Home Forums Bike Forum Orbea Oiz – anyone got one?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Orbea Oiz – anyone got one?
  • dawson

Tempted by one of these as my first foray into a full-susser.

It will be used for bridleway and singletrack with occasional trips to Peak District and Yorkshire Dales etc

What are they like from a pivot/bearing longevity perspective?

It would be the alloy 120mm version

martinhutch

Don’t know about the alloy, but my carbon one gets through a set of bearings approximately once a year, sometimes a little sooner.

Pivot axle needs pulling and greasing fairly regularly.

couchy
    Free Member

Yup, recently bought an XL H30 and I love it, only done 50 miles and the appearance of an old injury means I’m done riding it 😞 Gutted so it’s going up for sale.

dawson

@martinhutch – are they quite easy to work on?

@couchy
    – that’s a bummer

thenorthwind

No, but I looked for one for a long time, but nothing doing – ended up buying an Occam, and bloody love it.

Bought mainly for bikepacking, but it’s such a capable bike I’ve ended up using it for riding trail centres and natural tech just as much.

Can’t help with the bearing question, mine haven’t needed doing in the year since I bought it with them recently done.

martinhutch

@dawson

not too bad, if you’re careful. Don’t know if the alloy is slightly different. Mine had a few fiddly circlips and whatnot.

LS
    Free Member

I’ve got an M10 TR which I’ve had for just under three years. One bearing change in that time but I did upgrade to SKF when I did it, wasn’t too big a job.
    Honestly can’t think of a better bike for what I use it for i.e. going pretty hard up/down/around the Peak District.

martinhutch

There’s an H10 TR (120mm) in the Sigma Sports sale, BTW.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Be very careful with the main pivot bearing change.
    Mine was stuck solid and when I undid it it stripped the threads and I think also cracked the chainstay section.
    Was replaced under warranty though.

(Occam, not Oiz)

snoops
    Free Member

Hey I’m a new Oiz owner. Building up a 2021 M10 frame in TR mode.

I’ve bought a second hand shock and wondering if this clearance is too tight?

Could you let me know what you think? Should I flip the shock around?

@martinhutch
    @LS

snoops
    Free Member

To clarify, the shock clears the frame, but it’s so close. I assume there’s going to be some lateral movement?

mildred

Have you tried mounting it the other way around? Looks like there may be better clearance.

snoops
    Free Member

Thanks, @mildred. Yes, that’s what I’ve done now, but I’d rather mount it normally for easier access to the manual lockout.

Hoping for some guidance on the clearance or a photo of someone else’s Oiz to compare.

pistola
    Free Member

Just had a quick look at mine (2022 M-Pro TR), and there’s 2-3mm between the shock and the frame, so a little bit more than you have.  The had of the shock isn’t as big as your’s though (Fox Float Factory EVOL).  I’ll see if I can get a photo.

martinhutch

Had a quick look at mine, certainly looks to be a little more clearance, it’s possible your shock is a bit girthier than the one supplied with mine.

BearBack
    Free Member

that’s a pretty old shock (2014?). I imagine that eyelet body version was discontinued well before that version of the Oiz was released. I assume its an LV eyelet body.
    I worked on a team race bike, it wasn’t as tight as that but way more fiddly with how Orbea’s squidlock was tucked up in the frame and inside that front shock mount.
    Was a spectacularly light bike.

snoops
    Free Member

Thanks, all. Clearance for me is max 1mm, so I’ll keep it reverse-mounted and consider sourcing a newer, narrower shock if I find the lockout access a pain.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.