Home Forums Chat Forum Prescription sunglasses – Rudy Project??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Prescription sunglasses – Rudy Project??
  • ads678

I think these are mean;t to be good glasses, has anyone had any prescription sunnies from them? Thinking of getting a set from RX sports. I’m a bit of an Oakley fanboi, but they don’t do my prescription, in actual sunnies.

I’ve used RX Sports a few times so happy wth them just interested in hearing about the Rudy Project glasses.

weeksy

Had a pair, loved them…. they were nice.

ads678

Were they prescription ones @weeksy?

onewheelgood

I’ve got a prescription pair of Rydons, but they use inserts which may not be what you are after. They’ve been great.

whatgoesup

I’ve got a pair of Rydons with prescription lenses (not inserts). Bought through Extreme Eyewear and they’re brilliant. I went with photochromic lenses and so wear them both for night rides and as sunglasses and they do very well at both.

weeksy

No ads

nickc

So, you’ll carry two pairs of glasses around in case you need to go indoors or it gets overcast?

I’ve always thought prescription sunnies were one of those things that seems like it could be good idea, but in the end just turn out to be a bit of a pain in the real world?

whatgoesup

So, you’ll carry two pairs of glasses around in case you need to go indoors or it gets overcast?

I’ve always thought prescription sunnies were one of those things that seems like it could be good idea, but in the end just turn out to be a bit of a pain in the real world?

That is a downside, yes. For rides where a pub stop is on the agenda I’ll often revert to contact lenses and normal sunnies for this reason. It’s a bit of a pain having to keep the glasses on to be able to see properly indoors.
    That said, with the photochromic option they do work as “normal” glasses indoors, so it’s more of a “looking like a twonk still wearing riding glasses in the cafe” rather than any actual functional issue.

The other reason for photochromic for me is that I used to commute to work and back and hence needed on pair that would work both in the daytime and the night.

Two main reasons why I find the prescription glasses useful. 1 – not having to burn through my supply of contact lenses for short rides / commuting and 2 – in hayfever season I often prefer to / have to avoid contact lenses due to itchy, irritated eyes.

ads678

Yeah that is a bit of a pain in the arse, sometimes needing another pair, but I’m not getting on with contacts at the moment, tried several pairs and my eyes just dont seem to want to work with them any more. I may come back to contacts at some point as my eyes are changing, I’ve got bad astigmatism in both eyes and contacts move around too much and don’t resettle quickly enough.

I wear sunglasses a lot as my eyes are also quite sensitive so for driving and general wear a pair of prescription sunnies would be a good option at the moment. I also want proper, good sunnies, thought about some tranistions but their VLT is 83% whereas proper sunglasses lense are down at 15% for the the ones I’m looking at.

Probably massively overthinking it but I’m used to wearing ones with a much less VLT %…..and they get used in places like the Alps and Pyrenees in winter and summer.

Fat-boy-fat

Photochromic for the win for me  I’d recommend rad8 glqsses personally. Yes, you look odd wearing transition lenses but they work well. I use them for all sports and for riding my motorbike.

whatgoesup

you look odd wearing transition lenses

This bothered me. I eventually went for the “brown/gold” transition, and when they’re “dark” they’re partially mirrored in a gold-ish colour so actually look OK. I’m glad I went for that as I don’t mind wearing them – I think if they were a naff “slightly tinted” look they would spent more time in the cupboard than being worn.

dyna-ti

Did You Know….

Rudy Project originally made bicycles.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.