than 26”, 130mm travel, riser bars, and a dropper post? I won’t know myself.

devash
    Free Member

If the Vitus Sentier 29 VRS with the Fox 34 was £449.99 I would buy one in a flash.

st

Brilliant, thanks OP. My brother is looking for a new bike for my nephew but doesn’t have a lot to spend so there’s now a Nucleus VR 27 on the way. £200 for a brand new bike with adequate kit (for a casual rider) is crackers.

crossed

Just picked up the 27 VRW for my wife, it’s a bargain for that price.

Starting to think I should have picked up a second set of the Yari forks when they were cheap.

ads678

Brilliant, thanks OP. My brother is looking for a new bike for my nephew but doesn’t have a lot to spend so there’s now a Nucleus VR 27 on the way. £200 for a brand new bike with adequate kit (for a casual rider) is crackers

Yep, just sent a link to my sister and told her to buy my nephew a new one of those, as his current bike is waaaay to small and weighs about as much as cruise liner!

chestrockwell

Wow, some of them are so cheap you need to find a reason not to buy them!

chestrockwell

Having no money after Christmas being a strong contender!

Saying that, if the SID equipped Rapide drops further I’m in!!

zippykona

The Yamaha motors don’t seem to get good customer reviews.
    Is buying a leccy bike from a company rumoured to be closing a good idea?

richardkennerley

Checked this morning, e escarpe vrs in L still available. Thought about it whilst I was out and decided, will order one when I get home, sold out now! Not sure if the XL is pushing it a bit, I’m on an L Coptic jeht at the moment.

Could still get the vr and “save” a few quid but head is now telling me I’m just doing it for the sake of it.

Thinking is that an ebike will be an inevitable purchase at some point and these are ridiculous bargains, potentially could just buy to leave boxed until I’m really ready for it!

dogthomson

Bagged the Mrs the Sentier VRW this morning before they sold out. She’s chuffed! Will feel like a massive upgrade on her 10yr old Commencal HT.

pickle
    Free Member

Any on eBay yet at double? 🫣

Merak

Mine will be.😊

ashhh

Seems on another thread that crc are asking if they can send them with no pdi. I’ve not had that email yet, but has anyone else been offered this?? Makes sense given the volume they must have sold last weekend.

bri-72

I got the email last night for an order placed Friday.

nixie

I was tempted by the WRS models for daughter, just for the frame really. However QR on the frame, more trail than xc and poor spec put me off in the end.

ashhh

I ordered mine Friday too (albeit at 5 to midnight). But if CRC haven’t even managed to get to me in the email queue imagine how long a PDI / semi assembly will take!!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

a friend ordered the 29er £399, he got an email saying build delivery 26-30th jan, but message them within 48 hours and they can ship unbuilt, presumably they are semi built overseas and CRC/wiggle mechanics just check gearing brakes etc are working..

really fancy the vitus mach in red 3speed Nexus 5 medium left, £199

ashhh

Not sure about vitus. When I worked at another bike ship years ago you’d essentiallu build it and then put in a bigger box for shipping. Lots of variability. Some are perfect and it’s a case if bolting bars on etc. Some needed everything doing and as mentioned will need brake levers swapping from euro style (and possibly a bleed).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.