Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • PSA HP Touchpad
  • Kato

If you’re in the market

Dixon’s have dropped the price from £400 to £89

Drac

Big price drop, just checking their site is at a standstill.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve all gone. It’s rumoured that amazon will drop their prices to match this soon.

GrahamS
    Drac

Also it would seem they getting rid as they use their own OS which is not longer being supported but theirs rumors of an Android OS fix coming out for them.

rs
    Free Member

Yes they will be the webOS ones but still a bargin for a little web surfing device. they did the same in canada over the weekend, $99, all retailers either sold out really quickly or sent them back to HP.

Kato

Tried to get one, but the checkout crashed

Whim-buy-tastic!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

why so cheap?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

GrahamS: Yep they are.

I reckon they are still not a bad deal. It’ll be well built and I doubt you’ll get anything better for that sort of price if its just wanted for email/browsing the web on the sofa type stuff.

A decent digital picture frame is not going to be much cheaper than that.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

not available ….. Gutted 🙁

rs
    Free Member

why so cheap?

because HP screwed up and decided to abandon ship a few months after releasing their new OS and tablet!

GrahamS

A decent digital picture frame is not going to be much cheaper than that.

Yeah fair enough. If there is a possibility they can be rooted to install Android at a later date then it might well be a bargain.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

because HP screwed up and decided to abandon ship a few months after releasing their new Os and tablet!

Harsh but fair.

scaredypants

Did i read recently that hp are getting out of ALL pcs etc and going for same markets as IBM in future ?

If so, no support but otherwise sounds a steal

cranberry
    Free Member

Scaredy – yes they announced to the world that they were getting out of the hardware business and becoming a service company.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Will they still build servers?

GrahamS

Seems like (amateur) work is under way to put Android on these touchpads.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/22/android_on_touchpad_project/

Taff
    Free Member

been trying for ages, one of the guys at work has just booked half a doxen for collection tomorrow at pc world… git

Cougar

Will they still build servers?

Far as I’m aware – I’m going to cry otherwise. They’d be mad if they did, they’re market leaders.

They’ve pulled out of the desktop, tablet and mobile phone markets, not “hardware.”

RealMan
    Free Member

Anyone know if you could run a decent graphic design program on these? Something that would let you draw out detailed building plans, including measurements, fairly easily?

rs
    Free Member

there probably isn’t any such program for web OS, autocad does a version of their software for android and iOS, never used it though.

Cletus

Bargain imo.

Lots of people obviously though the same as there is no stock near me (or anywhere that I have tried) 👿

cynic-al
    Free Member

Still £350 @ Amazon.

andyl
    Free Member

damn. Best buy is sold out too.

andyl
    Free Member

the specs look pretty similar to most top end smart phones so android port should be a piece of cake. Especially Android 3.

Militant_biker

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaeOXyA7wo0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

GrahamS

the specs look pretty similar to most top end smart phones so android port should be a piece of cake. Especially Android 3.

With the slight technical hitch that Honeycomb (the build of Android for tablets) is not open source so they don’t have that code to port.

Stoner
    Free Member

theres a version of cupcake/gingerbread open thats run on tablets though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just gambled and bought one at full price at Argos hoping price will reduce overnight. If not it goes back on their 30 day money back offer.

RealMan
    Free Member

Have heard a rumour that HP will refund everyone the difference, so you might be safe whatever MF. This could just be in America though.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And just reduced to £89 on Amazon so bought one there too 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Already out of stock…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Crikey! I was refreshing and it came up so I grabbed one using my wife’s express checkout (ie, on her credit card) 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Are the 32gb ones gonna go too?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Apparently they are £115

dirtyrider
    Free Member

hd-dvd

Kato

Bought one on Amazon but it’s “temporarily out of stock”, so we’ll see

The order’s gone through mind you

Cletus

Done the same as Kato – fingers crossed

coffeeking
    Free Member

OOS everywhere I’ve looked for the past 3 hours.

konabunny
    Free Member

one of the guys at work has just booked half a doxen for collection tomorrow at pc world…

Let’s see if the PC World monkeys actually manage not to sell them to their mates by that time…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘PSA HP Touchpad’ is closed to new replies.