Home Forums Chat Forum Primary School Job Applications- AIBU?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Primary School Job Applications- AIBU?
  • sharkattack

Some people have skipped some posts.

She hasn’t had an interview so no one saw her anywhere. She got an email yesterday inviting her to an interview. When she got to work this morning she went to inform the head but she was beaten to it.

ThePinkster

If the application was made electronically the school she applied to is definitely in breach of data protection and could potentially face a massive fine. Whether she gets any further in her application or not she should still report it to the data protection officer at the school as this may just be one of many cases where information has leaked. It is then the DPO’s job to report it to the Information Commissioner, who will then decide if any further action needs taking.

This is a legal obligation if the DPO.

convert

is definitely in breach of data protection and could potentially face a massive fine.

Just to mess with with some of your heads:-

At my last school a note would go up on the staff room noticeboard that went something like:-

The following candidates will be coming for interview on Thursday 17th Oct for the Director of Music position. Please make them feel welcome on their tours around the school. If you know any of the candidates from your previous schools please do feel free to join us at the candidates buffet lunch. Alternatively, if you have anything constructive to add to the recruitment process please stop by the Headteacher’s office for a quick chat.

Professor Filius Flitwick, Hogwarts School  

Louanne Johnson – Carlmont High School

Dewey Finn – School of Rock

John Keating – Welton Academy

Walter White – J. P. Wynne High School

poly
    Free Member

@ThePinkster: you almost got some of that right!

If the application was made electronically the school she applied to is definitely in breach of data protection

the data that has allegedly been breached is personal data regardless of whether it is stored electronically or not.

and could potentially face a massive fine.

scaremongering nonsense, fines are based on turnover – no idea how that is calculated for a school but it almost certainly isn’t going to get fined anything even if the ICO decided their practice was shoddy.

It is then the DPO’s job to report it to the Information Commissioner,

the organisation only needs to report data breaches where there is a risk to the rights and freedoms of an individual.   I might take some convincing that this would result in such a risk.

who will then decide if any further action needs taking.

This is a legal obligation if the organisation not the ICO – in exceptional circumstances the ICO may intervene but in a case like this it will be very unlikely.

poly
    Free Member

Everyone knew for my last interview and there’s already talk around my next, even though the post has not come up yet and the holder doesn’t officially know they are leaving yet (once the fiscal decides to prosecute they’ll be out quick enough). Actually I only know that last bit due to the teaching rumour network.

Jesus, you fire them before the trial? Or the GTC fitness to practice hearing?  And the rumour mill is allowed to spread that message before the PF has even decided if there is enough evidence and it is in the public interest to prosecute?  And having unofficially obtained such a heads up you thought it was ok the refer to it on the internet (albeit under a pseudonym).

I hope one of the interview questions is not, “can you give us an example of how you use sensitive information” or “can you give us an example of how in a society full of “fake news” you assess the credibility and reliability of source information?”

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Someone at the new school (unknown to us) saw where the applicant was from, blabbed 

Find out who this person is and then bombers and frozen sausages

zomg

Unprofessional behaviour in recruitment is probably the most common red flag people can see before joining a new organisation. I’ve learned to heed it.

martinhutch

Given that the local education news network seems to be working so efficiently, why would you want every potential future employer to know that you’re firing in official complaints?

If she must raise it, go through with the interview process, then, hopefully having secured the position, she can turn them down and tell them why.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.