Home Forums Bike Forum PSA: Teravail Tyres 50% off

• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by jfab.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: Teravail Tyres 50% off
    curto80
    Free Member

50% off entire range at Lyon equipment

https://www.lyonequipment.com/teravail

gs_triumph

Must. Not. Buy. More. Tyres.

ogden
    Free Member

Teravail Telegraph light and supple – Anyone tried these?

legometeorology
    Free Member

Damn that’s a good selection, but fortunately doesn’t have the ones I want but don’t need

ahsat

Thanks. I needed a new Rutland for the rear of my gravel bike. Ordered.

gs_triumph

I bought tyres

superstu
    Free Member

Are these good? Looking at some of the bigger 700c and reviews are thin on the ground. Any recs for gravel in all conditions (and terrain)

montgomery
    Free Member

Good. Taken a punt on a Kessel as a rear tyre for a sh!t winter.

intheborders
    Free Member

Thanks, a pair of Washburns are on their way.

wait4me

I wanted to like the Washburn’s but they seemed so fragile. Ride nicely though. I was forever plugging the things. And I wasn’t riding anything particularly hardcore. In the end I gave up on them. Compare to the Michelin power gravels on now that I’ve basically worn to the backing without using a single repair.

danposs86

Side note, if you are near Tebay on Saturday the 28th Sept, Lyon are having an end of line and sample sale.

cookeaa

Looking at the ‘Telegraph’ how pronounced is the difference between ‘Light and Supple‘ and ‘Durable‘?

Interesting as cheaper Road tubeless options to maybe try over winter.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Got some 650b Sparwoods for the Arkose X and relieved to find the frame & fork clearance is easily enough for the 2.1 size. Went for light and supple front and durable rear. Seem nice so far.

sboardman

I know the answer will be “it depends” but how hideous are Terravails (in general) to get on and off rims? Thinking about swapping the WTB vigilante (2.5) and trailboss (2.4) combo I’ve had on for ages which are an absolute pig to break the bead off the rims. If I ever had to do it trailside due to a tubeless failure I don’t think my thumbs would ever be strong enough.

gs_triumph

@superstu

I’ve been running cannonballs for a while now.  Very good all rounder.  Not a lot of tread so no use in mud.

I’m going to try a pair of rutlands for winter.

gs_triumph

@sboardman

I’ve found them to be reasonably easy.  They are very supple.

sboardman

Ooh sounds promising. Though they’ve only got the Ehline in the light and supple casing for 27.5. I think I’d be better with a slightly grippier front. Hmm.

intheborders
    Free Member

I wanted to like the Washburn’s but they seemed so fragile. Ride nicely though. I was forever plugging the things. And I wasn’t riding anything particularly hardcore. In the end I gave up on them. Compare to the Michelin power gravels on now that I’ve basically worn to the backing without using a single repair.

Hmm, I’d just watched Neil on bikepacking.com and he’d bikepacked with the supple ones – oh well…

luv2ride
    Free Member

…re: ease of tubeless set up. As per reviews i’d read, both front and rear Sparwoods popped on rim with a track pump, and have held air since 1st inflation. This on some Token GR23 wheels…

intheborders
    Free Member

Arrived next day.

I got the Washburns in 42’s, possibly I should’ve got the 47’s…

Installed tubeless (just a floor pump) on my 25mm internal rims and they measure 41mm at 40psi (setting up pressure, will drop into the low 30’s for riding).

The previous Gravelkings in 50’s measured at 52mm on the same rims.

They do look fast though :-)

MoreCashThanDash

Never heard of the seller and this came after I went with Terreno Wet for the winter. Still tempted though.

That event on 28th looks good but I’m audaxing that day.

ahsat

Lyon are a distributor for a large number of brands. Have to admit I didn’t realise they did direct sales until this.

jfab

I’ve just received a pair of Rutlands in 29×2.2 for the Flat Bar Gravelly ATB Hardtail Frankenbike (insert marketing niche here) to replace my Rekon Races which are a bit big and floaty at 2.4″ and low pressures. Fingers crossed for an easy setup, certainly look like a nice quick tyre for bridleways and Hampshire “Gravel”.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.