• This topic has 250 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)
  • PSA – Cheap Oakleys
  • brakes
    Free Member

mine arrived today, they look alright, no visible defects, ideal for riding. £30! bargain

njee20
    Free Member

the ice iridium lenses made a rainy day look all nice

Could you see anything? Ice is a seriously dark lense, I generally only use them in the height of summer!

Daffy

Could anyone thinking of sending them back perhaps offer them up for sale on this thread first?

Just a thought for those that may have missed out.

Houns

Second that, i’ll gladly have Livestrong Jawbones and maybe Fives off someone

Gary_M
    Free Member

I picked up my radars and jawbones today. Only flaw I can see is a very small unpainted section of frame at the hinge. Wife got darts and they look perfect. Love em. Thanks for the link op.

warton
    Free Member

Could you see anything? Ice is a seriously dark lense, I generally only use them in the height of summer!

I may be wrong, its the purple ones…

EDIT: Blue iridium…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh and anyone know how to get lenses out of radars. I had a look on the Oakley site and follow the instructions but I can’t get the lens to pop out.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have two pairs of Twitch’s – matt black frames with the grey polarized lenses.

1st pair £47

2nd pair £65

Yes, they are exactly the same, but I missed the discount code at first and intended to send one pair back anyway.

I’ll send back on Monday, so if anyone wants them until then, let me know. Email in profile.

Houns

Gary i still struggle with mine – Squeeze nose bridge together to release lens there then the lenses should pull out

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah got them out houns not exactly the easiest thing to do but I’m sure now I’ve done it once next time will be easier. So recommend me some lenses then for radars and jawbones. Mine came with range lenses which is the second largest what are the pitch lenses like for coverage?

Houns

All depends on your face, i find Path the best…And again lens tint depends on your eyes, play around with the lens tint tool on Oakleys website

rOcKeTdOg

i like path for riding…and beer festivals

pensive by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

jools182
    Free Member

Mine arrived today
    Matt black fives squared with polarised amber lenses
    Hopefully should be good on the bike on overcast days
    £40 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

FYI – I posted up 3 pairs that i’m going to return in the For Sale section:

Fives Squared polorized (brown tortoise with bronze lens)
    Tangent polorized (black/gray with iridium lens)
    Monster dog polorized (Dark amber with bronze lens)

granny_ring

Will be sending these back but if anyone interested in them let me know.

FIVES SQUARED polished black with grey lens 03-440

Oakley SIDEWAYS black with grey lens 05-993

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Got a pair of JUPITER LX – black with grey lens £40

Nice shades but they’re too narrow for my broad chubby face. I’ll happily sell them on or trade them for something a little broader.

warton
    Free Member

ditch jockey, hmm I wanted a pair of jupiters, bit didn’t go for it.

err, how wide is your face?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

very wide! Fit-wise they’re a bit like the Oakley Fives I used to have – look fine on most other people, but look like they’ve shrunk on my face.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Picked mine up today – the pair of red and black betrays i bought my s/o as she has commented on them before are very nice, the orange jawbones i bought myself are pretty silly but I’m very pleased with them.

Only defect appears to be a tiny pinprick sized gap in the interior coating of one of the jawbone lenses but its totally undetectable when on. Must now resist temptation to walk to work (in the dark) wearing them.

neninja
    Free Member

Got a couple of pairs I’ll be sending back if no-one wants them – advertised on the classified board.

Fives Squared – Brown tortoise with polarized bronze lens – £37.50 plus postage
    Tangent – Brown tortoise with polarised tungsten iridium lens – £45 plus postage

Basically what I paid for them plus the cost of posting.

lunge

How big are the tangents? I could be tempted but as someone with a pin shaped head I would like to know if they will likely look silly!

doof_doof
    Free Member

I got my Tangents yesterday, they’re lovely, but you need a largish noggin to pull them off IMO.

I found these internet photos useful when ordering to get a feeling for shape/size:

ScotlandTheScared

I want to sell the lenses that came on my half jackets. The lenses are in perfect condition (it is the frames that have the issue – some paint is a tiny bit smudged).

Half Jacket standard shape black iridium polarized lens: £40 posted ono.

Am selling to offset the cost of getting a different set of polarized lenses which are darn pricey!

Please mail me if interested – mail in profile.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Really impressed with the customer service – I posted some glasses back on Monday 2nd class and I got a Paypal refund from them yesterday morning

njee20
    Free Member

Tried my Jawbones this morning, not as good as Radars IMO, the frame gets in the way when looking down/over shoulder. They don’t stay put in my helmet vents either, so I had to wear them in the pissing rain. Gonna keep them though, sorry Houns!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

ordered mine on sunday – arrived in FRANCE today. £33 for a set of oakleys, delivered. fantastic!

end of one of the arms has a wee bit of pain missing, not much more than a mm square though, and hardly noticeable (dark coloured plastic, dark coloured paint (or watever it is)). you’d never notice it unlss you were looking…

Rich
    Free Member

My Tangents arrived today, but they are bent so they sit weird on my face, shame as they are great otherwise!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Mine (or rather my Wife’s) arrived today.

No noticeable defects. And they came with a Vault as well as the cloth case.

Thanks again to ScottChegg.

vondally
    Free Member

Hello bought these in the seconds oakley frenzy last week,top notch really they are
    Oakley Half jackets black frame black iridium polarized vr 28 lens, normal shape.

Reason for sale do not fit my broken nose at all.

Price 53.00 pounds.

If you are intrested please post here.

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Tried my Jawbones this morning, not as good as Radars IMO, the frame gets in the way when looking down/over shoulder. They don’t stay put in my helmet vents either, so I had to wear them in the pissing rain. Gonna keep them though, sorry Houns!

Having used m-frames then radars for years I thought I might find the same but I found my new jawbones spot on so I’m going to stick with them. I might even sell the radars which I never thought I would!

Njee did you try the second set of nose pads that came with them which make the glasses sit a bit higher – I found them better than the lower ones that were fitted initially.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ll take the half jackets please vondally

vondally
    Free Member

ygm 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I might even sell the radars which I never thought I would!

Are they white?

clubber
    Free Member

Chrome. Not sure that I’ll sell them yet tho 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Not a problem, don’t want chrome anyway. 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

my white Twitch frames make me look like a complete tit, in a kind of Dan Atherton esque way. Think I may sell them on if anyone interested?
    The wifes Athemyst though are superb on her, came with the big hard case and are perfect. Absolute bargain at £30 for a £160 pair of glasses. She is looking into prescription lenses for them now

vikingboy
    Free Member

Cluuber, if you don’t need the smaller of the jawbone nose pieces I’d be interested in them as i lost one of mine as the large are too big for my honk!

Thx!

clubber
    Free Member

Ok let me stick with them for a bit but I’d swap them for your large ones. I’ll email you if so

jam-bo

Meh. Paypal took for ever to clear my payment, it went through as an e-cheque for some reason.

Got an email yesterday cancelling and refunding my order as they had no stock of the gascans I ordered. Never mind, didn’t really need them anyway.

rOcKeTdOg

my white Twitch frames make me look like a complete

how much?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap Oakleys’ is closed to new replies.