Home Forums Chat Forum Please can someone come round my house and make tea?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Please can someone come round my house and make tea?
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’m knackered, been lumberjacking all weekend.

Roast dinner preferred. For four.

TIA

stumpyjon

Sorry waiting for my ribeye steak (they were out of sirloin).

Still a bit full from the Sushi at lunch though.

sweepy
    Free Member

Just spent nearly 3 hours making a roast pork dinner at the Mrs request, she ate 3 mouthfuls. Can’t even moan as shes just had her hip replaced.

maccruiskeen

Bit of mission creep between the thread title and the thread – clicked on the thread to offer to make a cuppa and find out I’ve been roped into a full Sunday lunch.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’d settle for a brew but the kids won’t be happy

longdog
    Free Member

Ah , sorry we just ate our roast gammon dinner before I saw this. Cauliflower cheese and pigs in blankets with it and the roasties and kale :p

binners

It’s definitely close enough to Christmas for pigs on blankets, which Mrs Binners is presently doing with a roast chicken dinner. For some reason she’s made enough Yorkshire’s to feed an army. Oh well.

fooman

All 4 of you lumberjacking? Or just you and 3 waiting for you to make tea?

franksinatra

Ah , sorry we just ate our roast gammon dinner before I saw this. Cauliflower cheese and pigs in blankets with it and the roasties and kale :p

I had a sort out of the freezer earlier. Delighted to find a sneaky packet of M&S pigs in blankets which had been hiding there since last Christmas. So I ate the entire tray of them by myself for tea. Winning at life.

Sandwich

This evening’s meal has morphed from vegan Fennel, Artichoke, Potato & Kalamata Olive Stew, via Chilli to fish pie. Option one discarded because not all the ingredients were purchased yesterday. Option two went due to no kidney beans. Option 3 we have all the necessary bit in the cupboard or freezer.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@Fooman, the other three aren’t considered staff.

As it is, we’re apparently having freezer issues here, so a random assortment of freezer stuff (chips, onion rings, Yorkshire puds: an impromptufestval of beige) and some Cumberland sausages will be carelessly tossed into the oven, beforesmothering in onion gravy to serve, icecream for dessert.

Bunnyhop

Me, me, me, oh hang on a moment, I’m in Paris. So food would be cold by the time I got to you.

fossy

Roast gammon, cauli cheese, veg, yorkies, roasties and home grown apple strudel. I’ve been busy.

stumpyjon

Ooooo that was a good steak, now waiting fior my knickerbocker glory and expresso martini.

Got to get the tube back to he hotel later…..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@bunnyhop, I didn’t say make tea and come round, I said come round and make tea, Eurostar to st pancras, nip across to euston, west coat to oxenholme, get a cab the rest of way. We’ll be eating by midnight.

Bunnyhop

the stabiliser, mmm , now let me think about that. Maybe breakfast.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I think you mean ‘make dinner’ because tea would be builders strength and two sugars with milk of course!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Good heavens bunnyhop, I’m a married man!

fooman

@Fooman, the other three aren’t considered staff.

What does that even mean? In our family I cook, my wife cooks, my daughter cooks even my 18 year old son cooks. If one of us has a job on it’s normal for someone else to step up, the bonus is they get the meal they want (katsu chicken curry today) and whoever cooks doesn’t clean up. We all contribute maybe your family model differs.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is your role that of Chief Buzz Killington McFunsponge, perchance?

Tracey

Too late for me to come round as I’ve had too much wine to drive

Started early whilst making our Christmas cake and a sticky ginger cake and then into cooking the Sunday dinner

Yorkshire to start with then roast chicken. Enough plated up for a couple of meals for daughter to take and the rest of the chicken will go into a midweek stir fry

Screenshot_20241020_200516_Gallery

20241020_191120

20241020_192247

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Carrot and Swede, you’ve passed the test

wheelsonfire1

I made a vegetarian shepherds pie big enough for eight… there’s only two of us. Do you have gravy as it would transport better without?

mattyfez

been lumberjacking all weekend.

You mean you’ve been wearing high heels and hanging around in bars?

garage-dweller

Pop out to Nandos.  That’s what we did. Very nice it was.  Haven’t even done any lumberjacking, did walk the dog in the rain earlier though.  :)

thepurist

Buttered scones for tea?

chewkw
    Free Member

How hard can that be?

Pub the meat (already rub with salt) into oven to roast it.

Put some potatoes to roast with it.

Boiler some sprouts or vegs in salt water.

That’s it. Dinner cooked.  A healthy meal.

You can dip the roast pork into whatever sauce you wish after that when serve.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

How hard can that be?

Pub

Agreed

johndoh
    Free Member

Thank you @mattyfez – we needed this reference here.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.