Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)
  • PSA HP Touchpad
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

crescent still saying 1330 in stock @ £356

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had a go at getting one, but i’m beginning to suspect this is a massive waste of time.

has anyone actually successfully ordered one and got it confirmed/dispatched??

The dabs website said out of stock before they’d even updated the price? WTF?

Something dodgy is going on here.

jp-t853

I’m selling them for £75. Unfortunately I haven’t got any in stock.

That seems to be the marketing message.

psychle
    Free Member

**** me, this reminds me of trying to buy Glastonbury tickets each year! bloody frustrating 😡

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Taff – can’t see any question over returns with Argos – their site clearly says the products excluded from their 30 day return policy are asterixed next to the product title in the listing and it still isn’t shown as being excluded. Then there is the statutory legal obligation they have to accept returns under distance selling laws. I will ring them and say I will either pay £89 or have them collect it from my house for free (as their site says they will) and give me a full refund 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

So you reckon I should just buy one at full price MF?

RealMan
    Free Member

On twitter argos have said they will do the 7 day refund on them, but not the 30 day one.

uplink
    Free Member

Under Distance selling regs – You have 7 days after receiving it to cancel the contract in writing

That’s presuming someone like Argos isn’t going to cock up and fail to inform you of your rights when you order, if they do you have up to 3 months

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

On the order I got from Argos it has a link to the distance selling regs so they have dine what they are legally obliged to do.

Their site says I can email too…

To cancel, you can Email Customer services, call 0845 640 2020 or write to us at Customer Services (see contact us for details) within seven working days (so not including Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays) commencing the day after the day of delivery of your item(s), quoting your order number. You must take reasonable care of the item(s).

Psyklie – you decide!

colonelwax
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere with them in stock at the cheap price?

Seem to have lost the “buy” option at play.com so guess they’re sold out

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve given up trying to find one. Same thing is happening on all the sites, price goes immediately from £300+ to sold out. I’ve heard they’re being bought up in bulk in at least some cases.

psychle
    Free Member

only place that seems to be showing stock (though at £429.00) is argos.com, hoping they’ll drop the price, but no joy yet.

Been trying all day on every website, none dropped the price, all just went to ‘out of stock’ or just removed it from their website altogether… suprise suprise, there are plenty popping up on thiefbay and suckers are buying ’em to… 😡

psychle
    Free Member

I think I might buy one at £429.00 from Argos and try for the price drop, worth a punt! 😕

kimbers

apparently their smartphone is up next for 50 quid,

so will their laptops be going soon too, i know its not their own OS though so any chance of reductions at least as im in the market for a new one

kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14633434

bbc implies that tesco, at least, plan to pocket the difference

-m-
    Free Member

Been trying all day on every website, none dropped the price, all just went to ‘out of stock’ or just removed it from their website altogether… suprise suprise, there are plenty popping up on thiefbay and suckers are buying ’em to…

Presumably this is because there are only a couple of places where the stock is (or was) sat and many of the on-line retailers (such as play.com) show a virtual stock level – i.e. stock sat in a distributor’s warehouse. If a small number of retailers are then selected to sell that stock at the reduced price then the others will go from full price to not available.

There’s a chance that Argos is sat on physical stock of its own. Not my area of knowledge at all, but if Argos has a different sales arrangement to other bricks-and-mortar retailers they may not be in a position to discount so heavily (i.e. they may already have paid for their stock at a higher price).

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I brought one on Amazon last night for £89 and it is still “not yet dispatched”. Fingers crossed eh. 😯

Kato

I brought one on Amazon last night for £89 and it is still “not yet dispatched”. Fingers crossed eh.

+1

I’m not so fussed though. If I get it grand, if not I’ve saved 90 quid

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m not so fussed though. If I get it grand, if not I’ve saved 90 quid

I was just about to buy something similar for around the £300-£400 mark and this came up so I am waiting with bated breath.

Quite fancy the idea of hacking the life out of it and putting android or a linux distro on it.

clubber
    Free Member

do I win a touchpad?

uplink
    Free Member

Well, I have one on order and I may even get it

maybe I have the buying process a bit awry here but are they any good? 🙂

I really have no idea

verses

but are they any good?

From the reviews I read when it was launched, it seems like a fairly good tablet but with poor support from developers. The specs are reasonable but not earth-shattering and the UI and apps are functional but a lack of support will mean it’ll be harder to integrate it with other systems (iTunes etc).
    If you want to surf the web, check email, update Facebook from the settee, or watch videos/read books/listen to music while out and about it should do it all perfectly well, just don’t expect the latest Angry Birds etc to be released for it.

If the hackers/modders manage to release a stable version of Android for it then that’ll be the holy grail. A reasonable spec tablet for £89 running a well supported mobile OS 🙂

Gutted I missed out; I was contributing to the slow down of Misco/Insight/Play/Argos/etc most of yesterday to no avail 🙁

Wish I’d copied MF and chanced an Argos one, their site now shows it at the reduced prices so presumably they’ll honour the reduction on purchased ones.

Eggbox
    Free Member

Don’t feel bad if you missed out. I work for the place that makes them and I couldn’t even get one. 🙄

Tebbalot
    Free Member

Rumour has it PC world are getting more stock this week
    http://ipad2news.co.uk/hp-touchpad-stock-checker

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just rung Argos and they will honour the new price 🙂 coming later today.

And have another coming from Amazon.

My brother is having that one though so don’t ask 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Ah well, should have ordered the one I had in my basket 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thing is – I’ll still want an iPantyLiner

verses

Well when you buy your Eye Pad I’ll happily buy your touchpad from you.

Obviously it’ll be 2nd hand by then so some kind of discount will be required 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

lalalatyping this on my new touchpad 8)

psychle
    Free Member

bugger… did they really honour the new price (after you paid full price?) if so… bugger and bugger again… 🙁

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Amazon just cancelled mine!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Amazon just cancelled mine!

And mine.

Oh well that’s £90 to spend on some decent winter clobber.

rs
    Free Member

lalalatyping this on my new touchpad

space bar seems faulty 😉

Nick

I managed to get one for £69 (16gb), for sofa surfing and as an e-reader it seems like a bargain really.

btw, HP are not abandoning WebOS, just not making hardware anymore, they are still deciding what to do with the OS.

Support will be maintained for the immediate future.

Also not getting out of the PC business, yet, but deciding what to do strategically, not sure why they felt the need to announce that they don’t have a strategy but there you go.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes Argos have confirmed they are refunding the difference 🙂

And Amazon cancelled my order too dot brother ain’t getting one 🙁

Waiting for the girls to be put to bed and I’ll have a proper play.

Kato

Yup Amazon cancelled mine too. Hey ho that Galaxy Tab is nice eh!

uplink
    Free Member

Anyone had theirs delivered from Currys/PC World yet?

I’ve not heard anything since they confirmed they were ‘preparing it for delivery’

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Gotta say – if I had spent £400 on that I would be very disappointed. Got some nice touches but hangs lots, web pages can be slow to load/not load, the touch screen isn’t very intuitive (hard to know when you have ‘clicked’) and no way (that I have found) to install another browser.

If I had to spend £400+ I would definately buy an iPad.

Still – for £89 it’s pretty useful.

(sent from my iPhone) – says it all really.

theman
    Free Member

I must admit, I was surprised at the clammer for the Touchpads when the prices hit the floor. As every review I had seen put it a way behind the iPad and Samsung Galaxy in terms of hardware performance….which was strange as the specs on paper suggested this wouldn’t be the case. Add to that the cul-de-sac of an operating system and the glimmer of an Android port coming, possibly, maybe, perhaps in several months time it seemed a bit of a gamble even at £100ish.

I think a lot of people got blinded by a bargain as opposed to buying out of need or on the merits of the device. I have used one recently, and would be pissed at spending anything more than £200 on one….so £400+ RRP seems quite optimistic in retrospect.

Think I would rather put the money towards an iPad/Android tablet.

Flaperon

You want to sell it on, mf? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘PSA HP Touchpad’ is closed to new replies.