Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)
  • PSA HP Touchpad
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nah – gonna wait for the rumoured Gingerbread hack 😉

Rio

Anyone had theirs delivered from Currys/PC World yet?

My order’s still on their system and they’ve authorised but not taken the payment from my credit card but I haven’t heard anything since the email saying “There’s a problem delivering your order… we’ll be in touch”.

I reckon it’s not coming; good job it was only a toy to play with.

uplink
    Free Member

Just got a confirmation of dispatch for mine 🙂

it’s now with DHL

gray

My full price one from Amazon has arrived. I emailed them on Tuesday to say (paraphrasing) “An hour after I bought this you were selling them for £115, so I don’t want to pay £429. Can you refund me the difference, or should I just send it back?”. They replied to say they understood my concern, and were waiting for some info, and would get back to me by Friday. Yesterday they emailed again to say sorry, but we’re still researching the issue, but will get back to me by the 30th. Their returns cut-off is 30 days so there’s no issue with waiting, and all credit to them for their communication. I’m not so much as unsealing the box until I hear what they’re going to do though! If they come back with some kind of in-between offer (i.e. offer to sell it for £150 or something) that I don’t want, then I’ll post on here in case anyone else wants it before sending it back.

Rio

PCWorld have now taken my CC payment; no other emails from them but if it doesn’t come now I’m going to get mighty cross with them!

richmars

Any one going to try for a HP Pre3 phone for £50?
    Rumours it will be available from the HP website, but no further news until 31st August.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

getting used to this thing now and have fiddled with settings so it is running more quickly and it is pretty good really. It will struggle with no decent apps but otherwise £89 well spent

scholarsgate
    Free Member

The rumoured Android build looks like it might be here sooner than you think

http://rootzwiki.com/content.php?234-EXCLUSIVE-CyanogenMod-7-On-the-HP-TouchPad

uplink
    Free Member

Mine turned up this morning from Currys

I’ll have a play this evening

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When you get your unit do this – it makes a huge difference to its speed….

Steps to set logging to minimal:

Open up the Phone & Video Calls App
    Type ##5647# and hit the green call button **note TWO hashes before the number – it took me several attempts to work that out**
    In the new window that pops up, click on “Change Logging Levels…”
    On the next screen hit “Set Logging To Minimal”
    Click OK to confirm on the “Are You Sure?” popup
    That’s it!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And if you are on Facebook, follow the HP Touchpad group – they are coming up with lots of tips and information on Android development for the unit.

uplink
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll check that out

andyl
    Free Member

does it have GPS and accelerometer/gyro?

uplink
    Free Member

it appears to have a GPS – not sure how an accelerometer/gyro would show itself
    and you can’t seriously expect me to RTFM can you now?

sent from my HP Touchpad 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

accelerometer/gyro?

The main way you’d notice is that it would flip the view from portrait to landscape as appropriate as you turn it round.

uplink
    Free Member

yeah it does that

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

¿??ns no? ??? ¿?? s?op

uplink
    Free Member

MF – tried that tip but it wants me to setup a phone and my iphone doesn’t get found by it despite having bluetooth switched on and discoverable

have I missed something?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF – tried that tip but it wants me to setup a phone and my iphone doesn’t get found by it despite having bluetooth switched on and discoverable

I set up a Skype account on the Touchpad (free to do) then it worked.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree trying to pair it with your phone – it is the phone service on the Touchpad you are wanting to activate, not pair it with another device.

Rio

Blimey! Courier just turned up at the door with mine, wasn’t expecting that after PCWorld’s lack of communication. Had quick play and it seems to be pretty easy to use but will leave it charging for now ready for a serious play later.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Dam wish I could get one so cheap.

Is it too late now?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Keep watching – rumours say more may come on the market but they will go quickly. I punted and paid full price for one from Argos then they refunded me when they marked the price down. Everywhere else (selling at the cheap price) had already sold out or took orders only to then say they weren’t able to fulfil them.

uplink
    Free Member

I set up a Skype account on the Touchpad (free to do) then it worked.

Ah ……. OK

I have no need for Skype so won’t bother I guess

Rio

Just had an email from PCWorld saying my order’s on the way and giving me a DHL tracking number, about 2 hours after it arrived by another courier. 🙄

I guess they haven’t quite got to grips with IT yet.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Uplink – you don’t need to use Skype, it’s just a way of activating the keypad. It is just a 1 minute sign-up job and no need to hand over CC details or anything.

uplink
    Free Member

OK thanks
    tried it see how it goes

Rio

Right, so I’ve got the Touchpad, turned down the logging, downloaded the WebOS SDK to my PC, found out how to put it into developer mode so all ready to play and now Mrs R has discovered Angry Birds so I can’t get near the thing. 😕 Knew I should have bought her an iPad.

uplink
    Free Member

I’m sure you’ve all seen this being all tech savvy etc.

but anyway …………

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/new-hp-touchpad-owners-go-get-your-free-50gb-of-lifetime-cloud-storage

uplink
    Free Member

I really need to stop playing with this 🙂

Anyway …… there’s also a WebOS update available from the System updates icon on the Settings page

This then makes a QuickOffice update available that now allows editing of Word and Excel docs + the ability to create docs

that’s quite a significant upgrade IMO and makes it a much better tablet for work use
    Now can I tether my iPhone to it?

hora
    Free Member

Bugger missed it. Im in the market for a touch/pad as well 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyway …… there’s also a WebOS update available from the System updates icon on the Settings page

This then makes a QuickOffice update available that now allows editing of Word and Excel docs + the ability to create docs

that’s quite a significant upgrade IMO and makes it a much better tablet for work use
    Now can I tether my iPhone to it?
    Yeah I did that last night – a welcome change indeed.

uplink
    Free Member

Just finished over-clocking mine – miles faster 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hmm, not sure I fancy trying that – was it easy?

uplink
    Free Member

Piece of piss

I was comfortable with it because ……

I didn’t pay much for it
    It’s apparently very difficult to brick a Touchpad
    It can be easily un-bricked

verses

You lot aren’t making any friends here, you do realise that don’t you…

😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

8)

z1ppy
    Dibbs
    Free Member

This may be helpful to those lucky enough to get one.
    http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/09/01/hp-touchpad-thoughts-tips-and-a-few-apps/

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘PSA HP Touchpad’ is closed to new replies.