Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • orange
    Free Member

Cougar-
    Sucks to be a motorcyclist in your Utopia.

thats exactly why i wrote these words

for cars

LoCo
    Free Member

Veg oil is where it’s at for the T4 should it be necessary 😀

Cougar

thats exactly why i wrote these words

Sucks to be the driver of a Smart in your utopia. Or a kit car. Or any one of a hundred other vehicles with a small fuel tank.

Also, sucks to be paid weekly, or be unemployed, or otherwise to be in a situation where you aren’t painfully middle class, don’t have fifty quid of disposable income to hand and instead are trying to balance out how much of the last ten quid you own you can put towards fuel and still be able to eat over the weekend.

falkirk-mark

I just filled my tank because I hate to be left out.

aracer
    Free Member

Sucks to be the driver of a Smart in your utopia

Tank capacity 38l. I’d love to know where I can fill that for <£50.

Cougar

33L tank, if Google is to be believed (I checked first because I’m sad like that).

Cheapest price I can find for unleaded is 134.9p/L. That’s £44.52.

Assuming you’re right and it’s 38L (presumably there’s different models so we could both be right), that comes out at £51.26. So doable, but you’d have to be down to the wire every time you filled up. Currently, anyway.

Regardless, we’re splitting hairs. It’s a nice idea but bloody stupid, is the point I’m trying to make without actually saying as such.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Just filled up the missus’ car at Morrisons in ‘artcliffe, Brizzle. A fair few pumps free, drove up, filled up, paid, drove off. No drama 🙂

garage-dweller

what did you expect from the british – some sense of proportion. daft statements from the ruling party including stockpiling flammable liquids where they present a health and safety hazard to.families and neighbours, lack of gumption from the opposition in denouncing industrial action that will hit those who aren’t paid tanker driver money and businesses generally where staff and goods need to move around to make money. Utter lunacy.

I filled up yesterday because I was just about on the reserve and it was convenient.

the one thing i do applaud is bringing in the forces to try and reduce the chaos.

transapp
    Free Member

Farking idiots!

Bath Sainsburys, the idiots wouldn’t let another vehicle join the queue in case the station ran out of fuel. This I do understand, but the vehicle that wanted into the queue was the frickin petrol tanker delivering fuel!!!

Oh, and me as I sneaked through to get enough fuel to get to tomorrows job interview 🙂

orange
    Free Member

damn! the peasants are revolting again dear!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

industrial action that will hit those who aren’t paid tanker driver money

So that’s the issue here is it ? ………that the consequences of this action will hit people who are paid less than those causing it ?

You must have one hell of a problem with a government of millionaires by millionaires for millionaires then.

Specially as their actions are indisputably screwing ordinary working on behalf of their super-wealthy mates.

Who incidentally screwed everybody up in the first place, and then demanded that ordinary working people, who earn a fraction of what they earn, bail them out.

You must be absolutely livid. How do you cope ?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Either your reply is misplaced or you’re mistaken as to who started the thread.

Believe it or not, it aint all about you, Cougar.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The GF dieselled up her new car for the first time today…

“How many miles had you done?”

About 500..

did you brim it up again so we can check the consumption again?

I only put half a tank in- I was in a rush..

“What about he tanker strike?”

“What tanker strike?”

So the moral of this story is never let them put the news in Grazia or on the TV anywhere near “New Girl”

IMHO the media should be banned from reporting on strikes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Filled up about an hour ago, no queues, no hassle, no argy-bargy, no angry Moms filling up puke wagons, just lil old me and a bloke on a vespa.

Pathetic.

aracer
    Free Member

Regardless, we’re splitting hairs. It’s a nice idea but bloody stupid, is the point I’m trying to make without actually saying as such.

No – it’s a perfectly sensible idea which would solve the problem of panic buying at one stroke, just that £50 might be a bit high.

To be fair, I’ve been past several petrol stations today and not seen queues at any of them – maybe it’s just not come to this rural backwater yet (though I’d have thought Malvern was well stocked with the sort of demographic who do 100 miles a week and worry they’ve only got enough fuel for 4 weeks driving).

Cougar

I don’t think I’d ever be so cocksure as to think anything was “all about me”.

You were replying directly to my post. If the reply was intended for someone else, that wasn’t clear.

higgo
    Free Member

Is it about me?
    I’m not cool.

Cougar

it’s a perfectly sensible idea which would solve the problem of panic buying at one stroke, just that £50 might be a bit high.

It’s a superficially sensible idea until you stop and think about it. Then it’s a completely daft idea for reasons as discussed in my earlier post. To wit, practicalities aside, not everyone has (arbitrary amount of money) sloshing around. Some people put in a fiver because, radical as this might sound, that’s all they have.

Hell, middle-class shortsightedness aside, what happens when you lose your wallet and you’re out in the middle of nowhere with only a handful of change to your name? Or if you’re in your car filling a canister for your mate who’s run out?

As for “solving the problem of panic buying at a stroke,” is it really a huge problem that needs solving in the grand scheme of things? It’s not like it’s a daily occurrence.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

You were replying directly to my post. If the reply was intended for someone else, that wasn’t clear.

I was replying in general on a forum thread and not necessarily talking directly to you.
    Clear enough?

Jamie
    Free Member

Hearing we were going to run out of petrol, I dashed to the nearest petrol station. Finally I got to the pump, only to realise I had forgotten my car. At a loss, I filled my pockets full of petrol and legged it.

It was only when I got home, I wondered what the hell I was doing. My car’s a diesel.

samuri
    Free Member

I put a tenner in tonight. I have a lot more money than that but that’s all I needed.

There’s a lesson there somewhere.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Genuine lol @Jamie (although better before the edit IMO)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was replying in general on a forum thread and not necessarily talking directly to you.
    Clear enough?

FeeFoo
    Free Member

You’re better looking than you come across, Ernie!

nealglover
    Free Member

No – it’s a perfectly sensible idea which would solve the problem of panic buying at one stroke, just that £50 might be a bit high.

Imho, It’s a bloody stupid idea.

I run a diesel van that does 700 miles or so to a tank.

In between filling the van, I need to fill a couple of 5 litre jerry cans with petrol so I can run the generator in the back of the van so I can earn a living.

How would that work ?

rossi46
    Free Member

Some people get so up tight when I ride past the queue, pull up behind a car at the pumps and fill up while the driver is in the shop paying. Their evil looks so upset me…..

😆 Its a lovely feeling isnt it 😆

I thought i was going to get shot today when i did that before i kindly reminded the driver that i pushed my bike past two cars filling up, filled my bike up, moved it to one side so as not to cause an obstruction, and then paid for it- before he’d even moved.
    So no-one was inconvenienced at all 😆 😆

Anyway- it’s all a government scam to get people to fill up by scaring them all isnt it? It must’ve raised alot of revenue!

mrdestructo

This is hilarious (from a non-drivers POV) The strikes, that may or may not occur, are two weeks from now. I can walk or cycle everywhere in my ‘small’ city. I rode 28 miles today and never passed a petrol station so can’t comment except repeat a post a friend made on FB that he went to a supermarket here and the queues were massive for fuel.

I am, however, going for a large food shop in two days and the shelves had better not be emptied by end of the world believers. I don’t eat bread, but UHT milk is essential (I’m not hoarding, I live in an attic, it’s heating up and my fridge can’t cope with fresh milk) Plus, the zombie invasion isn’t till December.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Anyway- it’s all a government scam to get people to fill up by scaring them all isnt it? It must’ve raised alot of revenue!

Nearly. Really it’s a government scam to divert as much attention from this lamentable story about our dear leaderzzz. And goodness me, isn’t it working? Nothing gets a nation riled up like a fuel crisis. Oh look, nearly everyone has forgotten the rest of the ‘real’ news over the last week. 👿

weeksy

I felt like a prime gimp as i had to fill up a jerry can. Only a 5L one though. It had nothing to do with the strike, more to do with the fact i’d run the wifes motorbike 11 miles into her reserve the night before as i was hungry and wanted to get home for food. So may not have made it to the fuel station.

I think everyone must have thought i was one of the prime tossers.

AndyP
    Free Member

Ah, good old industrial action. Bringing the nation together and getting the public on your side. You really can’t beat it. God bless those lazy tanker drivers.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Aren’t they going on strike about safety and training?
    Disgracefull 😯

AndyP
    Free Member

Disgracefull (sic)
    FTFY.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

God bless those lazy tanker drivers.

Is that why they go on strike every 12 years – just because they’re “lazy” ? How do you know that ?

Or is that comment the sort of knee-jerk response one can expect from some dozy div too lazy to be bothered to think for themselves.

And why do you think they might need to get ‘the public on their side’ eh ? They are in dispute with their employers, you know, those employers in the oil industry like Shell and BP who always make staggering profits even during recessions when most other people are suffering, so whether the public supports them or not is quite irrelevant.

There is absolutely no reason at all why tanker drivers would need public support to win this dispute – they can easily win it without that. Again, this suggests a knee-jerk reaction from a dozy div too lazy to bother working out that this isn’t a dispute like public sector workers where public hostility to the employers, ie the government, can to an extent further their cause.

Maybe your brain has gone on strike ?

AndyP
    Free Member

Is that why they go on strike every 12 years – just because they’re “lazy” ? How do you know that ?
    Or is that comment the sort of knee-jerk response one can expect from some dozy div too lazy to be bothered to think for themselves.

No. Going on strike is what one can expect from some dozy div too lazy to be bothered to think for themselves.
    And why do you think they might need to get ‘the public on their side’ eh ?
    Nothing. Bizarre.
    They are in dispute with their employers, you know, those employers in the oil industry like Shell and BP who always make staggering profits even during recessions when most other people are suffering, so whether the public supports them or not is quite irrelevant.
    There is absolutely no reason at all why the tanker drivers would need public support to win this dispute – they can easily win it without that. Again, this suggests a knee-jerk reaction from a dozy div too lazy to bother working out that this isn’t a dispute like public sector workers where public hostility to the employers, ie the government, can to an extent further their cause.

Your response suggests someone trying to read things that aren’t there. Take a day off. Maybe make a placard or two.
    Maybe your brain has gone on strike ?
    If it had, does that mean another day off work? Brilliant.

grum
    Free Member

State sponsored idiocy of the highest order. Their distraction plan seems to be working pretty well though.

People who voted for this government – I hope you’re proud of yourselves.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you can’t answer the question why tanker drivers would need ‘the public on their side’ to win this dispute then.

Neither the drivers nor the employers need the public to settle this dispute one way or the other.

Seems my suggestion that your comment was just a knee-jerk reaction from a dozy div too lazy to bother thinking was correct.

AndyP
    Free Member

Bless. Poor dozy div. I can’t answer that question, because it is something you have formed in your own little addled mind. And yet in the next line you state the opposite.
    Have a lie down.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t answer that question, because it is something you have formed in your own little addled mind

LOL it was you that said it mate ! 😀

Here, let me quote you :

“Bringing the nation together and getting the public on your side”

So go on – tell me why they need the public on their side to win this dispute, I’m all ears.

You can’t can you ? Because you hadn’t bothered thinking about what you were typing…….pure laziness.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

the huge corporations they work for have been cutting
    costs so they can boost profits.
    I really want the person driving around with 30 tons of explosive fuel to have proper training.

higgo
    Free Member

No, they’re going on strike for better pay and conditions but playing the ‘safety and training card’.

Let’s imagine they walk out of ACAS with all the safety training they want but required to work the same hours for the same money. Do we think that will be the end of the issue?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.