Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a lovely wind turbine?
    I should be test driving one of these Nealy in april 😀
    Absolutely no sense in it for me but I bet it is fun to drive.
    I want to see if you can fit a bike rack on it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

You’ll be wanting the ol’ Ford Nucleon then!

billysugger
    Free Member

nealy
    Free Member

I want a nuclear car.

I want a nuclear monster truck!

I should be test driving one of these Neal April

If the salesman wants to come with you for the test drive it might be a bit awkward , the seating position is a bit intimate!

allthepies
    Free Member

Electric cars with a range extender engine (generator) are the future 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I cant be the only one who doesnt mind if we run out of diesel and petrol? Certainly not rushing around filling up. If we run out and the station runs out, we’ll survive.

Any inconvenience is soon outweighed by the lofty feeling of smug self satisfaction that a cycling family can have 😉

Anyway, I have enough Baked Bean tins in the cupboard to last the Rapture, 10 gallons of scrumpy in the garage and a shotgun. Whatever happens, there will be explosions of one sort or another…

ooOOoo
    Free Member

If the salesman wants to come with you for the test drive it might be a bit awkward , the seating position is a bit intimate!

lol absolutely….if they won’t let me drive myself it will all depend on the gender and attractiveness of the salesperson!

hora
    Free Member

I always take my shoes off before driving. You do get a raised eyebrow

ooOOoo
    Free Member

nice

This would do for many of ’em, although for the price I would prefer a car….

fasthaggis

I have been stocking up on bikes for years .
    Always knew that my plan to sell them during a fuel shortage would come good.
    🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

I always take my shoes off before driving. You do get a raised eyebrow

why does taking your shoes of make your eybrow raise?

higthepig
    Free Member

I’m driving over from Europe for Easter, should I forget the Easter eggs and get the nephews/neices cans of petrol?

hora
    Free Member

Lifting my shoe off pulls the fishing line that I have attached between the two

pictonroad

FFS.

Supposed to be taking my camper to France tomorrow, I thought all this would blow over, now it looks like my local stations are empty and there’s not enough in the bus to get to Newhaven. 🙄

There’s plenty in the other cars but they’ve got anti syphon stuff on em…

I need this not….

Kryton57

I’m off to Afan for the weekend already have a full tank.

Would be a damn shame to get stuck there with me bike…. 😀

rogg
    Free Member

Track day tomorrow – I shall be caning the mirth-mobile round the track at a rate of approx. 15mpg.

I apologise to you all.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Is it a crime to fill up now ffs 🙄

Kryton57

The AA said Increased sales of #fuel from #panic buying on Wednesday will bring in more than £32 million in extra fuel excise duty.

Conspiracy theory anyone?

Kryton57

Greggs said Increased sales of pies from panic buying on Wednesday will bring in more than £32 million in extra revenue.

hora
    Free Member

No its called distraction. Nu Labour used positive PR to bury bad news days.

Cougar

why does taking your shoes of make your eybrow raise?

Well, it should actually make them a few mm lower.

Like this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17504261

julianwilson
    Free Member

Cougar: Oh yes.

Hopefully in time this will be remembered not as the “oh, the tanker drivers nearly went on strike if you can call 2 weeks nearly” crisis, but as the “Government started a fuel crisis in a lame as **** attempt to divert attention from their catastrophic PR disaster” crisis. 👿

higthepig
    Free Member

“Government started a fuel crisis in a lame as **** attempt to divert attention from their catastrophic PR disaster” crisis

Are they really that bright?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yes. NuLab did before them (remember the detention under suspicion of terrorism hoo-ha? Probably not all of it, because we were all too busy argiung about the fox hunting bill/act during some of the key bits).

binners

Didn’t Tony just used to invade somewhere else in the middle east to bury bad news

chewkw
    Free Member

Okay for you lot panic buyers there is law governing storing of fuel apparently so try not to stock up too much.

Legally using jerry can …

The pic of the guy carrying 6 jerry cans to fill up is probably illegal … 😀

ProperNews

convert

Well that wasn’t so bad – car was in the middle of the red and I’ve got a trip at the weekend I have to make so fuelled up – about a 15min wait.

The AA said Increased sales of #fuel from #panic buying on Wednesday will bring in more than £32 million in extra fuel excise duty.

Nah. Right about now the amount of fuel held by the general public must be at its highest ever as half the country have brimmed up tanks. We won’t be using it any faster than normal; probably a lot slower as the nation goes into conservation mode to make it last and cut out unnecessary journeys. So whilst they have taken extra excise duty this week it’ll even out or even be less than normal in the long run.

imnotverygood

I think the conspiracy theories need go further than: ” in the 80’s we beat the miners by using the police & stockpiling coal. This time round we’ll use the army and stockpile petrol to beat the tanker drivers. ”

Klunk
    Free Member

We won’t be using it any faster than normal; probably a lot slower as the nation goes into conservation mode to make it last and cut out unnecessary journeys. So whilst they have taken extra excise duty this week it’ll even out or even be less than normal in the long run.

tis true, but the Governer has already written off the next quarter. Its this quarter ending that counts to whether we’re “officially” in recession or not.

chewkw
    Free Member

I say stockpile it as much as you can so the petrol stations will be free of cars for months to come. 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

got me thinking. Instead of a child trust fund, wouldnt it make more sense to buy a f***** huge tank and put a litre of petrol in it every week until their 18th birthday?

grum
    Free Member

probably a lot slower as the nation goes into conservation mode to make it last and cut out unnecessary journeys.

Doesn’t that assume that people have some kind of common sense? Which we have seen from the panic buying is something clearly lacking in most of the population.

hora
    Free Member

Its not everyone at it though- otherwise there would be mile after a mile queues. Its the compulsive lot- probably driving for a day then topping again whilst bumping into those that need petrol normally.

Jamie
    Free Member

got me thinking. Instead of a child trust fund, wouldnt it make more sense to buy a f***** huge tank and put a litre of petrol in it every week until their 18th birthday?

It would cost you a fortune to protect it from the rioting masses.

…I guess you could always electrify the tank to stop people touching it…..oh hang on…

Cougar

wouldnt it make more sense to buy a f***** huge tank and put a litre of petrol in it every week until their 18th birthday?

Petrol has a limited lifespan, it goes off and loses potency(*). So you’d have a big tank of useless petrol. Happy birthday.

(* – like a lot of people here 😀 )

Stoner
    Free Member

nuclear fuel then. Im going to start stockpiling.

That didnt flag up on a machine somewhere. Did it?

higthepig
    Free Member

Its the compulsive lot- probably driving for a day then topping again whilst bumping into those that need petrol normally.

Part of the seige mentality some have? The people who buy weeks supplies of food as the shops are shut for 2 days over Christmas.

Jamie
    Free Member
    HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Exactly how long does diesel or petrol last? Maybe i should store up a lifetimes supply.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.