Home Forums Chat Forum Paul Di’Anno dead

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Paul Di’Anno dead
    johndoh
    Free Member

The first metal band I really got into – I loved Iron Maiden and Killers, then bought tickets to see them on the Beast on the Road Tour as a spotty 14 yr old without realizing he’d been kicked out of the band. I have always loved his voice and kinda preferred the two albums with him on vocals but clearly Maiden had plans for a very different direction.

RIP

blokeuptheroad

Same, much preferred his voice and their early style to Bruce Dickinson. Very much the soundtrack of my teenage years. RIP

Kryton57

Blimey, that’s a bit sad, I have his vocal of Fear of the Dark somewhere, I must hook it out.

Maiden are about to / have just kicked off another tour I believe, I guess that’ll become a condolence.

jameso

No.. Killers is a brilliant album, was a huge Iron Maiden fan as a teenager, well, still am. I like the direction they went in later in the 80s but Killers is different, more raw, better somehow.

jameso

MadBillMcMad

First band I saw live with Paul fronting at Leeds queens Hall. What a sweaty dive. Still love the first two albums. Can’t stand Bruce.

sadexpunk

as a young punk it went against the grain for me at the time, but i loved that 1st album, cant think of any other metal records i liked back then.  and like a few others, didnt care for them at all with BD.

RIP

gordimhor

Similar to Sadexpunk liked Iron Maiden because of Paul Di Anno .  Saw them on tour with him. Sad to hear he’s died.

salad_dodger

Shame we can’t keep this thread to just saying RIP Paul rather than slagging off his replacement.

johndoh
    Free Member

Shame we can’t keep this thread to just saying RIP Paul rather than slagging off his replacement.

TBF, given my OP compares the two, I think it is fine to have an opinion. And nobody has slagged BD off. And I have seen them live (with BD) probably about 15 times so far and have nothing against him. Just two *very* contrasting vocal styles.

gordimhor

No slight on anyone was intended

Spin
    Free Member

Those first two albums were totally different beasts from the route they went down afterwards. Hard, dark and raw without the theatricals.

dirkpitt74

RIP Paul – Rock in Peace \m/

lovewookie

Killers is my favourite maiden album. I like what Bruce does, but killers has great production and Paul’s voice is so raw against the melodic guitar twiddling it’s a superb blend.

RIP.

robertajobb

Obvs if you’ve followed anything about IM in the past few years, you’ll know Paul Di’Anno had had some health problems for quite a while.  Still sad to hear though.

johndoh
    Free Member

different beasts

I see what you did there…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.