Home Forums Bike Forum Pinnacle Arkose 2 – any experiences

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose 2 – any experiences
  • dan30237

Afternoon,

I’m looking for a gravel/CX bike to compliment my MTB and get some road & gentle off road training in. The Pinnacle Arkose 2 is in stock and currently reduced to £950. It seems like a decent package, but I have zero knowledge and experience of this sort of bike.

Link here: https://www.evanscycles.com/brand/pinnacle/arkose-2-2021-gravel-bike-915760#colcode=91576018

Does anyone have any thoughts, experiences, would recommend or not?

Thanks,
    Dan

tenburner
    duncancallum

Mines on 5k my mates on about 12k

We’ve both had a rear rim replaced but they’re fantastic and I’ve really enjoyed owning it

donald
    Free Member

The riddlers are puncture prone unless set up tubeless.

Everything else is excellent.

easily
    Free Member

The riddlers are puncture prone unless set up tubeless

Not just tubeless. I would tell you how many punters I had in two months with tubes, but you’d think I was exaggerating. I swapped them for Vittoria Revolutions – nearly three years and only two punctures so far.

OP
    different bike and different times of course – @jameso has left the company – but I’m still very happy with my 2018 Arkose 3 bought in January 2000. I got it much cheaper bu eating till after Christmas, but that might not work in these days of bike shortages.

MoreCashThanDash

The riddlers are puncture prone unless set up tubeless.

Everything else is excellent.

Agreed – mines actually a 2019 Arkrose 4, but same problem.

Bought it to replace one of the original Arktose from 2014(?), which at the time was quite an early “gravel” bike. Both have proved to be the most versatile and widely used bikes I’ve owned.

dan30237

Thanks all for the responses. All seem reasonably positive experiences.

tenburner

I also have one, its brilliant but yes the riddlers are rubbish to set up tubeless and get millions of punctures with tubes. Shame as the tanwalls look cool imo

jam-bo

Not on an arkose, but I’ve just set up a pair of riddlers 45’s tubeless and it was about as easy as it gets. On 23mm wtb rims.

not tanwalls though. ;-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose 2 – any experiences’ is closed to new replies.