Home Forums Bike Forum PSA: Ghost budget bouncers at Paul’s

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA: Ghost budget bouncers at Paul’s
  • dogthomson

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/#search=salesfire&q=Ghost&&sortBy=&sortDir=

Ghost Riot Trail/Enduro/All Mountain bikes starting from £1,200.

Anyone have real world experience with the brand? Not a name I’m familiar with TBH.

jkomo

Familiar or not. That’s a great deal.

rascal
    Free Member

I’d be quite tempted if I didn’t already have a good bike!

jkomo

Theres a £300 commuter with Shimano gears, hydro discs mudguard rack and lights!

jaylittle
    Free Member

That Riot EN for £1400 has caught my eye. I’m away at the moment but will probably take the plunge if they have my size left when I get home.

ajt123
    Free Member

Wow. Incredible value. I’d snap up that 140 Riot if I needed a bike.

northersouth
    Free Member

Apart from that not particularly positive review of the Riot trail by Pinkbike, I can’t find reviews for any of these anywhere. The parts are really good value for money though.

crazy-legs

Ghost has been around for many years. Not a big/well-known brand particularly but they’ve certainly been in magazine reviews for a long time.

Some huge reductions in that lot!

seadog101

I wish I hadn’t seen this…

Ghost are a decent enough brand, bought a 26″ a hardtail a few years ago and it’s still the fastest bike I have.  Not the best for a long day out, but huge fun.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Was considering buying the riot 170 pro but according to the Ghost site the small with 27.5 wheels has a BB drop of 24mm, surely that can’t be right, a Nukeproof mega 27.5 has 10mm drop and 5mm less travel, seems quite pedal strikey to me.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Well I pulled the trigger today on the Riot 170 Pro, missed out on the first round but they had a restock today.

northersouth
    Free Member

Hi, did your bike arrive yet? If so, how is it

I am tempted by the AM, which shares a frame with EN it seems

jaylittle
    Free Member

It’s fully built sat in the living room, took less than 48 hours to arrive. I’ve not ridden it yet but I’ve not seen anything else that comes near it for price.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I added one to the checkout.

But when i went to the basket it had disappeared.

Badoomtish

sanername

Thanks for the PSA. I think the lector might be a great future bike. I’ve got a 40 minute along the canal ride to get to Epping Forrest and i was thinking an xc bike might be perfect (perhaps with a riser bar and a slacker head set).

although the geometry on their website must be wrong… I know it’s an XL, but a 718 top tube and 547 reach can’t be right?

hardtail_heathen

Just ordered a Riot EN Pro, sized down to a small from a medium.

Prefer 27.5″ and the small frame still has more reach than my medium Stanton Switchback and Ragley Mmmbop.

snotrag

The sizes are all pretty huge, most people would be going one size smaller than they are used to!

The 170 though looks fantastic for a budget alps / bike park bike, really solid spec choices, proper suitable tyres andcoils front and rear too, absolute bargain.

hardtail_heathen

That was exactly my thought, I’m going to Morzine next year for the first time and my options were a Stanton Switchback or a Vitus Mythique so I was keeping an eye out for a good deal for something with more travel.

Thanks to the OP for the PSA, I’ll update this thread when I get mine and let you guys know how it is.

jaylittle
    Free Member

The only thing I’m unsure of is the integrated seatpost, seems clever but could be a pain if/when it goes wrong. Very happy with the spec though.

sanername

Can anyone work out what kind of headset the Lector takes? Trying to work out if I can get a slackerizer in there.

pushup

Nice PSA.

That pinkbike review was negative but I found that same model really capable in steep terrain which left me wondering about the review.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.