Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,508 total)
  • Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21
  • MSP

Conte to Spuds ?

More likely to RM, although it is debatable if the 3 remaining super league clubs will be in the CL next year, so may not be a good time to commit to one of them.

grum
    Free Member

Not first five but there you go binners. Shocking marking.

Caher

Didn’t think there was actual contact by Cavani on the Villarreal player for the freekick.

dc1988

Feels like Utd will need Villarreal to tire a bit, they’re looking very well drilled at the moment. I think Wan Bissaka and Shaw need to put a few more crosses in with Cavani as a target man

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Didn’t put the first half as expected United to romp it. Now I’ve got it on they’ll come roaring back.

grum
    Free Member

Rashford should have scored just now

spacemonkey

Rashford looks like he’s won a Shreddies competition to get on the pitch tonight.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

They’re so much better than Villarreal but created very little bar the goal and Rashford’s sitter. Villarreal playing for penalties ever since the equaliser.

ElShalimo

It’s pretty dull

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Rope a dope from Villarreal? They’ve woken up.

dc1988

It’s not a classic

spacemonkey

Bringing on 2 penalty takers in the last minute is an insane gamble. Ole clearly doesn’t have faith in they or the rest of the bench to win the game beforehand.

One of the worst finals I’ve ever witnessed.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Penalties. Can Bruno sky one please?

martinhutch

What’s the betting one or both will miss? Have they even had a kick?

spacemonkey

Reckon McT will nail the deciding pen.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He was subbed off.

ElShalimo

Even the pens are dull

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Agreed!

theotherjonv

when does next season start?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

he’s no Alisson

ElShalimo

De Gea’s pen was rubbish

😆😆😆

martinhutch

Thank Christ for that, I can go to bed now.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

couldn’t **** it up by fluffing a save, during 120 minutes, so screwed it with taking a penalty 😂😂😂😂😂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Oh Bruno, don’t be sad. 😀

dc1988

To be fair, they were great penalties by Villarreal

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, tactically they snuffed Utd out during the 120 minutes too. Two shots on target? Pogba and Bruno pretty poor when they needed them to step up.

ElShalimo

Why didn’t he use his subs much earlier? Either he has no confidence in them or he’s tactically naïve. Madness

grum
    Free Member

What is the issue with Van De Beek? So weird to spend that money on someone and not really give him a proper run. Is it a personality thing?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Subs and Van de beek – Ole doesn’t trust them or think they’re good enough is my thoughts. Remember he sees them in training day in day out. Plenty of other big money signings at other clubs who’ve flopped.

grum
    Free Member

I guess it must be. I just watched a highlights reel on YT and he clearly has a lot of talent. You’d think though that if Pogba can be reintegrated into the team after a lot of upset and some truly shocking performances, then anyone can.

I feel like Ole doesn’t have a plan b when his ‘hit them on the break’ strategy doesn’t work. They were incredibly lacklustre. I’ll say again he’s done fairly well but I don’t think they’ll ever win a major trophy with him in charge. League position has flattered them this season.

doris5000

I feel like Ole doesn’t have a plan b when his ‘hit them on the break’ strategy doesn’t work

you can say that again. That was like watching an England ‘last 16 at a world cup’ match where we come up against a decent side, don’t know what to do and just huff and puff.

The Guardian MBM reporter said at half time that Utd needed someone to pick the lock and should consider de Beek or Mata. But they just kept banging their head on door and to everyone’s surprise, it didn’t give way.

Poor old Rashford looked way off his game. I kept forgetting Greenwood was even on the pitch. And I’m fairly sure Cavani made more essential defensive tackles than the actual defence!

MSP

Cavani was the only one moving off the ball to try and create options, everyone else were just standing around waiting for something to happen.

As I said a couple of weeks ago.

Last nights game was really clear at the difference between a team who a properly coached and a team who are just put out on the pitch with the hope that individuals can deliver.

I don’t think Ole even has a plan A, he just massages the egos and puts the players on the pitch, whether they play well or not isn’t down to anything he coaches them to do.

MSP

Poch in talks to return to spurs, didn’t see that coming, and is probably the only move that could persuade Kane to stay.

doris5000

I don’t think Ole even has a plan A, he just massages the egos and puts the players on the pitch, whether they play well or not isn’t down to anything he coaches them to do.

I read a thing recently suggesting managers only make 8% difference. It’s a bit nebulous but…

I agree, Ole doesn’t seem a tactical genius. But this season they scored more goals, equalled their best finish, and racked up their 2nd best points total since SAF left.

Ole isn’t gonna have them overhauling Pep. But it’s debatable that anyone could, in the next couple of years at least…

johndoh
    Free Member

I read a thing recently suggesting managers only make 8% difference. It’s a bit nebulous but…

Was that written before the Bielsa Effect on the Leeds team?

MSP

8% is like having an extra player on the pitch.

If Poch is unsettled at PSG, united should move heaven and earth to get him. I mean I hope they stick with Ole, but it would likely be a genuinely competitive season with Pep at city, Klop at Liverpool. Tuchel at Chelsea and Poch at united.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Poch and wouldn’t like to see him at United but has he actually won anything? Didn’t even win ligue 1 with PSG, admittedly joining halfway through the season.

ElShalimo

The problem at PSG is the players.  Tuchel is working with arguably less talented players at Chelsea and has turned them into a decent team after he was sacked by PSG in December

doris5000

alternatively, 8% is like +/- 5.9 points for Utd this year. Which would have affected their league position by a maximum of one place! So yeah it’s pretty nebulous.

it would likely be a genuinely competitive season with Pep at city, Klop at Liverpool. Tuchel at Chelsea and Poch at united.

as a premier league neutral, I’d love that!

But there’s also talk of Spurs trying to get him back to, uh, The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium – https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57268046

doris5000

Also I can’t help but think of Thomas Tuchel as Tommy Tuckle, a fictional wartime popular entertainer with a repertoire of banjo songs and bawdy jokes

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,508 total)

The topic ‘Pandemic of soccerball season 2020/21’ is closed to new replies.