Home Forums Chat Forum Peroneal Tendonitis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Peroneal Tendonitis
    zippykona

Tuesday morning woke up and got out of bed. Ouch ,ankle hurts.

Today still the same. A quick google and it looks like that is my problem.

I can’t think of anything that aggravated it. On Monday we went for lunch, Sunday we walked around Olympia Halls.
    Rest is suggested but I’d really like to know what caused it.

Will it magically go as quickly as it arrived? Off to Cornwall next week I’d really like to have a proper explore.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I didn’t even know there were ligaments in your perineum but it sounds painful.  GWS

ampthill

Is peroneal an auto correct for achilles? Which makes no sense. Or am i wrong about where the peroneal is?

Onzadog
    Free Member

After a little research, the OP is right, but like everyone else, I was wondering if they really were tendons there and how it could affect your ankle.

BillMC

I got something like that at the end of July and only now am I considering getting back on the bike next week. Have been hobbling around since then, it’s been a pain in the perineum.

piemonster
    Free Member

As its come on suddenly, you sure its not a ligament injury?

Rest is suggested but I’d really like to know what caused it.

I am not a physio, but I’ve been to a few, and within the last week. The guidelines I’ve been given is a short period of rest, no more, and not a long sustained rest. I’d assume it depends what is actually happening, but with the injuries I’ve had, total rest wouldn’t fix anything, just get the initial inflammation/pain reduced. The actual fix is just better physical control, increasing range if its limited, and strength training.

I cant recommend getting to a good physio or sports therapist enough tbh.

zippykona

recommend getting to a good physio or sports therapist enough tbh.

Im in Epsom does anyone have any recommendations?

fossy

Age ?

Get all sorts of foot pain issues now I’m in my 50’s – can be how I slept with where my feet were. Desk job here, so walk like an 80 year old every time I get up, until I get stuff moving properly.

zippykona

I’m 59 and on my feet all day. If I did something epic to hurt my ankle I could understand but in my sleep?

Flaperon

I had this, saw a physio. He gave me some stretches to do with a giant green elastic band and told me to keep running. Worked.

geomickb

I sometimes get this. The cause may be lack of hip extension (cycle and sit a lot?). You could check this yourself doing a Thomas Test (Google it).

Treating tendinopathy is fixed with progressive loading. I would go and see a physio, he can check your mobility and guide you how to load the tendon correctly. You don’t want any of that ultrasound, dry needling or other nonsense.

mccraque

Watching this with interest…. I thought I was on the road to recovery post insertional achilles surgery – and then all of a sudden pain around the outside of the heel and into the foot. Just from a hill climb on the bike (that I have done several times as part of rehab).

Now I cannot shift this pain! Never ending….

Sui
    Free Member

zippykona

you could try Massimo at Surrey Hills physio (he’s at Denbies  – his missus runs various classes there as well).  he’s quite well regarded locally for sports issues. https://shphealth.co.uk/who-we-are/meet-the-team/

Sui
    Free Member

also Zippy, my sister jo works here https://www.epsomphysiotherapy.co.uk/the-team/pilates-instructors/ she’s very good with sports injuries having fixed me multiple times.

zippykona

Sui ,that looks perfect. I’ve got a buggered knee which has led to me having a much weaker leg.
    The poorly leg needs strengthening but I don’t know how to do it with a buggered knee.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.