Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 798 total)
  • Oooh! Shiny. New site theme discussion. Bug Reports
  • bubs

What settings can I change on my laptop to stop the new site from looking so broken? The left hand side banner obscures some of the “doesn’t quite fit on the screen” content. It looks great on my phone and iPad but the frames aren’t right on the laptop. Could it be due to old browsers? IE11 and Chrome 41.0.2272.101?

onewheelgood

Has anyone else noticed that the chevrons now take you to the most recent page? Thanks for fixing that one!

Cougar

Could it be due to old browsers? IE11 and Chrome 41.0.2272.101?

Probably.

Neither of those browsers are supported, Andy posted a list several pages back. Why on earth are you using a five year old version of Chrome?

Edukator
    Free Member

Onewheelgood +1

bubs

Why on earth are you using a five year old version of Chrome?

It’s a work laptop and we are an IT investing, data driven organisation apparently 😁.

Cougar

Sucks to be you, then. (-:

Get on to your IT department, STW aside that’s a huge security risk.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone know what’s going on with tagging people? You used to get an email and now don’t, not clear where notifications are hiding either.

scotroutes

@ratherbeintobago, there is a Notifications setting in your Account details. Not sure if it does anything.

@scotroutes

Cougar

Anyone know what’s going on with tagging people? You used to get an email and now don’t, not clear where notifications are hiding either.

We’ve already flagged that up, it’s on the list.

ratherbeintobago
    Cougar

theres a weird bug…. if you log into stw from a thread your logged in for every bar that thread :/ even if you go out and back into it. You’re logged in outside go back and you’re logged out again.

I’m told this is now believed to have been fixed. Can anyone confirm / deny please?

bigdean

Is it me or is this site getting worse. Just tried to relpy to a covid thread.
    Go to reply, need to log in. Cant do that from the thread page so have go to menu, log in then find thread again only to show still not logged in? Go to log in again, you already logged in.
    So back to thread have refresh the page, type the reply and submit button doesn’t work.

jamiep
    Free Member

log in, go to the forum, click on the thread ‘How to pack for 6 days bikepacking in the Alps.’
    = “You must be logged in to reply to this topic.”

Repeat to infinity.

But some other threads work fine, keeping me logged in

[using Chrome]

Drac

Cheers that answers Cougar’s question.

ta11pau1

Erm, go home STW forum, you’re drunk.

Very strange layout/bug I’ve just had, haven’t tried to reproduce it yet…
    edit: Ok, only happens on the £1500 suggestions thread, this one is fine.

Here’s the full screen view:

Drac

Yeah a post on there has caused a formatting issue but I’ve not worked out now yet.

Drac

Oh! Looked this am and found the problem it’s amazing what a bit of sleep does. I must try it more often.

scotroutes

Little linky thing has appeared on each post but seems inert?

FB-ATB

The arrows that took you to the last page have gone when I use the laptop, but not on my phone- anyone else have this?

Houns

Having problems replying (see if this works) and getting a website debug error (Safari on teh ipad)

FB-ATB

Cos it’s not Drac’s.
    I get that when posting with a HP
    Laptop on explorer and now with my iPhone.

scotroutes

That WordPress debug error has been happening all day. That’s W10/Chrome and Android/Chrome.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The new pale blue colour for my user name and places I’ve been and threads I’ve been involved with… can I change the colour for something more visible?
    Be nice to have the option as a user set function as the pale blue is pretty crap.

scotroutes

And the text on the “Preview” and “Post” buttons is now all but invisible. White on a very, very pale grey button.

Using Dark Mode on W10/Chrome and Android/Chrome.

Drac

Oooh! Somethings gone wrong I’m seeing Ads.

twistedpencil

I’m seeing adverts too!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Oooh! Somethings gone wrong I’m seeing Ads.

Not……..on your iPad Pro😱

tomhoward

I’ve a sudden urge to buy some cheap ted baker clobber…

Poopscoop

Anyone tell me what the little chain link icon is? Does it show you’ve posted in the thread?

kayak23

Pale blue no likey.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Anyone tell me what the little chain link icon is? Does it show you’ve posted in the thread?

Dunno, let me try something

Edit: Nope, no idea. Thought it may be once the fifteen minute edit window was up

Drac

Anyone tell me what the little chain link icon is?

Currently nothing not sure of the plans.

honourablegeorge

Anyone else getting WordPress “critical error” when they post?

droodling
    Free Member

I just came here to ask about the same thing. Tried posting a pic (which I’ve never done on this forum), hit “image” entered url for the Flickr image, posted and got a critical error message.

Wasn’t sure what I was doing wrong, if it was the forum or flickr. Or just me ><

Drac

Yup it started yesterday look up. ^

Tech are looking into it might be working now as I’ve not had a it appear for the last 30 minutes or so.

whitestone
    Free Member

Not had a link icon but threads I’ve looked at now have their “last updated” time in light blue. Seems to have started in the last day or so as it’s not consistent: a thread I looked at yesterday is in blue but another isn’t. They could be either side of when this behaviour began.

Bez

Can the visited link colour be reverted to its previous value, please? Now my most-used links are really low contrast (seriously, has anyone actually read WCAG?) and look hideous.

scotroutes

PMs on Android/Chrome aren’t readable. The message window is mostly off the LH side of the screen.

scotroutes

Bez

Same on my iPhone.

PS props for the white chain link icon on white background. Going the extra mile 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 798 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.