Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • PSA HP Touchpad
  • Rio

I’ve put the overclocking kernel on mine and with that and the reduced logging it’s now noticeably faster – can’t think why HP didn’t make it faster by default. Getting the Kindle app working was a bit of a faff though. Now very pleased with it for a cheapo touchpad!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I guess they don’t have them too fast to minimise overheating and resultant failures, although everything I have read says the overclocking doesn’t seem to effect the heat output or increase crashing unless you go warp-speed to 1.9…

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve done few bits and pieces to mine and it’s quite a cool bit of kit – this is coming from someone who has 2 iPhones and only uses them to make calls 🙂

I already have a kindle so didn’t need to install that

Rio

I’ve gone to 1.5 to be on the safe side, apparently 1.7 is ok but 1.9 can be a bit flaky. Most of the time it only seems to use one of the CPUs and that’s throttled back to a few MHz so can’t see it frying itself.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Rio earlier…

Flaperon

It’s easy once you’ve bypassed the EPS manifolds and rerouted the power to the main deflector dish.

Rio

lol! Next mission is to try to get it to stream mkv files from a uPnP server. Oh, and to find out how to turn off autocorrect, currently driving me round the bend, hObO <= supposed to be uPnP. 😈

Kato

I ended up buying a Motorola Xoom on Flash’s recommendation. Well pleased with it I must say so!

snaps
    Free Member

I managed to get one but I’m having trouble getting it to link to my PC, I have a wired LAN & downloaded a program called Connectify to make my PC’s Prism card a wireless hotspot, my smart phone connects to it instantly but the Touchpad won’t – any ideas before I put it back in the box & bung it on Ebay?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kato, you can buy me a pint in repayment, when you’re not working and I’m in the bleeding country! (Mid -Sept is looking good, before a few weeks including Paris, Moscow, Barbados, Boston, Washington, Sydney and more…duw it’s hard…)

cynic-al
    Free Member

I saw that Dell number, £235 @ Dixon’s airport…Advent Vega still £180.

Sounds like with enough hot-rodding they can all be very good?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

HP are doing refunds.

http://h41237.www4.hp.com/uk/en/

willard

Refund eh? Now it makes almost more sense to buy one for full price and claim it… The wife did say she wanted something bigger than her HTC Wildfire to use.

willard

Gutted. Only applies to tablets activated before August the 23rd

scaredypants

if their purchasing price was higher than the HP defined minimum price level also illustrated in the table below and they have been activated/registrated within their webOS account before 23rd of August 2011

Ed: yeah, you had me wondering though for a minute

uplink
    Free Member

How’s everyone getting on with theirs? – I think it’s bloody great TBH

Rather than abandoning WebOS, HP have just released an update and there’s now a version of Android Gingerbread working if folks want it too
    Can’t see the point of changing the OS myself though

loddrik
    Free Member

Web os is superb. Deserves a crack at the title, damn shame it didn’t get it…

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘PSA HP Touchpad’ is closed to new replies.