Home Forums Bike Forum Please recommend a grease gun

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Please recommend a grease gun
  • thered

Ideally one that takes 400g cartridges.

I bought a Sealey one but it is pretty poor, maybe I have been unlucky with it but it leaks and the Mobil 222 cartridges don’t seem to quite fit which is affecting the threads on the cartridge

Rubber_Buccaneer

For bike use or more heavy duty?  I like the little Dualco guns for my bike grease and put up with having to fill them rather than just stick the whole cartridge in.  They do have quite a fine nozzle, good for bike stuff I think but tedious if used for bigger stuff

https://www.ison-distribution.com/english/product.php?part=2DULG1

welshfarmer

If you can find an Umeta 85/PK you won’t go far wrong. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be being imported at the moment (or extremely expensive). I gave about £30 for mine 15 years ago and it gets a lot of abuse.

andybrad

dualco is better than the park one (got bth) for bike stuff.

also had a wanner for car stuff. worked well

dc1988

Another vote for the Dualco, my dad has had one for 15 odd years with no issues so I got the same and find it perfect.

bigblackshed

+another1 for the Dualco for bike stuff.

rc300
    Free Member

Macnaught make some of the best grease guns around, lifetime warranty on them too.

DickBarton

Another vote for the Dualco gun…got it for my Pace forks in ’97 and still going strong.

sirromj

I got a couple of the Dualco ones after reading about them on here. They’re built to last.

joshvegas
    Free Member

the dualco one is great.

bit of advice though.

don’t look at the nozzle when you press the button for the first time to see what happens…

downhillfast
    Free Member

bit of advice though.

don’t look at the nozzle when you press the button for the first time to see what happens…

Why?

Oh…. I see now…. 😞

Poopscoop

Just ordered this, seems identical to the dualco(?) and £6 cheaper. Ie <£12 delivered.

Google on eBay for:

Beta Tools Small Mini Grease Gun 100ml – 1750M

dc1988

I originally bought a cheaper eBay alternative, it had a crack near the nozzle and also the nozzle wasn’t as fine as the Dualco one so didn’t fit into tighter spaces like between bearings.

I returned it and got the Dualco one

Poopscoop

That beta one has a lot of reviews on Amazon (dearer there though!) from cyclists saying they use it on cartridge bearings etc so the nozzle should be fine. On other pics of the beta the nozzle looks identical to the dualco.

Fingers crossed anyway.

huckersneck
    Free Member

A recent look at grease guns took me to the beta model, available from demon tweeks cheapest.

Poopscoop

EBay £2 cheaper than Demon once you add postage. Still a good price though.👍

Poopscoop

The Beta turned up today. Tiny nozzle and will get into bearings no problem at all.👍

Filled it about half full of Belray marine grease and it will last years I reckon.

Good little bit of kit!

yeager2004
    Free Member

The Dulaco is available from Evans – if you have any Tesco’s clubcard vouchers, remember that you can cash them in for discounted Evan’s vouchers

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend a grease gun’ is closed to new replies.