Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • mrdestructo

The government brings out their WMD’s again (Weapons of Mass Distraction) and suddenly the people are pulling together (Strongest Man competitions pulling cars anyone?) and not seeing the real stuff that affects people long term

Also, it won’t be long before the chavs start drilling into peoples tanks to steal full loads. Then crime will be up and the police can say they shouldn’t suffer cuts. Firemen can defend their futures dealing with shed fires due to illegally stored petrol. The Green Party will be extolling the virtues of chippanoil/gas/batterycars/publictransport/cycling/walking.

It might be a good idea to stock up on long life UHT milk, btw. And a cheap breadmaker and raw ingredients if you can’t deal without you addictive daily dose of wheat that way.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Tory in ‘unable to comprehend what life is like for the plebs shocker’.

Oooh Grum, don’t call him a Tory. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

There isn’t panic buying, the prime minister told us all to fill up and his minister told us to put keep some in a jerry can in the garage. Probably the dumbest thing anyone could possibly have done.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    falkirk-mark

I better go and fill the other car up tonight after work.

iainc

and now they are telling us to keep tanks at least half full – best way to empty the filling stations ever 👿

iainc

wife’s car which doesn’t do a lot has 85 miles range left in tank. Mine which does most of the miles is half full. Normally would fill both when light comes on, prob Sun for hers and Mon for mine, but Government advise me to fill them now…..

hora
    Free Member

My powerfully built C1 only does 68mpg apparently 8)

falkirk-mark
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s not the fuel ditribution but the FOOD distribution that ought to concern you all. How will fresh milk get from the farm to your fridge?

Well, when the stupid effing strikers realise they are running out of food at home, and their familes are going hungry becasue of what they are doing, they’ll all toddle back off to work.

Striking = Shooting yourself in the foot in every way imaginable.

hora
    Free Member

Ah goody gumdrops, I like running the scurrying pedopods over

Dibbs
    Free Member

At 69mpg and diesel at £1.449 my Smart costs 10p per mile in fuel, £5 is only enough for 50 miles. The people putting £5 it the car are pretty unlikely to be getting anywhere near 10p per mile (probably nearer 20p) so £5 may only get them 25 miles, it make me wonder how many trips in that 25 miles are really necessary. 😕

binners

My powerfully built C1 only does 68mpg apparently

That’s because you drive everywhere at 5mph, with a bloke with a red flag walking in front of you

hora
    Free Member

Binners, I keep running them over and killing them with my killinmachine

binners

I told you to take those Ben Hur style rotating knives hubcaps off! You’ll have someones eye out!

Scamper
    Free Member

I was wondering why there were lines of cars at all the petrol stations i’ve passed. No point in me filling up, as i use 2 tanks worth a week. However, with all this panic buying it means i may not get home tonight or to a client tomorrow. But hey, just as long as someone who does 3k miles per year has managed to brim their tank, thats ok.

speaker2animals

How many rioters are going to queue for five hours to fill their petrol bombs? See this is the Govs way of preventing civil unrest. Better and cheaper than water cannon/CS smoke.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

out of petrol in cheltenham I hear…
    So the panic buyers got it right!

nice day to be a cyclist

kimbers

Scamper – Member
    But hey, just as long as someone who does 3k miles per year has managed to brim their tank, thats ok.

its not their fault; cameron, maude, warsi, davey, penning ….have been on tv all week telling them to!

nealy
    Free Member

I’m off to Lee Quarry on Saturday and didn’t have enough in the tank to get there and back so joined the other petrol grabbing idiots and queued for 10 minutes at Tesco this morning, now I have a full tank which should see me through to 16th April if I do a bit of Driving Miss Daisy :imalrightjack: 😀

MSP

Striking = Shooting yourself in the foot in every way imaginable.

Yes, everyone should learn to do what they are told and just doff their caps, how dare workers stand up for themselves, its a disgrace, this country is going to the dogs, this isn’t why my granddad fought in two world wars etc etc.

joao3v16
    Free Member

out of petrol in cheltenham I hear…
    So the panic buyers got it right!

Que?*

Cheltenham wouldn’t have run out if all the sheeple hadn’t been ‘panic buying’ … there are currently no strikes and deliveries are normal, but there are sufficient stupid people to create a massive problem for everyone by being selfish (and then try and blame their lack of common sense on ‘govt advice’).

(*unless you were being sarcastic?)

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I’m making the point that the sufficiently stupid, panic-buying sheeple will be feeling as smug as the fine, upstanding non-panic buyers did yesterday 😉

aracer
    Free Member

The question I have is: will all the people queueing now also be queueing to top up their tanks in a couple of weeks time when I next need to fill up (I only have half a tank left) or will they have got bored by then? I presume supply won’t be an issue, as once all the tanks have been topped the demand will go back to normal, but it will still be irritating to have to queue behind the £5 buyers.

BTW if I was a Tory, surely I’d be supporting the Tory party’s call for panic buying? I do find it interesting how much power they have over people’s behaviour though.

joao3v16
    Free Member

I do find it interesting how much power they have over people’s behaviour though

It’s incredibly easy to make people to behave selfishly.

Pick any day of the year & tell your neighbour you think the tanker drivers are planning to strike. I guarantee within an hour you’d see them toddling off out to fill up their car.

Or go into Tesco and buy 50 pints of milk, loads of bread & dozens of eggs, then when someone asks why, just say “haven’t you heard?” … there’d soon be panic in the aisles…

Bazz

Maybe i should jump on the capitalism band wagon and start hiring my bikes out at highly inflated prices 😆

Cars empty btw and can’t be arsed queuing, i’m cycling to work as usual anyway.

hora
    Free Member

THERES AN ALCOHOL SHORTAGE! QUICK GET DOWN TO THE BAR AND GET SUPPIN

Pigface
    Free Member

Chaos at the Neath Tesco, had to to a bakery in Skewen for my lunch. Queuing for miles, madness has taken hold.

mrdestructo

How many rioters are going to queue for five hours to fill their petrol bombs? See this is the Govs way of preventing civil unrest. Better and cheaper than water cannon/CS smoke.

No, they’ll be down B&Q nicking a battery powered drill and waiting for smug looking drivers to park their cars at home and go out for the day, then climbing under and springing your tank a leak

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You think this is bad? Wait until the the strike starts or if it starts to affect food distribution.

Think of this as a foretaste of what the early stages of Doomsday will be like, use this as a learning experience to be better prepared next time…

tonyg2003

Just been into local town to fill up (car was fuel light was on) and there were no queues for diesel, since there wasn’t any left.

hora
    Free Member

Wait until the the strike starts or if it starts to affect food distribution.

Think of this as a foretaste of what the early stages of Doomsday will be like,

I’ve always wondered what mein teil tastes like 😈

grum
    Free Member

FFS, I’ve got to drive down to Ross-on-Wye next week – and because of the morons in the government and the morons on the street it might not be possible? I still refuse to join in with this idiocy though.

nealy
    Free Member

There is another way to avoid the queues :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Well you’d buy petrol, leave enjoy your week and watch a few movies by the time that things ready

andrewh
    Free Member

If there is a strike it will give us all a feeling for what it’s like to have an electric car, welcom to the world of range-anxiety!
    [SMUG] I did my panic-buying on Tuesday, before everyone else. I don’t use my car day-to-day, I ony need it Easter weekend to go to a bike race. 450 miles round trip on a 380 mile tank. Yes, I was one of the people filling the cans too. I’m now carrying 500 miles worth 😀
    I did however spend £99.78 on fuel 😯 [/SMUG]

loum
    Free Member

One of the first successes of this government.
    Create their own mini fuel shortage, collect the data, manage the next one more efficiently.
    Now they know exactly where they want to send their Army tankers, and also where to ignore when it next happens.
    Also it boosts the March sales figures to prevent talk of a recession after all the panic buying of fuel (and pasties and stamps).
    May even take CMD’s dinnergate off the News too.

Win win win for CMD.

nealy
    Free Member

Well you’d buy petrol, leave enjoy your week and watch a few movies by the time that things ready

The battery fully charges in three-and-a-half hours with a 100km range

I hate hybrids but I would get one of these for commuting…doubt I’d get 100km out of it though 😉

hora
    Free Member

So 70miles time I’d have to wait another 3.5hours?

mrdestructo

The electric car myth! The government are trying to put in 4-5 new nuke stations right now to keep on top of power needs. If we as a nation were to give up our love of petroleum and switch over to electric cars we’d need 40-45 building. You really want to sound off on that?

higgo
    Free Member

I want a nuclear car.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.