• This topic has 250 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)
  • PSA – Cheap Oakleys
  • Andy

Where do people go to get prescription lenses fitted to their frames please?

Speshpaul

Generally back to Oakley, thats what i was told when i looked in to it, and guess what its not cheap.

Andy

Thanks Paul!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JamesD
    Free Member

Optilabs (.com) have also done 2 sets of Oakley frames with prescription lenses for me now.

damitamit
    Free Member

Got mine the day after I ordered them and they’ve just got back after a week with Optilabs, getting some transition prescription lenses glazed…

Haven’t tried them on the bike yet but seem good (apart from a small crack/scratch in the frame at the corner of the lens courtesy of optilabs which I will be speaking to them about)

Andy

Ooh they look good! Do you mind me asking how much? Hmmm I rang Optilabs and they said they couldn’t do them 😕

anc
    Free Member

Andy W how’s it going? 😀

Heals on Cockermouth have put prescription lenses in a couple of my Oakleys over the years. There not particularly Cheap but they do a good job and there local if you have any problems with them after.

Neil C 😉

Mackem

The same place have some Oakley down filled jackets for 50 quid. Very tempting…

damitamit
    Free Member

Andy, frames were the Oakley Five Squared Ducati edition for ~£36. Lenses are photochromic optilabs with anti-scratch, glare, mist coating for £97 + £5 p&p. This is probably the 3rd pair of lenses I’ve bought from optilabs over the years.

End of last year I got a pair of Oakley glazed Split Jackets and I have to admit the Oakley lenses are definitely superior to the optilabs ones. They just feel better when looking through them.

Andy

Thanks Damitamit perfect!

(edit ANC think you are confusing me with some Northern chap who stole my name and elite riding ability* as well).

*one of those claims might be a bit of a porky

anc
    Free Member

Haha yeah sorry, I though you were biglegs!

Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap Oakleys’ is closed to new replies.