Home Forums News Project Mjolnir: The Most Interesting Bike Of The Year?

• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by aide.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Project Mjolnir: The Most Interesting Bike Of The Year?
    stwhannah

At the Malverns Classic Festival there were a bunch of riders with Bowhead adaptive trikes taking part in the racing, which was great to see. But then …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Project Mjolnir: The Most Interesting Bike Of The Year?

dirkpitt74

That is bloody brilliant!!

Just what the adaptive cycle community needs – if you can build a rigid for the £3k that’s a great starting point.

The fact that it’s all modular and can be ‘upgraded’ as the budget allows etc. is also great.

The fact you already have the files and can get parts made as and when you need them is a massive plus.

I showed to to my Wife (paraplegic) and she thought it was a pretty cool idea.

I might see just how much I can get the frame parts made for the rigid…….

Guessing it would probably have to be off-shored to China or similar?

Anyone ever had any off-shore CNC stuff done before?

stwhannah

@dirkpitt74 I’m pretty sure Noel and the Project Mjolnir folks can point you in the direction of suppliers if needed. My understanding is that it’s mostly a question of balancing cost and time – there are folks in the UK that could do it, but you might have to pay a bit more. Let us know how you get on – I’m really hoping the Forum hive mind might come up with some interesting additions and variations for people to use!

matt_outandabout

That is amazing. Love the thought and engineering in that. And it looks a hoot to ride.

Giz a go of your bike mister….

(The 50 year old in me also went ‘how the heck do you clean that thing?)

willard

I keep seeing adverts for “Send-Cut-Send” on YouTube thanks to some of the follows I have, but there may be an EU equivalent that could do a whole bike’s worth of parts. I think I have seen one…

Found it! Xometry: https://xometry.eu/en/laser-cutting/

Ok, EU-based, but may do the UK.

ThePinkster

That’s really amazing. I would love to have a go in one and I’m able bodied so I can imagine it opening up a whole world of opportunities for someone with disabilities.

prettygreenparrot

Very cool indeed.

abingham

Are those Lewis brakes, or have they branched out into handguards now too?

aide

That looks freaking awesome, also able bodied but I’d love to try it out. Also loving the idea that it’s not just a corporate idea and is available to make anywhere, just hope somewhere in the UK can fabricate the parts for it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.